• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardigan

Anyone else disappointed with the steam sale? It's the same recycled games every time, I already bought every game I want during previous sales. Stalker, just cause, neverwinter nights, etc... Steam sale = meh.

What games do you want on sale then? I think they do a good job of mixing up the games between sales. Obviously there will be overlap.

StAidan

This is me. And my lumps of coal.

Me as well. I'm not likely to use the 25% coupon since all the Valve games are on better deals right now anyway, and having all this coal sucks because (1) I don't want to craft it away for fear of getting another sucky coupon, and (2) even if I save it all, there's almost zero chance of winning anything in the drawing.

Ledsen

Anyone else disappointed with the steam sale? It's the same recycled games every time, I already bought every game I want during previous sales. Stalker, just cause, neverwinter nights, etc... Steam sale = meh.

Every game is on sale. Do you want them to put nonexistent games on sale?

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Me as well. I'm not likely to use the 25% coupon since all the Valve games are on better deals right now anyway, and having all this coal sucks because (1) I don't want to craft it away for fear of getting another sucky coupon, and (2) even if I save it all, there's almost zero chance of winning anything in the drawing.

My feelings as well. Having the time limit on the coupons doesn't help either. Unless their thinking was that you would use them if you missed one of the deals.

stuminus3

NFYmG.png
Hey, this was my MS paint skills!

1201_gabe-newell_485x340.jpg

Artofwar420

Jebus, finally got the Tropico 4 chievo. It's super fun, but I was scared that the game would just end by the year 2000 and I'd have to start over because I had made some serious planning mistakes.

Gladly it let me play after the year 2000 and when I hit 2002 is when I started to finally prosper and that was when I got person 1000... who promptly got shot because he was a rebel.

Edit: Got coal.

Davidion

Any opinions on Payday now that more people own it? It sounds like it could be a neat game, but then again I felt the same way about The Club...

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

Well, that's your fault, isn't it?

PaulLFC

GreenManGaming are selling LOTR: War in the North for £8 / $12.31 / €9.51

Use the voucher code WARIN-SNOWY-NORTH at the checkout. Valid until 3pm tomorrow GMT (23 and a half hours from now).

Link

naib

I'm looking for some Payday impressions as well. Thinking about grabbing it last minute.
The Eurogamer review seems pretty positive and pretty forgiving of the flaws it does have. Browsing the forums I did find out you can't adjust the FOV though.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
can a euro buy this?

Yes. Just use a fake American address. I bought Warband from them.

Edit: But that was a while ago, they might have changed the certification process or something.

Derrick01

Banned

Use the voucher code WARIN-SNOWY-NORTH at the checkout. Valid until 3pm tomorrow GMT (23 and a half hours from now).

Link

holy shit that game dropped fast :lol

I'm actually thinking about getting it, I doubt it'll go that low on Steam. As far as I know it's not even on sale at all right now on Steam.

Nightz

You guys think Saints Row the Third will go cheaper than $30? Been dying to get this but I've been waiting for the lowest price possible. If it doesn't go any lower, I'll just get it from GMG now.

Volcynika

I own a lot of the games, but it's still a great sale. Been doing some gifting and surprising friends.

And it's two weeks long, it's not like it's a surprise to see games in previous sales.

Saroyan

I played Bunch of Heroes yesterday, first a little solo and then with 2 friends. I can honestly say that it's a strong contender for the worst game I've played all year. The controls are bad, the aiming is off, the weapons aren't well designed and just feel off, the goals within the missions don't make any sense and almost seem random, etc. I sure am glad I only paid $7.50 for a 4 pack.

I have to agree, I was hoping it would be an awesome top-down twin stick shooter ala smash TV, but its really bad. Sluggish controls and the aiming feels off. I played with a 360 pad, didn't try KB/M.

ShaneB

Every game is on sale. Do you want them to put nonexistent games on sale?

Not every game :( Why isn't Puzzle Quest 2 on sale?!?!?! *cries*

Also, if you own every game that's on sale, you've obviously hit a saturation point. I've come to realize these sales are for getting more people to join Steam.

Salacious Crumb

Link

"Easily the most disappointing game of the year. The visuals and the graphics are exellents but the sound and the voices of the caracters are horribles (weak acting) and all the game (90%) is based on combat and it looks like an MMO, repetitive. The only good thing is the Coop mode. I recomend the game for the last thing."

"I am so sad. This game really suck's, its only port from ps 3 or xbox360. The graphics are really poor. and control is really weird. But if u have someone who play with u coop u can buy this game its always fun play with friend. :)"

IGN could learn a thing or two from these guys.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Outside of Batman I wasn't that impressed with yesterday's sales. Here's to hoping I get games I'm personally more interested in today! :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
$9 = £8.98 apparently. Gamersgate could learn a thing or two from GMG about proper regional pricing.

Yeah, €11.98.

Which is still a sweet price, but I think I wont buy anything over €5 for this sale. Adds up too easily.

Exile550

With the discount % they have since the beginning of the sale, I doubt Deus Ex will be cheaper in steam's holiday sale, so if anyone wants the game, they should buy it from GG.

forrest

formerly nacire
So I picked up Arkham City but skipped the DLC. Can anyone attest to the DLC's quality and if it really adds much value. Last question, is Catwoman included in the main game as a playable character? I didn't see a DLC package with her in it, just Nightwing, Robin and some Batman skins.

scy

I know how you feel. I have a 25% Valve coupon and nine lumps of coal. I'm expecting to get even more coal today...

See, I read this and I wonder if I'm just thinking wrong for being happy to get Coal and sad when I see shitty coupons.

Derrick01

Banned
So I picked up Arkham City but skipped the DLC. Can anyone attest to the DLC's quality and if it really adds much value. Last question, is Catwoman included in the main game as a playable character? I didn't see a DLC package with her in it, just Nightwing, Robin and some Batman skins.

Catwoman's included with the main game but she's only playable in the few segments of the main story that use her. It's a shame because she's more fun in combat than Batman.

I bought the nightwing and robin dlc yesterday but I think a system restore I did screwed with how they work in my game because I tried to play it last night and they weren't in my game. They're listed under the DLC tab in steam though, so I'm in the process of redownloading the whole game. They're supposedly really fun in combat but I think they're only playable in the challenge rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom