• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a copy of Frozen Synapse that I bought with the soundtrack. Wouldn't mind trading it for EYE or anything similar if anyone is down. Fire me a PM.

Luigi87

C0QFj.jpg

Those... those bastards...

Waitaminute... Tappet isn't holding a [candy] cane... That's a crowbar!

Mupod

When was the last time capcom actually participated in daily deals?

I really feel like playing DR2 off the record right now, and I doubt they'll go lower than 50% but...still.

The_Monk

My GAFFers, please, help me with these specs, I'm amateur when it comes to specs!

I want to pick up Alien VS Predator

My Laptop:

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
4GB 1333 MHz DDr3
Intel HD 3000

Can I run AVP? I'm on a MacBook Pro but I'll be using bootcamp.

Quick help guys, thanks!

£15 is a bit much for RAGE. Definitely get a Yank to help you out with it. I got it for a tenner on the last sale via some helpful American GAFer and I feel that's the sweet spot for it.

PaulLFC

Rail Works is actually pretty enjoyable, I have had it for a year now after last year's deal. I play it on and off, it is actually really calming to play. Plus you are driving a MOTHERFUCKING TRAIN. It is definitely worth it at the price it is now.

The worst part is after you start playing it and you see all these cool looking trains as DLC you start to question your morals about buying them.
How much content do you get for the initial price? I know there's a shit-ton of DLC, but how substantial is the base game?

anddo0

Amazon just matched Steams price for SR3. A whole $4 difference :/

Looks like I'm getting SR3 from GMG. I have $5 credit so that makes it $15. I don't care about SR3 dlc (from what I've seen). So, $15 feels a lot better than $23 from THQ.

Sounds good to me. Do I have to be logged into the Steam application itself to trade? I am logged in through the web. Also, how do you trade as I've never done it before.
I sent you a trading invite but you didn't respond. Might be the servers though. I'm doing it through the client but I'm a steam trading virgin myself too.

inky

I got this email from Getgamesgo saying that Arkham Asylum would be free on the 26th....?

http://i.imgur.com/F7J2i.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Only if you buy Arkham City.

[quote="Adnor, post: 33700268"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/C0QFj.jpg
qtmTQ.png

GQ14y.png

Those... those bastards...

MASTER TROLLS!

Amazon just matched Steams price for SR3. I whole $4 difference :/

Looks like I'm getting SR3 from GMG. I have $5 credit so that makes it $15. I don't care about SR3 dlc (from what I've seen). So, $15 feels a lot better than $23 from THQ.

I tried to give them my $24 but they wont authorize my payment for some reason. Might just go to GMG.

1-D_FTW

I really feel like playing DR2 off the record right now, and I doubt they'll go lower than 50% but...still.

It almost seems like they quit after that one game (DMC 3?) got listed at 75 percent off (9.99), was selling like hotcakes, #1 on the chart... and then Capcom forced Valve to go back to 50 percent off as the DD. It then fell out of the top 10, and Capcom forever abandoned the DD. I guess they took the wrong lesson from that.

C_H_T

Hey thanks for posting this, I was hoping for a cheap price on FM2012 somewhere. And it's Steamworks I think so it'll activate on Steam?

I don't think FM2012 is steamworks, the version from 2009, 2010, 2011 were.

Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

Shadybiz

Rail Works is actually pretty enjoyable, I have had it for a year now after last year's deal. I play it on and off, it is actually really calming to play. Plus you are driving a MOTHERFUCKING TRAIN. It is definitely worth it at the price it is now.

The worst part is after you start playing it and you see all these cool looking trains as DLC you start to question your morals about buying them.

Thanks for the input! I'll give myself the usual half hour cooling off period, and then hit Purchase, as usual :)

How is this Steam version of Cave Story+?

I never played the game, so is this a good buy? Is this one just like the Wii version then?
It is just like the Wii version except it has the Wind fortress extra that one did not.

Hmm the Super Indie Bundle is tempting me for Gemini Rue and Cave Story + alone but i don't want the rest that bad... anything else worthwhile in there?
Most if not all of them have demos so like always, trying before you buy is an easy way. Anyway...
Revenge of the titans is in an interesting RTS tower defence game (as you have tech trees, resource gathering).
Dungeons of Dredmor seems like a decent roguelike. Probably won't convert you to the genre mind.
Bunch of Heroes drove many players insane here over the achievement and made everyone hate the game
LightFish is a quix like game. It seems to be bulit around score attack on fixed levels and quite hard to score golds on.
LIMBO is one of those short 2D platformer puzzle games with an art style toward it. I'd be more inclined to think And yet it Moves rather than Briad if you catch my drift.

Don't know about the rest. Fractal is on my wishlist waiting for a better deal :(

I had to rewind bonus wind bonus 2 I think it was so many times and making the frost hang about for longer (assuming thats their change) won't make that one easier.

Lothars

It almost seems like they quit after that one game (DMC 3?) got listed at 75 percent off (9.99), was selling like hotcakes, #1 on the chart... and then Capcom forced Valve to go back to 50 percent off as the DD. It then fell out of the top 10, and Capcom forever abandoned the DD. I guess they took the wrong lesson from that.
The Summer Sale I believe had DMC and RE5 on for 10 dollars, We have another 9 days of sales I can definitely see some Capcom Games on Sale.

How much content do you get for the initial price? I know there's a shit-ton of DLC, but how substantial is the base game?

For the $3 you would be paying for it, it is plenty.

Someone mentioned the NE Corridor add-on and now I am thinking about it. I can now simulate the commute I took from Philly to NYC. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Anyone know more about Saints Row 3 on THQ's website? I still see it at $50 and someone mentioned $20.

anddo0

My GAFFers, please, help me with these specs, I'm amateur when it comes to specs!

I want to pick up Alien VS Predator

My Laptop:

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
4GB 1333 MHz DDr3
Intel HD 3000

Can I run AVP? I'm on a MacBook Pro but I'll be using bootcamp.

Quick help guys, thanks!

with a bit of tweaking, you should be able to run it at 1280x720.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Also, anyone up for EYE 4 pack??
I am, but inventories have to be back up to do that stuff. There is someone else I was talking to about it who had 2 copies. I may just deal with them later today rather than with a new group.

Aselith

Anyone got the 50% off Stronghold 3 coupon they don't want? I've got Steel Storm, 50% Valve, 50% Alien Breed Impact, 50% Borderlands GOTY, 50% Oddworld Much's Oddysee and the coal of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom