• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesskid1

Banned
I can't redeem that WARIN-SNOWY-NORTH one using my UK GMG account - any US gaffer wanna buy it and give me the steam code? can paypal the cashola across or swap it for a copy of PAYDAY + Cthulhu/Breath of Death pack

i don't believe it's live yet. (check the date for coupons on my list)

Tomodachi

Quick question, I already have Sherlock Holmes Awakened Remastered Something (never even launched it of course), any other good one from the series I should get before the daily expires?

So tempted to buy The Witcher for less than $7 but i don't know if my crap PC can handle it. I only have the Athlon II X3 445 processor with shared video and 4GB of RAM

Chavelo

So tempted to buy The Witcher for less than $7 but i don't know if my crap PC can handle it. I only have the Athlon II X3 445 processor with shared video and 4GB of RAM

NFYmG.png

Plasma

Banned
Pretty sure the Witcher was a daily deal yesterday, might pop back up at the weekend when they do their usual recap of the weeks sales.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
haha i had that same exact question in my post. then i read the LOTR page on GMG :p

hopefully someone has actually played it and let us know whether to get it or not.

If you have someone to play co-op with, I'd say it's worth getting. Otherwise, maybe not. I haven't played all of it, but what I did play was pretty repetitive hack-n-slashing. Fun with a friend, but I imagine it'd quickly get tedious on your own. The friend I played with played a good deal before I joined him, and he pretty much hated the game when playing alone, but started really enjoying it after I jumped in.

Big-E

Unlocked the Swords and Soldiers achievement but I don't have it unlocked in the daily page. Anyone having problems with this?

Big-E

Gift finally came and it is a glorious 75% off Torchlight. My best gift yet. I know it has been said but the way the summer worked was better. I kept my tickets for what I wanted and didn't bother with the rest. I got 7 things so far and the best I got is coal.

Starbeh

Neo Member
Unlocked the Swords and Soldiers achievement but I don't have it unlocked in the daily page. Anyone having problems with this?

Took two days for my Orcs Must Die cheevo to show on my page while everything else has been instant. Probably just need to wait.

Which witcher is it

if its the first one you should be able to run it

unless you have a really crappy intregated video card

As I said earlier, I have now beaten the game. On accident, no less. It's not very hard. These first two levels are cake, and those are the only ones you really need to do to try for the achievement.
there is still a hell of a lot more content beyond what you have played and it is significantly harder. after clearing the initial floors once and "beating the game" like you did, another set of floors and the actual mom fight are made available as the new endgame. once that final mom fight has been conquered a total of six times, access to yet another set of floors with their own final boss is granted (this was added to the game in the halloween update). not that you are really interested but yeah.

So what are the chances of winning the Epic Holiday Giveaway?

I decided to do a breakdown on chance's actually winning something and quite frankly the odds are really against you.

for a recap on what the prizes are:
  • Grand Prize : Every single game on steam (1 winner)
  • First Prize : top ten games on wishlist (50 winners)
  • Second Prize : top five games on wishlist (100 winners)
  • Third Prize : Valve Complete Pack (1000 winners)

So how many Steam users are doing this competition?

This is hard to tell, but considering the latest achievement makes you get a coal by joing the steam holiday group we can give a indicator of the number of people entering.

before the achievement went online: 68,000

current online count:nearly 600,000:

8mlcR.png

This is still growing at a rate of 5 sign up's per second.

So what if have this "x" amount of coal? what are the chances of winning the main prize?

so I did the table below and your chances are tiny. even if you had 50 pieces of coal and only 100,000 coals were left in circulation on January 2nd you have a esitmated 1 in 2000 chance of winning.

9f7Bj.png

One tiny correction, joining the group doesn't force you to get a coal, it's like every other cheevo that they've done. I got a copy of The Void for joining. :) (pity I already had the game :(). I also have no coal, and surely I'm not the only one.

Exile550

I'm buying Batman AC today. I don't know if I should add in the DLC. Both character DLC adds up to $7... is it worth it for that kind of DLC?

Derrick01

Banned
Hey I haven't even been "lucky" enough to win any full game yet, just a few coupons and a pile of coal.

I'm hoping for something better today though since it's my birthday. Maybe Gabe can tweak the system so I get something good /wishful thinking.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Can someone in the UK tell me if Football Manager is on sale? It's not available on the Taiwan/International English store.

Alternatively tell me somewhere I can buy it digitally online.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hey I haven't even been "lucky" enough to win any full game yet, just a few coupons and a pile of coal.

I'm hoping for something better today though since it's my birthday. Maybe Gabe can tweak the system so I get something good /wishful thinking.

I have won a single 25% Valve coupon, and then just coalcoalcoalcoalcoal...

jkoch

I played Bunch of Heroes yesterday, first a little solo and then with 2 friends. I can honestly say that it's a strong contender for the worst game I've played all year. The controls are bad, the aiming is off, the weapons aren't well designed and just feel off, the goals within the missions don't make any sense and almost seem random, etc. I sure am glad I only paid $7.50 for a 4 pack.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
One tiny correction, joining the group doesn't force you to get a coal, it's like every other cheevo that they've done. I got a copy of The Void for joining. :) (pity I already had the game :(). I also have no coal, and surely I'm not the only one.
I got off to a fast start on day 1 with 2 coupons. Started on the achievements day 2 and nothing but cola since sdkjfhkdsjfhdks

Want to trade it for a copy of Lead & Gold? It's the only thing of worth I've gotten, and I already own it. :(

Ledsen

Wanna trade for a piece of coal? :) I kind of want that game just to see what it's about.

number386

Anyone else disappointed with the steam sale? It's the same recycled games every time, I already bought every game I want during previous sales. Stalker, just cause, neverwinter nights, etc... Steam sale = meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom