• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
I got it. Haven't played it too much. It's kinda a slower 3d Geometry Wars. But the visuals are really awesome. I image it would be alot better in 3D and on mushrooms.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to go for it. :p Music and a visualizer/game like that looks so good. Audiosurfer isn't anywhere near as pretty.

And, after like half an hour to 40 minutes of Rise of the Immortals torture my prize for that is 1 lump of coal... Can't believe anyone actually enjoys that... That or Spiral Knights.

1-D_FTW

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to go for it. :p Music and a visualizer/game like that looks so good. Audiosurfer isn't anywhere near as pretty.

And, after like half a hour to 40 minutes of Rise of the Immortals torture my prize for that is 1 lump of coal... Can't believe anyone actually enjoys that... That or Spiral Knights.

Careful, many would say the same thing about Polynomial.

Although, if all you want is something to chill to, maybe you'll like it. I'm like most, though, and have no idea what the heck I'm doing in it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If we are talking about shitty games, Binding of Issac is right up there with the worst.

Throw it in with Rise of the Immortals and Defcon

33% OFF Focus Home Interactive

i-know-that-feel.jpg

:(

Artofwar420

And, after like half an hour to 40 minutes of Rise of the Immortals torture my prize for that is 1 lump of coal... Can't believe anyone actually enjoys that... That or Spiral Knights.

Granted Spiral Knights is not totally offensive unlike some of the other FTP entries. It's okay, just kinda have it there for the achievement hunts. From what everyone was saying I didn't even try the other FTP ones though and I thank you for the saved time and bandwidth.

If we are talking about shitty games, Binding of Issac is right up there with the worst.

Throw it in with Rise of the Immortals and Defcon

I'm sorry, what?

You can dislike Binding of Isaac. I find this perfectly acceptable. But DEFCON is fucking awesome and you will die if you say another word to the contrary SO DON'T EVEN BOTHER RESPONDING heretic.

JAGII

Neo Member
I'm sorry, what?

You can dislike Binding of Isaac. I find this perfectly acceptable. But DEFCON is fucking awesome and you will die if you say another word to the contrary SO DON'T EVEN BOTHER RESPONDING heretic.

DEFCON seems like a cool game, and I fire it up every couple of months to give it a shot, but I just can't get into it. What about it works for you?

wilflare

thank you Marsi :(
I prayed before I clicked
Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Skyrim
Dota 2 Hardware Survey

did not come to pass :(

14 Coals crafted - two coupons
Dead Island 25% OFF
Focus Home Interactive 33% OFF

meaning of coupon gifts from Valve
you're better off Dead somewhere on an Island
you should stop playing games and Focus on your own Home and Interact with your family members.

Train sim? F yea! So excited for tomorrow now. Just need farm sim and sims 3 and i'll be simmed out. Oh and a rando flight sim to use my new flight stick on.

I love you more and more everyday toggles.

I wonder when developers will learn that giving a game a hard or time consuming achievement, for the steam sales, will not help them at all as when ask for a recommendation for the game in the future it will come from the people who only played to get that achievement and hated it.

I went through all that and had ZERO assists at the end? How is that possible? I really hate this game....I'm getting no enjoyment out of this at all.

Derrick01

Banned
IZ3rF.jpg

Oh wow.

So I can buy it now for $2.50 or wait until Jan. 2nd to pay $5.
Hmm..

Yeah valve really fucked up not letting us use these during the sale. There's no motivation to use these after since just about every game has a better or at least equal sale going on now.

DEFCON seems like a cool game, and I fire it up every couple of months to give it a shot, but I just can't get into it. What about it works for you?

To be perfectly honest, a lot of it is the atmosphere. Or, rather, the complete lack of it. It's a very cold, calculated game about destroying the human population.

It's also relatively simple and unique as far as multiplayer strategy games (that I have played) go.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah valve really fucked up not letting us use these during the sale. There's no motivation to use these after since just about every game has a better or at least equal sale going on now.

You know... they could like give you nothing and you could just be happy getting the current sales.
I'm sorry, what?

I just did. Its Nukem, but not cool.

Derrick01

Banned
You know... they could like give you nothing and you could just be happy getting the current sales.

They basically are doing that right now. I don't know what I'm going to do with a 50% off vice city, frozen synapse and valve coupon when I have all that already.

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
This is hardly worth a post but I found it amusing.

RAGE-1.jpg

So guys, RAGE worth $289.76 AUD?

Also! Wilflare is a bro and a gentleman. Thanks for the help man. :p

mrgone

Wow, SkyDrift really looks like Blur with planes. Are they both completely dead online? Blur's beta on the 360 was a ton of fun, depressing how that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom