• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
No. If you already own it, your only option is to gift or trade it. It'll stay in your inventory until you do one of those two things with it.

Well I just won the first game. I was asking about it possibly adding maps or something to L4D2 for having it installed, but it looks like L4D2 already has ones maps probably? Maybe I should give it to someone or trade for something.

Big-E

Steam is being really weird right now. I leave for work in the morning and leave Steam on to continue downloading Psychonauts. I get home and I am starring at a new full 5 gig download of Psychonauts plus a full TF2 download. WTF.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Well I just won the first game. I was asking about it possibly adding maps or something to L4D2 for having it installed, but it looks like L4D2 already has ones maps probably? Maybe I should give it to someone or trade for something.

Oh sorry, I misread your post. Disregard.

Atomski

Steam is being really weird right now. I leave for work in the morning and leave Steam on to continue downloading Psychonauts. I get home and I am starring at a new full 5 gig download of Psychonauts plus a full TF2 download. WTF.

When I got home today it has been asking me to verify every game I have launched. Not sure wtf causes that..

Trying my hardest not to buy Defence Grid. :p It´s hard when everyone recommends it here, but Tower Defence games have always just been time wasting games, and it seems wrong to buy such games when I have so many gamers that are actually interesting.

Zzoram

Trying my hardest not to buy Defence Grid. :p It´s hard when everyone recommends it here, but Tower Defence games have always just been time wasting games, and it seems wrong to buy such games when I have so many gamers that are actually interesting.

All games are for time wasting. TDs can be really fun. Defense Grid is one of those TDs.

Big-E

But it is a good time waster, plus it has an easy achievement for a gift. Win, win.

elektrixx

Banned

Defense Grid is the best tower defense game I've ever played.

Anyone having a problem with Psychonauts where it won't start up yet shows as being played on your community page?

I have 6 hours played just today. People are gonna think I really like Psychonauts.

Mush

If I wanted to gift x amount of people a game that doesn't have a 4 pack, do I have to go through the transaction process multiple times?

Sober

If I wanted to gift x amount of people a game that doesn't have a 4 pack, do I have to go through the transaction process multiple times?
Yes.

At this time of year, I recommend you put the approximate amount of money for X copies into your Steam wallet then buy it instead that way, because I'm pretty sure it'd seem suspicious to your CC holder.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

I'm pretty sure you can buy them all at once if you click "purchase as a gift" when you check out and they'll just be added to your "manage gifts and guest passes" tab. I'm nearly positive it worked out that way last year.

Fuck why did I ask for Batman AC for Christmas? If I don't get it I'm going to wish I had bought it on sale. Maybe it'll be on the final recap day.

Narag

Oh nice, won sonic generations.

J8SwI.jpg

Sober

I'm pretty sure you can buy them all at once if you click "purchase as a gift" when you check out and they'll just be added to your "manage gifts and guest passes" tab. I'm nearly positive it worked out that way last year.
You can do that but you still can only have one copy in the cart at a time, unfortunately.

Fuck why did I ask for Batman AC for Christmas? If I don't get it I'm going to wish I had bought it on sale. Maybe it'll be on the final recap day.
I wouldn't take the gamble personally (you never know) but to be fair, it is fairly likely to be an end-of-sale repeat seeing as it's been sitting at the top of Top Sellers for most of the day.

mrgone

PAYDAY The Heist is awesome
Yeah, it's pretty good! Seems like there's a lot to unlock with the progression stuff, too.

And I can't lie, I kind of love how Swedish all the voice acting is.

edit: And what the fucking fuck, there are 10% off coupons. What the hell. Hey, who wants 10% off Ubisoft games after the sale? NO ONE. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. A AAAAHGHGHGH

Speevy

Banned
This might be the wrong place to ask, but did anyone else make Diggle Nog in Dungeons of Dredmor and NOT get the achievement?

Caerith

Make sure to use whatever the functionality was in motioninjoy that makes it think its a 360 controller.

Also a tiny patch looks like it just came out, seems to have solved the lighting issue.

dkryL.jpg
What did you do to get your buttons to show up as buttons? Mine are all (1) (2) etc.

graywolf323

oh come the bleep on Steam

I finally get 7 pieces of coal and decide to try my luck at crafting

I get a 50% off on the title The Wonderful End of the World coupon which would be nice if I DIDN'T ALREADY OWN THE GAME >_<

I scored Section 8: Prejudice on my first craft.

It's a great game, Section 8: Prejudice is basically Starship Troopers: The Game. How you spawn into the matches or some levels via orbital drop is pretty novel and the powers the suits provide you are really cool, it's honestly a pretty fun game. Pity the multiplayer is a ghost town.

Cday

Banned
So tempted to get Jurassic Park even though it's bad. I'm a sucker for Jurassic Park. 75% off is inevitable so I'll wait.

Speevy

Banned
Does Neverwinter Nights 2 take a powerful system to run?

By that I mean don't post a system requirements sheet, they're useless to me. I just mean is it a game I could run on medium with Intel 3000 graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom