• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfkas

You can do that swords and soldiers achievement against any random. You'll probably lose the round, but that doesn't matter. On an aside, I've been playing Payday and performance difficulties aside, it's a great little game. Probably helped that I was with a few experienced players and we were playing on easy but it's something I can see me sinking a few hours into.

anddo0

EYE is fairly decent but it's quite overwhelming at first. I mean the game has over 20 tutorial videos explaining to you how to play the game. You have a lot of customization options and their impact area real, you're not simply dumping points in random stats or spending money on random technologies. The game also offers alternate methods to do missions which is a good point to me.

You do need to play the game a lot to understand all the mechanics and systems properly as it's pretty much required to enjoy the game.

Speaking of EYE. I really need to play that game...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
In the ways that Deus Ex has "blockbuster game bullshit," EYE has some of the most extreme examples of former-Soviet block eurojank I've ever encountered.
Ugh, I can't stand jank. Thanks for the warning.
How could they fuck up using Source? Wow.

kswiston

EYE is fairly decent but it's quite overwhelming at first. I mean the game has over 20 tutorial videos explaining to you how to play the game. You have a lot of customization options and their impact area real, you're not simply dumping points in random stats or spending money on random technologies. The game also offers alternate methods to do missions which is a good point to me.

You do need to play the game a lot to understand all the mechanics and systems properly as it's pretty much required to enjoy the game.

In defense of DE:HR, the character upgrade/progression system is really well done. Most of the time, when you spend a praxis point on an upgrade, you notice the difference. Some of the leg mods (super jump, no fall damage) really change the feel of the game.

Ionic

Does anybody know how well Arkham City runs in DX9 mode on high settings on a 5870 at 1920x1200? All the benchmarks I can find are running it in DX11 and clearly my card doesn't cut it for that.

I've been waiting to see if EYE will be a daily, if not i'll just buy it anyway. I get off on eastern european brokeness so it sounds good to me!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ugh, I can't stand jank. Thanks for the warning.
How could they fuck up using Source? Wow.

Well, when I say "jank," I mean it beyond simple performance problems. There are just some baffling design choices that would be weird and outdated in a game released in 1999, let alone now. And the interface and presentation can be infuriatingly convoluted.

It runs fine, however. And I do recommend it because it is interesting (and I have a soft spot for these Eastern European games). But don't buy it if you're looking for the "anti-Deus Ex" or something.

Turfster

Does anybody know how well Arkham City runs in DX9 mode on high settings on a 5870 at 1920x1200? All the benchmarks I can find are running it in DX11 and clearly my card doesn't cut it for that.

I run it at that res with pretty much everything on (except physx) on a 5800 series card and I get 55 fps average in DX11...

Ionic

I run it at that res with pretty much everything on (except physx) on a 5800 series card and I get 55 fps average in DX11...

I guess the benchmarks I was looking at had DX11 specific settings cranked up to crippling levels. Alright, time to buy.

coopolon

I get very good performance in DX9 mode on a 5870. I don't run FRAPS anymore, but pretty consistently in the 50s with everything turned up except AO. Do get occasional stutter when flying around the city though.

Davedough

How is it that people are getting gifts from joining that official group and I dont get jack? Not even a lump of coal? Gabe hates me.

I got 1 coal for checking my inventory, and two crap coupons for achievies... thats it.

Thank you

I recall reading about some steam exclusive content, freeman as a playable character or something like this. Would that be available if I buy it from Amazon?

Game includes all DLC but not sure about Gordon Freeman. Users that activated from other sites when the game launched said that Freeman was included despite it being a "Steam exclusive".

morningbus

Just noticed that Sanctum is only $2.50 right now. How is it?

Good, but my friends and I lost interest after only a few hours. A Gaffer might be able to hook you up with a free copy, as it was part of an Indie Royale bundle a few weeks back.

Good, but my friends and I lost interest after only a few hours. A Gaffer might be able to hook you up with a free copy, as it was part of an Indie Royale bundle a few weeks back.

Yeah I quickly lost interest also. Only played about an hour.

If you have a backlog, just work on that; I wouldn't get the game unless you are really really into TD games.

morningbus

For my money, the best Tower Defense/First Person Shooter mashup is Iron Grip. Make sure you snag it if it goes up on a daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom