• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artofwar420

Wow, SkyDrift really looks like Blur with planes. Are they both completely dead online? Blur's beta on the 360 was a ton of fun, depressing how that turned out.

If we all get SkyDrift, it shouldn't be. We play the shit out of that game, it seems really awesome arcadey fun.

marrec

Banned
I'm sorry, what?

You can dislike Binding of Isaac. I find this perfectly acceptable. But DEFCON is fucking awesome and you will die if you say another word to the contrary SO DON'T EVEN BOTHER RESPONDING heretic.

I just want to say that Binding of Isaac is my GOTY and people who dislike it aren't people at all.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Played Rise of Immortals - horrible game. First game was silly, got no assists. Second game I jumped into a 5v5 match and some nice dudes stayed until everyone on the team got the achievement.

Couldn't uninstall it fast enough afterwards.

Neiteio

Guys, I bought Sonic Generations the other day at Amazon for $15, and it doesn't have PC controls! So, I'm thinking about buying a 360 controller. How do they work with PCs? I have a PS3 and Dualshocks but don't want to go through all the trouble to get JoyinMotion working. Is a 360 controller just plug and play? Do I just put in a USB adapter and use it like a wireless mouse? Do I need to get a certain type of 360 controller? Please help. :-\

Guys, I bought Sonic Generations the other day at Amazon for $15, and it doesn't have PC controls! So, I'm thinking about buying a 360 controller. How do they work with PCs? I have a PS3 and Dualshocks but don't want to go through all the trouble to get JoyinMotion working. Is a 360 controller just plug and play? Do I just put in a USB adapter and use it like a wireless mouse? Do I need to get a certain type of 360 controller? Please help. :-\
No PC controls? That's weird.

Anyway, get a wired 360 controller. A must.

I'd recommend wired. You plug it in, install something (I think), and you're good to go.
If you have Win7 it will install the driver automatically. If not, a quick Google search will lead you to the right place.

Volcynika

I'd recommend wired. You plug it in, install something (I think), and you're good to go.

Fitz

I was just looking at my Library and wondering why DEFCON wasn't dropping from the top of my order-by-last-played list and realised it has the last played date as tomorrow. :lol I freaked out before I remembered I had changed my system time for the achievement.

chixdiggit

No PC controls? That's weird.

Anyway, get a wired 360 controller. A must.

If you have Win7 it will install the driver automatically. If not, a quick Google search will lead you to the right place.

360 wireless adapter works great if you PC on the couch.

Holy Cow, The Polynomial achievements I got earlier this week became a daily objectives. So because it's unlock, I check my reward. Hard Reset. YES Steam just offered me a game !

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Holy Cow, The Polynomial achievements I got earlier this week became a daily objectives. So because it's unlock, I check my reward. Hard Reset. YES Steam just offered me a game !

Just played it a few minutes ago. I thought I needed to think about whether to buy it, until I realized that I already own it. 50% off Droplitz. Yay.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lucky, Hard Reset looks great (from the demo at least). I attempted that ROI achievement, never again. lol

62H8

Nabs

Spend a few minutes and install MotionJoy and set it to emulate a 360 pad. Btw, the game has keyboard controls. I wouldn't recommend playing that way, but it is possible.

Should I keep waiting for Valve games as daily deals? I'm getting anxious lol. They are cheap right now but I know they have been cheaper in the past.

Tambini

Sonic Generations definitley does have PC controls..

WSAD to move. Up down left right act as the face buttons.

Of course its not very comfortable so I used a gamepad anyway, but it does have PC controls

Zeeman

Should I keep waiting for Valve games as daily deals? I'm getting anxious lol. They are cheap right now but I know they have been cheaper in the past.

You should always wait. Otherwise, it'll go on sale, and you'll be like "Aww, I just bought this yesterday" and the thread will be like "FIRST RULE OF STEAM SALES"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom