• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be the wrong place to ask, but did anyone else make Diggle Nog in Dungeons of Dredmor and NOT get the achievement?
the steam overlay doesn't work by default. you just have to go to your library, right-click the game, select properties, and then click "set launch options". enter -opengl in the box that pops up and you are good to go.

mrgone

I don't think the Steam overlay works with Dredmor, so you don't get any achievement notifications.

If you add -opengl as a launch option (right-click title in library, click "set launch options button) Steam overlay works properly

edit: indeedly, this is a redundant post :)

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
the steam overlay doesn't work by default. you just have to go to your library, right-click the game, select properties, and then click "set launch options". enter -opengl in the box that pops up and you are good to go.

If you add -opengl as a launch option (right-click title in library, click "set launch options button) Steam overlay works properly

That's good to know. Thanks.

Bebpo

Banned
How bad is Jurassic Park if you freaking love Heavy Rain?

Everyone keeps saying JP is bad because it's like Heavy Rain, but uh, some people like Heavy Rain! And a game like that set in JP sounds pretty awesome.

YEAH! I just got the best item possible from crafting 7 coal:

U5P2p.png

Contain your jealousy, please.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't think it's possible for me to hate a game more than I hate The Binding of Isaac. Achievements shouldn't be dependent on a fucking random occurrence.

Edit: To be specific, on top of just hating the game in general, I have played the same 2 levels over and over for 3 hours. I have seen the demon room 4 times, and none of those times has the guy you're supposed to kill showed up. This is bullshit and I am deleting the game. I wish I could take it off my Steam account so I don't even have to see the fucking title.

Someone gift me Deus Ex: Human Revolution so I don't hang myself over this. Or stuff my face with nutella in my dark room as I cry to Evanescence.

How do I burn digital coupons?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't think it's possible for me to hate a game more than I hate The Binding of Isaac. Achievements shouldn't be dependent on a fucking random occurrence.

I'm still confused on that one. Do I have to reset the game every time I die, because I'm just no good at those 2.5D titles. How far in the game is the boss area?

2nd, I think they said after 10 kills on the one boss where he spawns, he'll appear automatically after.

masterkajo

How exactly do you get that achievement? I haven't tried yet. How long does it take and how hard is it?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I still think they should have made it that when crafting 7 coal you should end up with either a game or at least a golden coupon useable during the holiday sale.

Risk vs. reward. It's a gamble. I'm personally keeping my coal because I'd rather have a microsopically small chance at winning any of the raffle prizes than wind up with a bunch of coupons that I'll never use. Others would rather risk not having any chance at winning a prize package in favor of possibly winning a random game or two.

Echoes

Compared to some of you here, I think I have decentcoupons. 75% off Risen, 50% off Bastion. I already have Bastion, but you can always trade coupons later. I also have 50% off any Valve game, but that's... okay.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How exactly do you get that achievement? I haven't tried yet. How long does it take and how hard is it?
First, you play through two shitty levels of a total piece of shit game that not only plays like crap but also has garbage design and looks uglier than any game you have ever seen in your life.

Second, after beating the boss on the second level, a special room MIGHT show up, and in that room a special boss MIGHT be there for you to fight. IF you beat him (because it's completely random as to what kind of powerups you may have acquired to make it easy or hard) you get the achievement.

My guess is that it takes 1/6809456730451 tries to get him to show up, which is maybe 47 years of trying.

masterkajo

First, you play through two shitty levels of a total piece of shit game that not only plays like crap but also has garbage design and looks uglier than any game you have ever seen in your life.

Second, after beating the boss on the second level, a special room MIGHT show up, and in that room a special boss MIGHT be there for you to fight. IF you beat him (because it's completely random as to what kind of powerups you may have acquired to make it easy or hard) you get the achievement.

My guess is that it takes 1/6809456730451 tries to get him to show up, which is maybe 47 years of trying.

... ok... writting about your stress and anger is therapeutic:)
I might try it if it will be featured as a daily challange.
Thanks for the info, though!

Tenck

If anyone is hesitating whether to craft coal or not, I have some great news for you. DO IT!!

I got 4 items, and quite possible the best ones too.

One copy of l4d2, and 3 coupons.

1 for Runspell %50
1 for Portal 2 %50
1 for Steelstorm 4 pack %50

If that doesn't change your mind, I have no idea what will!

Keep your coal or get trash, your choice. I'm also taking coal donations ;_;

graywolf323

If anyone is hesitating whether to craft coal or not, I have some great news for you. DO IT!!

I got 4 items, and quite possible the best ones too.

One copy of l4d2, and 3 coupons.

1 for Runspell %50
1 for Portal 2 %50
1 for Steelstorm 4 pack %50

If that doesn't change your mind, I have no idea what will!

Keep your coal or get trash, your choice. I'm also taking coal donations ;_;

your icon is better than any of those items

Helmholtz

Question: what's keeping people from making a bunch of new accounts and getting free presents? Do accounts have to have at least one paid game on them or something? Sorry, I haven't read into it too much.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Question: what's keeping people from making a bunch of new accounts and getting free presents? Do accounts have to have at least one paid game on them or something? Sorry, I haven't read into it too much.
They need games on them. This is why the Humble Indie bundle people had to stop giving out Steam keys for 0.01 "donations".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom