• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGMIII

I just bought the bunch of heroes 4 pack and it shows up in my lists but it says I didn't pay for it on the transaction page and it doesn't show on my paypal transaction page. Don't ban my account gabe.

Nothing for me today. I either already own them, or they don't fall under my "cheapass" rule.

Cheapass rule: Is the game new? If so consider it if it drops to $15.00 or under. Instabuy for under $10.00

Is it an old game? $5.00 or no sale.

Sorry Singularity, you are just 2 dollars too much.

thefil

Too bad I'm going home for Christmas, won't be able to do any of this until the new year (leaving behind my good computer and good Internet).

Talyn

Sigh. Everyone knows the start of the Winter sale is the biggest sale of the year, Why doesn't Valve ever seem prepared for the traffic spike they know they're going to get? It seems like Steam goes down in flames every year and it's getting oh so tiresome.

iam220

Hoping to pick up Skyrim, keep getting 503'ed. I'll wait for the daily deal if there is one but can anyone tell me if its at least -33% currently?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So I just got one of these achievements gifts but I don't know what it is or where I can even access the gift.

How are people finding out whether they got a lump of coal or not etc...

Cardigan

Hoping to pick up Skyrim, keep getting 503'ed. I'll wait for the daily deal if there is one but can anyone tell me if its at least -33% currently?

lol no. And I doubt there will be any deal for it seeing that it's the #1 selling game on Steam. They have no reason to put it on sale.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It would be better with some checkpoints, but whatever, it isn't like the levels are that long.

It'd be terrible with checkpoints. And the levels aren't more than a minute and a half long. Game is wonderful.

To this day I can still only play Amnesia for 5-10 minutes a time. If I try to play longer I start to scratch at my skin. Great game otherwise!

I don't know about the scratching of skin part, but I can't seem to play for 10 minutes or so either...still haven't beaten it. It's gotten to the point where just loading the game up makes my breath shallow and my heart start to beat.

That's a good thing though, as Amnesia is supposed to be scary. And it's definitely the scariest game I've ever played.

Whoa. You're onto something. If only we could see coupons too.

I'm probably too slow herE:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33482624&postcount=13094

Edit: by 2 posts. I'll make a lame joke Mafia 2 (JP) so thats Yakuza 2?

That's a pretty decent list of 'free' games.

I don't know about the scratching of skin part, but I can't seem to play for 10 minutes or so either...still haven't beaten it. It's gotten to the point where just loading the game up makes my breath shallow and my heart start to beat.

That's a good thing though, as Amnesia is supposed to be scary. And it's definitely the scariest game I've ever played.

Well I don't REALLY scratch my skin!

HTuran

biCTn.jpg

Damn region restrictions.

SmithnCo

So I just got one of these achievements gifts but I don't know what it is or where I can even access the gift.

Go to your inventory.

Currently though, it seems to be broken and doesn't display items correctly.

Mihos

Gold Member

It is in your inventory on your prolfile page... but it is all borked up right now.

Everyone log out so I can check mine! I will let you know when it is OK to log back in!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Go to your inventory.

Currently though, it seems to be broken and doesn't display items correctly.

It is in your inventory on your prolfile page... but it is all borked up right now.

Everyone log out so I can check mine! I will let you know when it is OK to log back in!

Ok thanks guys, here's hoping my first gift is a steam press account. *crosses fingers*

coopolon

Wow, 2:30 and I am still getting 404's every third page or so. At first it might have been charming, "haha, we broke Steam," but after however many years of sales I think it might be time for Steam to invest a little into their infrastructure.

iam220

lol no. And I doubt there will be any deal for it seeing that it's the #1 selling game on Steam. They have no reason to put it on sale.

I thought steam sales made them money? But yeah, seeing how there is no regular sale on it, if it does become a daily it wont go over 33% and more likely ~20%

I'm really looking forward to the meta-game part of this sale. I don't know how many games I'll buy outright, but I'd really like to get into trading around for some stuff. I have 19 things in my Steam Inventory (one of them being the 33% off Valve coupon) and pretty much all of it is available to trade.

I just wish I could get TO the inventory to see what I have.

plc268

Yea, I'm not participating in this wallet money sucking achievement hunting this time around. I might go for the cheevos of the games I already own, but I'm not going to buy games solely for the purpose of the achievements (unless I want the game) this time around. I've learned my lesson.

MNC

I had this bookmarked because the site went private. These were all listed as Holiday Gift items iirc.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/pc/8134-steam-holiday-sale-list-leak.html

Whoa. You're onto something. If only we could see coupons too.

I'm probably too slow herE:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33482624&postcount=13094

Edit: by 2 posts. I'll make a lame joke Mafia 2 (JP) so thats Yakuza 2?

My guess is that these are the games that can be won. So yeah, that's that. Add to OP if it's not there already?

Vamphuntr

Wow, 2:30 and I am still getting 404's every third page or so. At first it might have been charming, "haha, we broke Steam," but after however many years of sales I think it might be time for Steam to invest a little into their infrastructure.

Yeah, agreed. If they like to boast that they have reached the 4 millions daily users connected then should really invest in their infrastructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom