• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDSLKTR

EYE went back up to the regular 5$? Are those unadvertised daily's mistakes or made on purpose to grab them while you can?

Fou-Lu

So Divinity 2 and Skydrift, still haven't bought them, haven't seen much in opinions on them in this thread. What do gaffers think?

linko9

Any recommendations on Divinity II or Silent Hill Homecoming? Divinity anything like Demon's/Dark Souls? Never played a SH game before.

strem

Suffered through the rise of immortal achievement...another hunk of coal. I think everyone who did that achievement should get every game on steam

mrgone

Rage was a daily yesterday

I'm not so sure it was. They pulled the price pretty fast and it's still at the price they changed it to now. I have the feeling it was an accident and it'll be a daily later on in the sale.

Oops. My Amiga nostalgia triumphs over common-sense once again.
They're not that bad. Alien Swarm's more fun, but after playing a bit of the 2nd game I'll probably grab the 1st and 3rd.

I just wish they'd do something with Alien Swarm! Take my money Valve!

Fou-Lu

I'm hoping for Dragon Age Origins as a daily. My brother absolutely loved that game (he basically marathoned it) and we have similar tastes, so I expect to enjoy it a lot.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ok, think I'm going to wait on Divinity II till it hits the $5-$7.50 range and yes I kno its $8 on Amazon but for some strange reason I want the steam armor.

Is Limbo worth $2.50 and is Bastion worth $10? Please give your honest opinions and not just a YES, DO IT answer. I don't want these things to get backlogged.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Is Limbo worth $2.50 and is Bastion worth $10? Please give your honest opinions and not just a YES, DO IT answer. I don't want these things to get backlogged.

Limbo, yes short enough and enjoyable game that shouldnt be backlogged and same with bastion.

Also for Bastion,
NFYmG.png

Fou-Lu

Both are amazing games and two of my favorite games I played this year. Both have incredible atmospheres. Neither is very long, especially Limbo, but both are very enjoyable and well worth the money.

for $2.50 limbo is worth it. it's a quick game but it's really a trial and error game. if you liked stuff like Another World then you'll like this game. the graphics are really cool and you don't have a lot to lose for $2.50.

bastion i bought on 360 and i liked it but i don't know if i would pay $10 for it. i think it's worth $5. there are a lot of cool ideas and weapons but i just got tired of the game after about an hour or two. i did beat the game but it gets repetitive

Bastion is a great game has a perfect mix of visuals gameplay and music but personally i wouldn't pay 10 bucks for it it'll go on sale trust me

Platy

My personal achivements so far, only missing the real hard ones :

Done :
And Yet It Moves
Atom Zombie Smasher
Cave Story
(yeah .. i'm not proud of that either =P)
Bastion
Bit Trip Runner - Braid
Bit Trip Runner - Amnesia
Sanctum
Sequence
Jamestown
TF2
Super Meat Boy - 1 level
Revenge of the Titans - 1st ultrayeti
Steam - inventory
Steam - guard
Steam - trade
Steam - recomend
Steam - wishlist
Steam - community

To do :
Binding of Isaac
Bit Trip Runner - Trine
Super Meat Boy - All levels without dying
Revenge of the titans - 2nd ultrayeti
Revenge of the titans - 3rd ultrayeti
Revenge of the titans - 4rth ultrayeti
Revenge of the titans - 5th ultrayeti
Steam - facebook

wilflare

for some strange reason, things don't tally.

19 achievements
14 coals
05 coupons
01 holiday gift - orange box

anyone else having this "issue?"

more than one prize for achievements?

Baha

19 achievements
14 coals
05 coupons

The 1st steam achievement (inventory) gives 2 gifts, one being a valve coupon.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

19 achievements
14 coals
05 coupons

You got one in your inventory by default. Checking your inventory for the first time unlocked an achievement, which gave you another one. So that first achievement was basically worth 2.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

19 achievements
14 coals
05 coupons

Checking your inventory gave you two. Or you get one for nothing but when you check your inventory you get another.

If a prize appears in your inventory and nobody is there to see it...

wilflare

The 1st steam achievement (inventory) gives 2 gifts, one being a valve coupon.

You got one in your inventory by default. Checking your inventory for the first time unlocked an achievement, which gave you another one. So that first achievement was basically worth 2.

Checking your inventory gave you two.

thanks all :D makes sense now.
maybe valve wanted me to win with all those coals...

shouldn't have crafted them lolol

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
So I think I screwed up something with Toki Tori. I went to load up the save game and it hangs while trying to start up. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling but that didn't fix it. What should I be doing?

Dingotech

I bought a copy of the E.Y.E four pack and I've got two copies left if anybody is interested.

Only really looking to get back my money, so around $1.90US.

EDIT - Both copies gone.

kswiston

Has anyone won a particularly impressive game as a Steam holiday gift yet? I see people winning a lot of Valve titles and indie titles, but nothing really big. Are there new(ish) retail games being won?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom