• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Shintoki's Guide to Rise of the Immortals.

-Play a match of PvE. 3 Players vs 3 NPC, and they are shit stupid. I got 30 my first game, playing a damn melee character I didn't even know had a dash till 20 minutes in.

Vamphuntr

This Game is fucked up. Rise Of Immortals.

Spend about 25min only got 1 assist wtf

I did it in about 1h30. Join a 3 Vs E game then you have to play for real and not only for the cheevo. If you only try to leech assists then you won't level up enough and your team will lose the game.

To get an assist you have to attack an enemy hero then your team must quickly finish him. If you get the finishing strike you get nothing.

Game is terrible though.

cicero

Should people wait for deals even on the $5 and under games? I want Polynomial and Terrari and I'm wondering if I should wait a bit.

Oh, and for the Defcon achievement 1 coal =/
I would skip Polynomial, achievement or not. I did not like it at ALL.

unsure if like this coupon.

50% trainz Simulator 12

Can't use it until January 2nd which is after steam sale.

it's 50% off now... lol.

coupon is good for January 2nd to march 1. we'll see if it's useless or not.

Randomizer

You only need to input a US address on checkout, it doesn't matter if you pay with an international card

Is this safe to do, no steam bans or problems with Amazon?

I am wondering as I'm buying it for someone as a gift and wouldn't want their account being banned on Steam because of me.

Bebpo

Banned
Is it just me or does it seem like when you start to get coal, you keep getting coal until you hit 7? So far I've gotten a bunch of coupons in a row and then I get 1 coal and then I keep getting coal :(

kswiston

It'll be at least 75%, probably will end up being the same.

There have been plenty of dailies that failed to match up to previous (and even recent) daily deals. 75% is the maximum we will see it discounted, and while it could very well be 75% off, it is not guaranteed.

EDIT: The fact that Bastion has a Holiday achievement, and is currently only 33% off, makes it almost guaranteed to be a daily though.

Vamphuntr

Is it just me or does it seem like when you start to get coal, you keep getting coal until you hit 7? So far I've gotten a bunch of coupons in a row and then I get 1 coal and then I keep getting coal :(

Yeah it did this for me too.

I got coupon, coupon, coal x 7 then coupon.

I only got 4 gifts so far. I got a 25% Valve coupon, then two coal, then a game (Gemini Rue)

Takuan

Snagged Blur, Brink, Limbo, and Divinity 2. Total damage so far is under $40 for 6 good-to-great games. I'm off work for the rest of the year, so I'll get to gorge on gaming for a good amount of time. I'm ready.

inky

Is this safe to do, no steam bans or problems with Amazon?

I am wondering as I'm buying it for someone as a gift and wouldn't want their account being banned on Steam because of me.

Not problems that I know of. If it helps I bought Deus Ex back in August and I haven't been banned or anything. I've also bought around 7 steam games on Amazon.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

Not me. I got two lumps of coal and then some really useless coupons.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Heh, during the Steam Summer sale I made a category just for stuff I bought during the summer sale. I did this to remind myself how few of the games I buy that I actually play. When I finish a game, I move it from whatever category it is in to the "Finished" category, so this is just stuff I haven't finished...

This is just from recent indie bundles, the Summer Sale, the Fall Sale, and the Holiday sale:
uu2yS.png

The Maw, Dead Space 1, Fable 1, and Axel & Pixel I actually finished on Xbox, so I'm not concerned about them, but all the rest :/

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly people are simply shunning the F2P games as bad simply because they want to get the achievement as quickly as possible. I mean seriously, I even see people saying that "Spiral Knights is horrible because I can't pick up snow!"

This is different from actually being a bad game (Bunch of Heroes).

Anyway, anyone wanna RoI for the achievement?

scitek

Beyond Good & Evil hasn't been a daily deal yet, right? And a question for those who own it, does it support proper widescreen, or is there a hack to fix that? I use a TV and can't crop black bars or even really get a game running in 4:3 unless it's SD.

kswiston

Heh, during the Steam Summer sale I made a category just for stuff I bought during the summer sale. I did this to remind myself how few of the games I buy that I actually play. When I finish a game, I move it from whatever category it is in to the "Finished" category, so this is just stuff I haven't finished...

This is just from recent indie bundles, the Summer Sale, the Fall Sale, and the Holiday sale:

The Maw, Dead Space 1, Fable 1, and Axel & Pixel I actually finished on Xbox, so I'm not concerned about them, but all the rest :/

At least your Steam total is growing :p

I have been getting better at restraining myself during the past few sales. I think I am up to $12 so far this sale. The most expensive game I have purchased so far was Costume Quest for less than $4. I am done buying fairly recent titles for $10-25 and seeing them in subsequent sales for $2-5 before I have even had the chance to play them.

The indie bundles are killer though...

trimon

Should I get Deus Ex: HR From Amazon for $10 or wait to see if Steam has a better deal soon? Also hoping for Sims 3 on the featured daily sale

mannerbot

Should I get Deus Ex: HR From Amazon for $10 or wait to see if Steam has a better deal soon? Also hoping for Sims 3 on the featured daily sale

Don't really think Deus Ex: HR is going to be cheaper than $10, considering it still carries a regular price of $49.99 on Steam.

graywolf323

Honestly people are simply shunning the F2P games as bad simply because they want to get the achievement as quickly as possible. I mean seriously, I even see people saying that "Spiral Knights is horrible because I can't pick up snow!"

Anyway, anyone wanna RoI for the achievement?

have you added me yet? I'm up for it

Spiral Knights is kind of terrible though. I gave the game a chance and played through several dungeons so I could earn some crowns and get the TF2 hat before doing the holiday achievement. Lockdown multiplayer was more fun than the main game. Uninstalled as soon as I was finished and I don't think I ever want to play that game again.

For comparison, Rusty Hearts and Vindictus are both F2P MMOs that I thought were well done and fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom