• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

I caved in and bought ME2, at 75% off I couldn't resist the urge to play this game again.

I'll just have to buy the DLC later on :lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I caved in and bought ME2, at 75% off I couldn't resist the urge to play this game again.

I'll just have to buy the DLC later on :lol

Where can you buy the dlc? I couldn't find them on steam.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
i'll get it on right away. amazon deals tend to last about ~1 day and it's been up a while.
If it doesn't end by time I get money in the bank today, I think I'll grab that and then Arcanum and Master of Orion 1+2 at GOG and call it a season, unless I get Christmas cash, of course. That will wrap up a perfectly satisfying haul for the sale and still leave some just in case Alice or Sonic go 75% off.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Amazon.com

OK, will buy BG&E now. My backlog is slowly growing.

I know what you mean. So many good 2-5$ games, so little time.

Beyond Good and Evil can't be activated on Steam? Ah well, can't beat 3 bucks.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I would like to know that too. I'm at work without Steam access.

Doesn't look like it. Usually when a game is activatable on steam, there is a CD key they give.

cbRef.png

wutwutwut

I crafted my coal and got a 33% off Valve Complete Pack coupon. That's... actually not bad, considering the chances I'd have got the pack had I kept the coal were much less than 1 in 3!

edit: plus I won't get any more coals from now on, I believe.

JAGII

Neo Member
Probably, but I think it's an awful game, if I can avoid a few levels, I'd rather.

I hate it, too, and it only took me about a half hour.

I've had that game for a little over a year and it never really clicked with me. I thought I just wasn't in the mood for that type of game -- the idea did, and still does, seem intriguing.

But after the achievement hunting forced me to actually sit down and play it, I can definitively say that I hate it, especially the Thief's completely random hookshot -- I can't tell you how many times I'd watch that rope shoot right through some surface -- one that I had just been using -- and plummet to my death. It was like Spider-man's nightmare.

Corky

Anyone know why my steam-downloads are usually "wave-formed" ? They constantly go up and down, from 0 bytes /s to w/e my max may be of that day.

capturevwqsa.png

Dice

Anyone know why my steam-downloads are usually "wave-formed" ? They constantly go up and down, from 0 bytes /s to w/e my max may be of that day.[/IMG]
Because you are surfing the internet.

Corky

You surf on waves. /jokeruined

Oh..oooooh.... awww :( I ruined it.

Anyways, I fixed it. Simply went into download settings and chose another server to download from.

capturefek09.png

Much more stable now.
Shame on you Denmark server, shame! You should learn a thing or two from Sweden.

Every time I have tried to switch the servers around it just seems to make my download speeds worse. Oh well I can live with my measly 600K haha

Corky

Every time I have tried to switch the servers around it just seems to make my download speeds worse. Oh well I can live with my measly 600K haha

Speed doesn't really bother me if the download resume and pausing is seamless and pain-free, which it is with steam, but those up and down speeds are annoying.

So I've bought Deus Ex from amazon, I was expecting a steam code but it's asking me to download some sort of downloader?? :/ I originally bought this to gift, os I don't wanna screw it or something. When exactly do I receive the code?

Chesskid1

Banned
So I've bought Deus Ex from amazon, I was expecting a steam code but it's asking me to download some sort of downloader?? :/ I originally bought this to gift, os I don't wanna screw it or something. When exactly do I receive the code?

click on your digital items top right, then pc games or something.

Dice

Ive been thinking about getting

Mass Effect 2 - Hell yes.
Limbo - Unique game, not everyone will be blown away. You won't feel cheated. You are warned if DoF effects bother you (I personally like things in focus)
Blur - Rubberband AI and soon-to-be-dead-again online, but if you can have racing fun with that, go ahead.

and what about Silent hill and Brink are they worth it?
JrgD5.jpg

TGMIII

Ive been thinking about getting

Mass Effect 2
Limbo
Blur
Thoughts?

and what about Silent hill and Brink are they worth it?

I'd skip limbo, starts off well but the puzzles aren't that interesting and the OMGATMOSPHERE is overrated. It'll also only last around 2 hours or less if you're not stupid.

StuBurns

Banned
I hate it, too, and it only took me about a half hour.

I've had that game for a little over a year and it never really clicked with me. I thought I just wasn't in the mood for that type of game -- the idea did, and still does, seem intriguing.

But after the achievement hunting forced me to actually sit down and play it, I can definitively say that I hate it, especially the Thief's completely random hookshot -- I can't tell you how many times I'd watch that rope shoot right through some surface -- one that I had just been using -- and plummet to my death. It was like Spider-man's nightmare.

Yeah, I've done it now.

It's funny, we all end up hoarding these games, it's nice that Valve actually give us a reason to try them. Unfortunately I've found out I dislike more of my games than I imagined, but I've found some cool stuff I might have never got around to playing too, so it's been a mixed bag.

Unless I buy new games, there's only one game left I need to tackle before two I have that are date specific (AaaaaAAaaa and Costume Quest), Revenge of the Titans, which I'm sure I'll struggle with, ironically I believe it has the most of any single game too.

Is there any chance that a past daily deal will be at the same price again before the end of this sale?

That always happens doesn't it? The last day is a best of sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom