• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to sound dumb but how do you trade a coupon? Do you have to do it within the Steam application or can you do it if you're logged in from the web?

goober

I am, but inventories have to be back up to do that stuff. There is someone else I was talking to about it who had 2 copies. I may just deal with them later today rather than with a new group.

Alright, please keep me updated. Don't forget me please!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Waitaminute... Tappet isn't holding a [candy] cane... That's a crowbar!

solid gold baby, tappet is a hustla.

actually in the picture it looks like he's going to hit cyl with it. which would be pretty understandable, cyl can be a bit of a jerk sometimes, but still doesn't seem in sync with tappet's personality generally.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Got my 4th 25% off valve, which together with one 33 and one 50 nets me a nice 6 valve coupons....

f
m
l

Lothars

PaulLFC

For the $3 you would be paying for it, it is plenty.

Someone mentioned the NE Corridor add-on and now I am thinking about it. I can now simulate the commute I took from Philly to NYC. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Anyone know more about Saints Row 3 on THQ's website? I still see it at $50 and someone mentioned $20.
Thanks! Will most likely pick it up later today.

Binabik15

Thanks, guys. I GOTS IT! If anyone asks, I live in the Sony London Studio...

This deal totally makes up for importing AA Robin Edition and having to deal with GfWL instead of waiting for a Steam sale.

Bought Mass Effect 2 as a daily and Blur for my brother. Not a bad haul for spending under 30€ including SR3. To think that I almost ordered Resident Evil Revelations for 30 pounds, smh.

Got a lump of coal for joining the group, lol. Maybe someday there'll be a game that I actually own with presents.

Edit: Damn, why won't my key register to Steam? It says purchase not available for this region. Am I fucked? The Genki and the season pass keys could be avtivate, the game key gives me an error. Help.

1-D_FTW

I wonder what would happen if both people went into a game with Steam inventory and then tried trading? I bet it would work.

Revoh

It's a beautiful game so no worries. My advice to you would be to play it in little bits -- when you want to relax for an hour or two, fly across an island, jump off mountains, jump a boat out of the water, blow up lots of objectives.

There are TONS of things to blow up so if you tried to 100% the game all at once you might get bored. Just pace yourself and have fun. :)

I'll keep that in mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIwiGmeFF_A

Pro tip to enjoy this game the most:
Just...let...go

This is the essense of sandbox, you are completely FREE (once you get past the tutorial which takes like 15 mins).
No islands to unlock no nothing, just go wherever.
Don't chase no carrots, don't try to complete everything at every spot.
Just do whatever you want, no matter where you end up there will be something to explore or do or blow up.
When you want some direction do a story mission.

PLAY ON NORMAL OR EASY, cops will chase you like mad and this really isn't one of those games where you need to make it hard on yourself by relentless cop chases, you'll enjoy it much more on normal.

Also : turn vsync off and tweak your settings until you don't drop under 45 fps anymore and average 50+.
People complain about input lag (I hate input lag it ruins any game for me) , they'll describe it as floaty controls.
Just make sure your framerate is good and that vsync is off and it will control very well and not be floaty.

Thanks for the tips.

Damage my wallet has taken so far:

Just Cause 2: $2.49
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: $2.49
Renegade Ops: $2.99
Bastion (which I traded it to a GAFer for Portal 2): $10.04
Total: $18.01

uQpBb.jpg

Aselith

From a video guide to the Audiosurf achievement:

"I just finished this achievement. My gift? 50% off Audiosurf =/"

lol, Valve, oh you

fokkusu

For the $3 you would be paying for it, it is plenty.

Someone mentioned the NE Corridor add-on and now I am thinking about it. I can now simulate the commute I took from Philly to NYC. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Anyone know more about Saints Row 3 on THQ's website? I still see it at $50 and someone mentioned $20.

Select UK site and it's 14 pounds.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
-Rage
-Metro 2033
-Cave Story
-Divinity 2:DKS

All for around $40. Not bad, I really thought there was nothing on Steam anymore I wanted.

Debating AvP, but I dunno. Was it good?

Nelo Ice

Banned
So guys here's what Amazon is going to be selling tomorrow.
Bolded activates on steam.

Dungeon Defenders - $1.99
Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition: $10.99
Civilization IV: Complete: $8.99
Borderlands Game of the Year: $5.99
Mafia II: $5.99
Tropico 4: $4.99

Heres the rest of the games

The 2K Mega Pack: $34.99 containing:

BioShock
BioShock 2
Borderlands GOTY
Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem Icons
Duke Nukem Dr DLC
CivCity Rome
Mafia II
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Stronghold Collection

The 2K Strategy Pack: $14.99 contains:

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Stronghold Collection

The 2K Shooter Pack: $16.99

BioShock
BioShock 2
Borderlands GOTY
Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem DLC
Duke Nukem Dr DLC

I picked up another copy of SR3 from shopTHQ fo the season pass and preorder dlc, so I'm left with an extra key for the main game. I'd be willing to sell it for $15 paypal or work out a trade.

The other 2 codes activated on steam with no problem.

edit: nice. in for tropico 4 tomorrow. I have some amazon credit.

PaulLFC

From a video guide to the Audiosurf achievement:

"I just finished this achievement. My gift? 50% off Audiosurf =/"

lol, Valve, oh you
KuGsj.gif

I guess (hope) that the coupons will be worked out if Valve do future promotions like this, so that stuff like this can't happen. I know the coupons are free, but they should still really be limited to games you don't own.

Blizzard

Banned
You guys, I'm seeing all sorts of people pondering EYE 4-packs, and very few impressions about the game itself. I saw the official thread popup, but it didn't seem to have many impressions on the last page, and instead had like 4 different banned people.

1. If I buy game does that mean I get banned on GAF? D:
2. How awesome is game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom