• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

From Dust gets 50 percent off.

Oh, Ubi. Are you trying to pull an EA or Capcom? Maybe this summer.

And isn't it the FOURTH day?

Nope. 5th day coming. Time flies when you're spending no money.

I tried to take that survey to get into the beta a while back and then I realized they were all questions about playing DOTA 1 which I have never played. This game seems very niche and catered to the e-sports community. The concept sounds interesting and I want to give the game a try but I feel like someone trying to play Starcraft for the first time, faced against a community of Korean veterans.

Same. I got an e-mail invite, but the questions were so dense about past experience, I never even applied. Thought this new hardware survey was just about hardware.

Tenck

I tried to take that survey to get into the beta a while back and then I realized they were all questions about playing DOTA 1 which I have never played. This game seems very niche and catered to the e-sports community. The concept sounds interesting and I want to give the game a try but I feel like someone trying to play Starcraft for the first time, faced against a community of Korean veterans.

Unfortunately you are correct. The Dota community is some of the worse when it comes to elitism. You're either really good at Dota or you're garbage, nothing in between. Not one match so far, out of like 5, have I had not someone literally go off on me during the whole match.

robotrock

Banned
uh, the new deals were up for like 30 seconds and then went away. saints row 3 is 33% off, rage is $15, railworks is $3.75, and back to the future is $10

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Admit it: Your steam library already has 250 games on it.

For new steam users, this is heaven. XD
Yep, at this point I think I've got the majority of things I want from steam anyways. That being not many anyways and a ton of other games just cause theyre so cheap.

Feels bad being an old fart of a steam user, man. Zero purchases thus far.

MRORANGE

DcGTL.jpg

inky

Anyone want to trade his useless Valve coupon for mine? We both get an achievement (which will probably be another Valve coupon!)

Well I already had the EYE achievement so I got a copy of Sam and Max season 1!!!
Crappy deals today, except for railworks which I'll pick up just to see what the fuck it is.

1-D_FTW

Anyone on my FL wanna quick trade useless coupons?

EDIT: Inventory seems to be down. Wonder if this can even be done right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom