• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

lol.

Toki Tori Christmas Achievement Updated!
posted by Two Tribes @ 06:19PM on December 23, 2011
Hi everyone,

We've updated Toki Tori to make it easier for everyone to grab the Christmas achievement. We hope it will remove the frustration factor and bring the focus back on getting the proper solution.

Let us know what you think!

Merry Christmas!

Two Tribes
0 comments...

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
That SR3 deal on the UK THQ site is insane. And I don't have any money in my Paypal, of course. lolz.

Is Rage still fucked for ATI users? I owe a friend, so maybe I'll gift him that if everything's okay now.

Revoh

You are missing out then.
It's a far more fun game than gta4.
It's more sandbox than any other game of its kind,the parasailing is very satisfying and fun, the map is huge, there are beautiful vistas everywhere you look.

Dudebro is the weirdest explenation I ever heard to describe this game...
There is nothing fuck yer 'mericuh or hooorah or bald spacemarine about it.

I hate you.
Bought.

Thraktor

So, what's the consensus on the PC version of From Dust these days? I played the XBox360 demo and enjoyed it, and was considering going with that version given what I'd heard about the PC edition, but now it's on sale on Steam I'm unsure. I'm fine playing it with a controller, so messed-up KB/M controls don't bother me, but have the other problems been fixed?

PaulLFC

....why the hell do I want to buy Railworks, all of the sudden?? Anybody have any quick recommendations on that?
I asked myself the exact same question when I saw the deals
KuGsj.gif

BY2K

Membero Americo
I have 50% off AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, 33% off Valve games and 4 Coal. (Plus a bunch of TF2 items).

Does TF2 trades trough Steam counts?

Anybody wanna trade?

Blizzard

Banned
I hate you.
Bought.
It's a beautiful game so no worries. My advice to you would be to play it in little bits -- when you want to relax for an hour or two, fly across an island, jump off mountains, jump a boat out of the water, blow up lots of objectives.

There are TONS of things to blow up so if you tried to 100% the game all at once you might get bored. Just pace yourself and have fun. :)

Rail Works is actually pretty enjoyable, I have had it for a year now after last year's deal. I play it on and off, it is actually really calming to play. Plus you are driving a MOTHERFUCKING TRAIN. It is definitely worth it at the price it is now.

The worst part is after you start playing it and you see all these cool looking trains as DLC you start to question your morals about buying them.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Anybody who wants to trade a coal for a coal to get the achievement, hit me up on Steam. Same username.

TGMIII

What's the general thoughts on eYe. I remember being slightly interested in it when it launched but it looks.....janky.

I hate you.
Bought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIwiGmeFF_A

Pro tip to enjoy this game the most:
Just...let...go

This is the essense of sandbox, you are completely FREE (once you get past the tutorial which takes like 15 mins).
No islands to unlock no nothing, just go wherever.
Don't chase no carrots, don't try to complete everything at every spot.
Just do whatever you want, no matter where you end up there will be something to explore or do or blow up.
When you want some direction do a story mission.

PLAY ON NORMAL OR EASY, cops will chase you like mad and this really isn't one of those games where you need to make it hard on yourself by relentless cop chases, you'll enjoy it much more on normal.

Also : turn vsync off and tweak your settings until you don't drop under 45 fps anymore and average 50+.
People complain about input lag (I hate input lag it ruins any game for me) , they'll describe it as floaty controls.
Just make sure your framerate is good and that vsync is off and it will control very well and not be floaty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom