• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

hopefully it comes out before this sale ends.

oh yeah "Uninstalls Toki Tori Forever "

Welcome to the club. Did this after the summer scavenger hunt. Game can't even make it into my "Scavenger Hunts Only" category. And I've got some games I really dislike stuffed in there.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Hmm, just bought E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy for £1.24. I think that may be a pricing error as the 4 pack is actually more expensive per unit. Still, not complaining one bit, heh.

Going to go for the DEFCON achievement tomorrow, as well as the PAM one as I own those games. Probably will get more coal, but hey.

dani_dc

Think I'll bite on Blur today, supposed to be a solid arcade racer right?

And uh, Railworks for 90% off tomorrow?
I'm actually tempted to get that.

The Defence Grid developers seem to struggle with the term "achievement" btw. 1½ hours playtime on one map in one of all the game modes = 26 achievements.

To be fair, the acheivements were done and thought for when you progress during the game via story mode, I don't think this particular mode existed before.

LukeT

Neo Member
Yup, I'm in the UK and I did it. Just change your shipping address to a US Addy.

So I did this earlier and it rejected the transaction and I had the fraud squad on the phone within like 5 minutes asking if my card had been stolen haha. Anyone in the US fancy sending me the code and I'll paypal the cash?

Artofwar420

I can see not liking Bunch of Heroes, because it is a terrible game, but Toki Tori? ;_;

I know! All these treasure hunts have made me actually kinda like Toki Tori. How can you say no to this face?

47fe552d4b112_featured_without_text_tokitoritop.jpg

Petrie

Banned
So I did this earlier and it rejected the transaction and I had the fraud squad on the phone within like 5 minutes asking if my card had been stolen haha. Anyone in the US fancy sending me the code and I'll paypal the cash?
Shoot me a pm and I can arrange that.

Nabs

I can see not liking Bunch of Heroes, because it is a terrible game, but Toki Tori? ;_;

I wish people would just play Toki Tori normally :(

Damn these achievements.

And fuck Bunch of Heroes. That stupid game had me rolling around the map for 6 minutes while I waited for my co-op partners to respawn.

Artofwar420

I wish people would just play Toki Tori normally :(

Damn these achievements.

And fuck Bunch of Heroes. That stupid game had me rolling around the map for 6 minutes while I waited for my co-op partners to respawn.

So glad I didn't cave in and get that game just for the achievement.

fin

Anyone own Polynomial? Looks like it's a cool game. I'm going to try the demo but was wondering if anyone had anything good to say about the entire game.

I got it. Haven't played it too much. It's kinda a slower 3d Geometry Wars. But the visuals are really awesome. I image it would be alot better in 3D and on mushrooms.

1-D_FTW

/\/\/\/\/\/\

The visuals are what suck everyone in. Thankfully they tend to do really easy scavenger achievements. So there's some redemption to be had from it. Like, I got a piece of coal from it. Joy.

Maybe we'll be able to craft a TF2 hat out of all of these worthless coupons. I'm going to call mine the Disappointing Discount Dome

That's be pretty cool. A hat made out of glued together coupons.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Rise of Immortals is fucking terrible. Fuck you, Valve for making me playing that garbage when I could have been playing your MOBA instead.

I got a 50% off Alien Breed 3 coupon for my efforts too. So salty. :mad:

Nelo Ice

Banned
Rise of Immortals is fucking terrible. Fuck you, Valve for making me playing that garbage when I could have been playing your MOBA instead.

I got a 50% off Alien Breed 3 coupon for my efforts too. So salty. :mad:

Yeah I don't even kno if it's worth the pain to even get the achievement it's not even remotely fun.

Digishine

Banned
It was pretty fucking bad, yeah.

I don't think I've heard of this happening. Does the game have a DRM code or something? Is that what was used? Either way, sucks to hear, man. Steam support isn't the fastest, I've heard. Prepare to wait a day or two.

Last time I had to wait 7 days before I had a Response. And it's the DRM + GFWL they both say It already been used.. sucks :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mouse over the bird on the main menu a bunch of times to unlock zombie mode, available on all of the existing levels. It switches the ballistas to zombie spawners that continually spawn zombies that follow you wherever you go. It's a fun twist on the basic gameplay.

What the fuck, thanks dude. How random!

So People, How is the Blur community on PC? I am thinking about picking it up for some racing fun, but I don't wanna buy an MP game with a dead community

Card Boy

Banned
I'm surprised the download system is fast during these sales. I remember during the last Xmas sale i couldn't download no faster than 50kb/s for like 3 weeks. It seems to be going at regular speeds.

This is how a skin is supposed to look:

ix5tbsx0.1cw.png

(Note: Work in progress :/)

I can heartily recommend TDD's Enhanced Steam or Aquatic Night until that one is finished, though.

Artofwar420

I'm surprised the download system is fast during these sales. I remember during the last Xmas sale i couldn't download no faster than 50kb/s for like 3 weeks. It seems to be going at regular speeds.

I almost forgot I had a cap for a second. Comcast is gonna hate me by the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom