• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Gonna give the Crimecraft one a try. I'm down to Crimecraft, Binding of Issac(Fuck this shit), and Dungeon Defenders(Don't like this game at all).

I got the cheevos for every other game listed that I own. Humble Indie Bundles + Royal Bundles score you a good chunk of the titles.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So I think I screwed up something with Toki Tori. I went to load up the save game and it hangs while trying to start up. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling but that didn't fix it. What should I be doing?

Wait more or so 10 mins.

I'm serious.

jgminto

I'm hoping that PvZ, Peggle or Worms Reloaded will be in the dailies tomorrow. I need to get my brother a Christmas present.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
What game is this...

KAEUg.jpg

It's unavailable in my region. It's not even clickable.

Speevy

Banned
The amazon product key included both of the new DLCs, and the game is sooo fun. Best buy of the steam sale so far! (if you include games that were not actually part of the steam sale)

That's a nice sale, but no way that runs on my system.

jokkir

Mass Effect on sale is making me want to finally complete the game. I've been meaning to for over a year now...

Also, since this is the busiest PC thread, someone might be able to help me. CCC seems to be missing controls for adaptive AA. Anyone know where it went? And if not, how would I be able to turn it on manually? I have a ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4650 and on 11.12 CCC. It was there in older version prior to 11 IIRC

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know, RoI achievement wouldn't be so hard had the PvE AI champ won't flee whenever it reaches critical health.

Goody

Pulled the trigger on the id Super Pack today. Don't really care too much about Quake 4 or Rage, so I didn't go for the Complete Pack.

After that, I'd probably only be willing to spend 15 or so bucks on this stuff. I really hope Fallout 3 or New Vegas end up being one of the Daily Deals.

So, two people have had invalid keys for Batman: Arkham City in this thread, and just now I learned that a friend had the same thing happen to them with Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. Something up with GFWL?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I've always wondered what are the percentages of getting a coupon, a game, or a coal. Surely they're not all equal!

Davedough

I'm trying to get old achievements. I've got 200 crown, how do I get into snowball land for Spiral Knights? I just want this game to end.

Big spender today, bought Torchlight for $3.74.
Look at Mr. Moneybags here!
nothing for me today ;(

Just crafted 7 coal into….. 25% off Activsion games!

Kotick is pleased with your coupon.
Edit:
I'm trying to get old achievements. I've got 200 crown, how do I get into snowball land for Spiral Knights? I just want this game to end.

Just click the multiplayer icon at the top right of your screen (swords clashing) then look out for Frostbite map. Pick up a snowball and then throw it at an enemy. Voilá!

wilflare

20 achievements unlocked
think i'm about done
missing one for each day of games that i'll probably never play. haha

15 coals.
(14 became 2 coupons @_@)

Dizzy-4U

Anyone wants to do the Dawn of War II: Retribution achievement with me? I'm still playing DOWII vanilla so I will be murdered pretty badly in multiplayer if I want to do this alone.

Basically this is how it's done:
Make a private match with a friend on one of the maps that are eglible (Ice Station Obelis, Selenon Fissure, or Argent Shelf). Gametype Annihilation. Go afk for 30 minutes. Then concede to your friend or just battle each other. The achievement will pop up once the match is done.

Natiko

Banned
I had a question that I thought someone here might be able to answer. Is each game only going to have one gift associated with it that you get by completing all of the holiday achievements? For instance, in BIT.TRIP RUNNER would I have to get all three achievements to receive the gift?

goober

It doesn't look any different from other MOBA games. What makes it worse than HoN, LoL, or DotA?

It's bad. Shit compared to the ones mentioned above. Maybe it's cause of the servers, or how everything worked, but it didn't mesh well.

Fighting was alright, just like any other MOBA.

Was only bearable because I grouped with other gaffers.

Pro Tip: You can get the achievement against bots 3v3. So if you can find others, do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom