• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

Orcs Must Die is pretty fun I have to say from playing the first level, although given the leaderboards, I really suck at it haha.

Oh it's a great game. The DLC for it's pretty damn cool too. Without a doubt it was one of my surprise hits this year.

Derrick01

Banned
This bunch of heroes achievement is tougher than it looked. I'm getting my ass kicked on easy by wave 5 alone, not fun at all.

Tenck

This bunch of heroes achievement is tougher than it looked. I'm getting my ass kicked on easy by wave 5 alone, not fun at all.

Upgrade your Augmentations!

On a serious note, I'm about to jump right into the game, and you're not helping my nervousness :/

thefil

I love being at Steam sale saturation. I no longer have dozens of things to by each day of every sale - $0 for me today!

Dambrosi

Banned
Wireless?

It didn't detect my pad at all and in the Options under controls I just see the static KBM layout image, no actual options.

You're rockin' wireless? You do know the X360 pad API is only meant for wired pads, right? :p

Sorry man, looks like you'll have to invest in a USB controller and XPadder.

mrgone

Ehhh. You can't change the key bindings in Orcs must die? That sucks. My Steam client is in French so now the game is in French but it thinks I have an Azerty keyboard while I have a Qwerty one. Time to explain to Gabe what Canada is.

You can change all of that in a text file, watch this space and I'll find a link for ya :)

edit: http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2199997

edit to the edit: I didn't see these commands listed in the post, but they seem relevant here:

//KeyboardLayout="AZERTY"
//KeyboardLayout=”QWERTY”
//KeyboardLayout=”QWERTZ”

Also, if you want to force a specific framerate:
//forceFPS=X

Wireless?

It didn't detect my pad at all and in the Options under controls I just see the static KBM layout image, no actual options.
Is it that the wireless 360 pad drivers don't use standard xinput or something? I don't understand all the weird issues with the wireless vs wired pads. Microsoft fucked something up really badly, there, and don't seem to care to fix it

derFeef

You're rockin' wireless? You do know the X360 pad API is only meant for wired pads, right? :p

Sorry man, looks like you'll have to invest in a USB controller and XPadder.

My wireless has worked for every game that has 360 pad support. Why wouldn't it? I will try in a sec with OMD.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Can the daily deals be written out in the OP please? The image doesn't help me any more than Steam's 503ing does.

Edit: Oh they're there now. Thank you.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
So, how are people managing to buy games? I want to get Orcs Must Die with the DLC and Realm of the Diggle Gods but I keep hitting server errors or my cart gets emptied. Are people using the web store instead?

Nothing for me today, MAYBE JC2 later on but I told myself that unless I really wanted a game I'm not going to jump on it so I'll hold on it.
I was thinking of Singularity too, since that's been on my want list for a while now, but being poor right when Steam Wallet Rape starts sucks.

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
That actually surprised the hell out of me. I synced my 360 controller to my PC and got ready to play... and it didn't pick up... and then when I went into Control Options, I realized it's KBM only and without any customizing of the keybinds. Totally mental, especially considering it came out on 360.
I normally play KBM, but I just popped in my 360 wired controller and it picked it up and worked immediately.

BTW what is the holiday achievement for Orcs Must Die? Steams all crapped out for me so I can't check.

Durante

Gundemonium Recollection
• Polaris
Keep the holiday spirit alive.
SOLUTION: Leave Noel Blanc (French for White Christmas) alive on area 3A. Easiest in practice mode.
There's a copy/paste error here. Noel is actually a mid-boss in the first level in Gundemonium Recollection.

Great OP btw.

Deadstar

Is it possible that the steam servers crash so hard that Gabe takes down the sale and starts again next year? Maybe a few million people can log out so I can check out the sales and stop getting errors.

DSmalls84

Gonna be Orcs must Die and Fable TLC for me today.

I see the Oddbox is also 75% off. Did the hd update ever come out for Strangers Wrath? Also is Orcs DLC worth it?

ElRenoRaven

I normally play KBM, but I just popped in my 360 wired controller and it picked it up and worked immediately.

BTW what is the holiday achievement for Orcs Must Die? Steams all crapped out for me so I can't check.

Complete the level The Hallway using only weapon, magic, and arrow traps.

Derrick01

Banned
Upgrade your Augmentations!

On a serious note, I'm about to jump right into the game, and you're not helping my nervousness :/

I mean it seems to be a decent twin stick shooter but from what I can tell there's no way to heal at all since the level for the achievement is in survival mode. By waves 4 and 5 it already starts getting hard and you need to do 20. I don't think this can be done alone.

TGMIII

Tried to buy edge, payment went through on paypal but game isn't on steam. Think I'm going to stop trying to buy games for the next few hours.

lordy88

Games that I'm looking to buy:

Might And Magic: Heroes VI
Might And Magic: Clash Of Heroes
Rage
Batman: Arkham City
Dead Island (Blast! I missed it at $10)
Civ V
Serious Sam HD Collection (and the 3rd)
Bastion
Hard Reset

Don't let me down steam....

rbenchley

I'm really tempted by Fable III for $12.49. Does anyone have anything good to say about it? I know that a lot of GAF hates it, but I really liked the Lost Chapters and the cheap price is attractive.

Orcs must Die is pretty weird with controllers.

I had to restart my game a few times and then it finally started picking up my wireless 360 controller.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Picking up:

Fable TLC
The Next Big Thing
Sam & Max
Singularity

very sad that I missed $9 Dead Island :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really tempted by Fable III for $12.49. Does anyone have anything good to say about it? I know that a lot of GAF hates it, but I really liked the Lost Chapters and the cheap price is attractive.

I really like the atmosphere of the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom