• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtrizzy

kk, GAF.

Gonna start a Payday 4-pack. Will be on for an hour. :D

Quote this post and PM me.

Also add me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/Chavelo

I'd be interested in this, I don't really know how it (the 4 pack thing) works though. Does it run pretty well? I know this is a terrible way to judge, but the demo I tried on PS3 ran very poorly.

Chavelo

I'd be interested in this, I don't really know how it works though. Does it run pretty well? I know this is a terrible way to judge, but the demo I tried on PS3 ran very poorly.

Hmmm, there seems to be no demo on the steam page right now...

What kind of games do you play on steam?

1. Chixdiggit
2. Jtrizzy
4. Chavelo (host)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ugh...just how far do I have to go in that F2P game before I can chuck a snowball, get my lump of coal, and move on?
You should be able to get the 200 crowns in one mission. I know, the game sucks hard.

Edit: I actually have leftover crowns if you want them since I thought you needed 800 (who told me this?)

You should be able to get the 200 crowns in one mission. I know, the game sucks hard.

I was lucky and had 357 crowns from a while ago so all I had to do was log in and by luck the first lockdown i got into was a snowfield. I agree its not much fun though.

I just logged in to Spiral Knights and I have 189 crowns. Ugh. I don't remember anything about this game now either. The last time I played was for the Steam achievement over summer.

Oreoleo

I just logged in to Spiral Knights and I have 189 crowns. Ugh. I don't remember anything about this game now either. The last time I played was for the Steam achievement over summer.

You could get 11 crown in approximately 10 seconds once you enter a dungeon. I racked up about 800 in 2 levels. It really isn't that hard.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
You could get 11 crown in approximately 10 seconds once you enter a dungeon. I racked up about 800 in 2 levels. It really isn't that hard.

The difficulty comes from the fact that the game is horrendous and any time spent playing is pure torture.

Derrick01

Banned
The difficulty comes from the fact that the game is horrendous and any time spent playing is pure torture.

Me and a friend had some laughs at trying to figure out the game on the fly and running from a group of like 6 enemies.

But yeah the game is pretty awful. Thankfully it was free, I've wasted enough money already on shitty games just for the winter achievements.

Blizzard

Banned
I actually thought it was kinda fun way back when I tried it. It seemed like a cute game where you run around slashing at monsters in a dungeon setting.

Chavelo

Woot. That was my third time hosting a 4-pack group. Can I get a GAF achievement for that? XD

Maybe a coal, too?

gg, guys. Enjoy your game!

I tried twice today and either couldn't find the right arena or didn't see any damn snowballs. Plus it has the worst UI ever. Uninstalled out of frustration.

Vamphuntr

You need to find a gift and use it on 10 people or something, but since everyone is trying to find a gift... Also, Champions is a really shitty game.

Yeah... I won't bother. I can already imagine a flood of level 1 characters running around spamming the chat with "where can I get gifts".

Kaizen

is there another spot in a payday 4-pack? I'm interested in the game.. I'd totally host but I'm from Europe and it's more expensive over here :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You need to find a gift and use it on 10 people or something, but since everyone is trying to find a gift... Also, Champions is a really shitty game.
Huh? The gifts are ALL OVER and it's a huge city. And to use it on people just go into the central area and drop em on people crowding around the tailor. It also doesn't suck, it's awesome!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Sonic Generations is pretty chill. Surprising! I almost forgot what a non-shit Sonic game was like.

Sober

Do you guys think the DLC for batman AC is worth it?
Robin - playable robin in challenge maps plus 2 new ones
Nightwing - playable Nightwing in challenge maps plus another 2 new ones
Challenge Map Pack - one endless combat map, one sorta endless one (the better you do you can keep the timer going), and a predator map

get those indeedy. The extra batman skins are up to you

JAGII

Neo Member
So far, I've purchased two games solely for achievements -- Dungeons of Dredmor and Guardians of Graxia. But since I just got my second "50% Off Space Pirates and Zombies" coupon, I think I'm done falling for that gag.

So far, I've purchased two games solely for achievements -- Dungeons of Dredmor and Guardians of Graxia. But since I just got my second "50% Off Space Pirates and Zombies" coupon, I think I'm done falling for that gag.

I am with you on Guardians of Graxia but I would say Dredmor is well worth what you payed for it.

Well, it's your fault for buying games for that stuff. DoD is a great game, though.

Darryl

Banned

yep, i've learned my lesson. bought 2 games for the achievements, got 2 terrible coupons.

Natiko

Banned
Any idea if there are still people out there wanting to get into the Dota 2 beta? I won that as a prize but I don't want it, wasn't sure if I'd be able to exchange it for some games I actually wanted or not.

deduce

I went after the Defense Grid objective using the Youtube video as a guide since I've never played the game before. In two attempts to beat the objective, I unlocked 22 Steam achievements.

I only unlocked a 25% Valve coupon to go along with my other 50% Valve coupon. Too bad we can't trade the coupons in for a piece of coal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom