• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epmode

Legally, there has to be an achievement each day where you don't have to buy anything.
I doubt this very much.

What you're thinking of is the way your can mail contest entries directly to Valve. Every contest in America requires this sort of thing.

Valve likes to make free achievements because it allows new customers to participate.

Can anyone else who plays DEFCON confirm the game doesn't exit properly?
For some reason, it stays running in the background if I don't properly kill it.

And that's how I've apparently been playing the game for 18 hours.

Salacious Crumb

Typo, I meant PC or PC + Mac.

Limbo is PC only for now. It should be under All Games tab. It is not. MYSTERY

After a quick bit of googling I can't find anything specific to Limbo, but the same thing has happened with other games. A couple people have reported PC games disappearing from the mac client close to the release of the mac version.

StuBurns

Banned
Really ? First time I ever heard of this. I have 140 games on Steam, exactly half is PC* and the other half is PC + Mac but Limbo is the only one that I bought and that is not showing anywhere.

Edit : *typo

Really, I spoke to Valve about it a few months back. I can't say for Limbo though, I don't have it.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'll just buy it and test.
EDIT: Yep, it's not there on the Mac client, but fine on the Windows one, nothing to worry about.

fokkusu

About the THQ SR3 deal.. is this UK only deal or do you guys see it on other regions? Because it keeps saying to me it's country restricted :(

fokkusu

Yeah 'cause I get this:
my9ty.png

After a quick bit of googling I can't find anything specific to Limbo, but the same thing has happened with other games. A couple people have reported PC games disappearing from the mac client close to the release of the mac version.

Really, I spoke to Valve about it a few months back. I can't say for Limbo though, I don't have it.

That would explain it.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'll just buy it and test.
EDIT: Yep, it's not there on the Mac client, but fine on the Windows one, nothing to worry about.

Well, I guess that's that. The Mac client is a bit buggy then, nothing more.

Thanks guys !

Danj

Just bought this. It gives you 3 CD keys, all of which redeem on Steam. Easy peesy.

Crazy good deal for ~$24.

Excellent, glad to hear it works OK. If there's nothing good in the Steam deals proper tonight, I'll jump all over this.

Binabik15

Yeah 'cause I get this:
my9ty.png
I had the same thing happening when they had it that offer recently.

I heard you can cheat the region lock with Paypal, but I don't havr that.

Anybody want to give me a key in exchange for a 20€ Steam gift (German Steam, though)?

anddo0

I'm in the US.

Is the SR3 deal in pounds or US dollars?

I got as far as checkout and the price is still £14.99. I'm confused because some of you are listing $23. Which is it?

PaulLFC

GMG with the awesome offers again, this time: Saints Row: The Third for $19.99 / £13.29 / €17.49.

Use voucher code FIFTY-SAINT-XMASS. Link

Edit: Expires 26th December at 10am according to GMG's Facebook page.

wilflare

:D some guys are getting really awesome luck with crafting
but i'm gonna keep crafting, faith in SantaGabe, you're gonna give me something good some day :O

Revoh

I bought it last winter for $7, I think. Its good mindless fun but I lost interest when things got really reliant on that grappling hook.... which unfortunately is pretty soon.

Its a blow everything up and keep on Dudebroing your way through the level kinda game. Its carnage at its best, but I found that it lacked a bit of substance. I dont regret my $7 purchase, but I haven't played it more than about 3 or 4 hours. I'll get to it eventually.

Just Cause 2 is basically over the top dudebro action insanity taken to the extreme. But yeah, if you get bored in open games, you might get bored in it too.

It's worth the price tho.

Mmm, I think I'll pass on this. Thanks guys!

allansm

Yeah 'cause I get this:
my9ty.png

I'm from Brazil and if I try to buy the game with my real address it says it's restricted. I just changed my country to United States and selected an American state while keeping the rest of my address the same and I was able to purchase it just fine.

Hypno Funk

Just bit on the SR3 deal:

http://store.thq.com/store/thq/en_GB/pd/Saints-Row-The-Third/productID.233244200

I'm in the UK. Had a quick and simple payment with immediate e-mail of the 3 keys (SR3, Genki Pack, Season Pass), as mentioned earlier in the thread they all activate on Steam.

Just to point out, if you are in the UK and are entering your credit card details there is no UK or England option for country, we are under "Great Britain" - took a while for me to find it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Too bad the Season Pass isn't discounted, for Saint's Row 3.

It comes free if you buy Saints Row 3, so unless if you already have SR3, it's worth it.

Hell, even if you do, but it anyway, gift the main game to a friend, keep the Season pass for yourself, easy!

Just bought it myself. The Season pass actually swayed it for me. looking forward to trying Co-Op next year.

fokkusu

I'm from Brazil and if I try to buy the game with my real address it says it's restricted. I just changed my country to United States and selected an American state while keeping the rest of my address the same and I was able to purchase it just fine.

Ok, thanks! Typed some London address and it worked. Keys activated to the Steam no problem.

lowestdregs

Neo Member
Can anyone else who plays DEFCON confirm the game doesn't exit properly?
For some reason, it stays running in the background if I don't properly kill it.

And that's how I've apparently been playing the game for 18 hours.

Mine exited properly - says 28mins played.

It did however crash multiple times, except when I finally got the achievement before crashing, and exited the game myself.

Chavelo

So pretty much the best thing to do with achievements and coals is to just save them and trade them with the desperate folk on the last days, then. At least this gives me the excuse to play the games I've been meaning to play in a while.

Feels good to have at least three games in the library ready to be downloaded once the new achievements are revealed every day.

/looks at his crappy coupons he crafted

HfsVUl.png

Binabik15

Ok, thanks! Typed some London address and it worked. Keys activated to the Steam no problem.

Paid with Paypal?

If this really works, I might just open a PP account. It says on their site that it's 2.5-4% for sending money in another currency, no other charges?

I want SR3, but I don't want to be screwed over by THQ and their stupid website.

Blizzard

Banned
Is Just Cause 2 fun? I get really bored in open games like GTA and Infamous, should I grab this?
I would normally say yes, since it's a pretty game and maybe one of the purest "fun" action/explosion/silly games I've played. But, if you get bored in open games then you may not get much mileage out of it. *shrug*

Are there any tricks for using the grapple and parachute to get yourself in the air? I seem to recall I was never good at it. I also felt like there was control lag when shooting with the mouse but that could have just been the way the game works.

fokkusu

Paid with Paypal?

If this really works, I might just open a PP account. It says on their site that it's 2.5-4% for sending money in another currency, no other charges?

I want SR3, but I don't want to be screwed over by THQ and their stupid website.

Yes, I used Paypal.

MNC

Green Man Gaming currently has Saints Row The Third for $20 if you use the voucher FIFTY-SAINT-XMASS. Grabbing mine now :D

Awesome. Already snagged and activated.

Thanks Catshade!

Woah. But 20 dollars is 15 euros, not 17. :/ Can you copy the GMG game code and paste it to chat or something? AKA gifting?

And what is the season pass for? Do you need it for multiplayer?

Lothars

Woah. But 20 dollars is 15 euros, not 17. :/ Can you copy the GMG game code and paste it to chat or something? AKA gifting?

Season Pass gives you 4 DLC packs, 1 has been released and the other 3 will be released in 2012.

I believe the season pass is just for future DLC. Seems like it's probably worth the extra couple of dollars in the THQ deal.

Hmm, I got a few of the special achievements a few days ago (Bastion, Sequence, Jamestown) but they haven't shown up on my gift pile.

Any ideas? I haven't got TF2 downloaded, and I don't really want to spend the bandwidth and HDD space.

Also, has no-one figured out CS+'s achievement yet?

StuBurns

Banned
Hmm, I got a few of the special achievements a few days ago (Bastion, Sequence, Jamestown) but they haven't shown up on my gift pile.

Any ideas? I haven't got TF2 downloaded, and I don't really want to spend the bandwidth and HDD space.

Also, has no-one figured out CS+'s achievement yet?

None of those three have had their days yet, they will 'ping' some time soon.

The CS+ achievement is very easy, load CS+ with your OS on 25/12/12, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom