• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
THQ site has Season pass + Preorder bonus included. Imo it's the better deal.

I live in the states and couldn't go through with it :(

Plus I think the conversion rate would have put me at 20 anyways. The season pass is not that tempting as getting to play the game online with people. I would have wanted it for sure though.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Not into chess, not into RTS games..

i really suck at RTS games (or most strategy games) and never play them, but FS just clicked with me...

but you tried the game and thats all that counts, it's not your thing and thats fine :)

Nelo Ice

Banned
I live in the states and couldn't go through with it :(

Plus I think the conversion rate would have put me at 20 anyways. The season pass is not that tempting as getting to play the game online with people. I would have wanted it for sure though.

It cost $24 for me and I'm in the states.

Davedough

I'm hating being at work right now. I own 3 of the games that have achievements and I cant cash them in because I'm here browsing GAF for a paycheck instead of at home playing.

Fuck my first world problems!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well since I still need to make some achievements, how about reviving the Frozen Synapse Wall of Impressions from Last year!

Let others do the talking instead of me :p

FDL8C.jpg

BUY FROZEN SYNAPSE, you get 2 copies for the price. That means your copy costs you $1,60.
Official Thread

Here is a video that convinced a lot Gaffers, its better in describing than I could:
Awesome Youtube Vid
Same Vid, cut to the impressions

Eurogamer 9/10
IGN 8.5/10
Edge 9/10

Wall of Impressions!
SalsaShark said:
i love it

I LOVE IT

Sinatar said:
It's a tactical shooter ala X-Com/Jagged Alliance except that you and your opponent plan your moves at the same time and then they execute simultaneously.

Sort of like a 2 player plan mode from old school Rainbow 6.

van Buren said:
I bought this game a week ago, and I've got to say that it's fantastic. It's one of the best releases of the year for me, and it's chock-full of content.

Highly recommended for fans of tactics games like JA2, XCOM, etc.

Matt05891 said:
Personally I feel Frozen Synapse is a must buy right now

The_Super_Inframan said:
frozen synapse is soooooo good, easily one of the best games i played this year :)
frozen synapse needs a while to get used to, but it's just awesome once you really "understand" the game.

my steam counter says that i played it around 100 hours this year...and i never finished even one single player mission cause multiplayer is that good (and i'm usually not a online multiplayer guy) :p

and as toma said, this game really shines with friends... so much fun

Instro said:
I played a bit of the campaign earlier. Very nifty game, I also really like the music. Almost kind of regret not getting the version that came with the soundtrack.
Originally Posted by Draft:
This game is really cool. I love how slick it is.

metareferential said:
Played a few skirmishes against AI just for fun, and damn this game is intense even against bots.

I love it.

TXdoHAWK said:
30% off finally pushed me to pre-order this. Wish I had bought it sooner, it's so deliriously good.

I love how the game encourages you to play at your own pace...and you never find yourself particularly aggravated if the other player is taking too long, because you can just pop open another game while you wait. Or, you can close the client and do something else...and they'll email you when the other player takes their turn.

I had no idea until after I bought this that a Mac client exists too. Truly a pleasant surprise. I do wish the devs would put in an option to bounce the dock icon for alerts though, especially turn update notifications.

ChaoticEko said:
Hey, bought it last night, it's definitely an awesome game, just started the campaign this morning, had a few close calls, but victory on both games.

If anyone wants to add me, username is ChaoticEko. (You can add me to the OP as well!)

The_Player said:
I want everyone to know, that I consider this game to be awesome! I've been enjoying playing it so much. I'll probably make my own review for it.

And if you want to play - name is the same as here.

Nabs said:
I wish I could hug Frozen Synapse.

Narayan said:
This game.

This game is AWESOME!

If only we could get more games like this nowadays.

Broseybrose said:
I FINALLY bought this game. Sale was just the icing on the cake. $13 on STEAM (2 copies!) is a steal. I already played the first few missions of the campaign and I can tell that this is the kind of game I was hoping for. I think the coolest thing about this game, is its the first 'simultaneous turn based multiplayer game Ive ever heard of, much less played. And it is a FINE entry into the genre, if there are others.

This game is going to be timeless, i hope. Just like Counterstrike.

DrBro42 said:
Bought it today after hearing how awesome it is, loving it. So glad I made the plunge.

Apparently, not everyone likes it :-o Shocking, I know. But its save to say that 95% of the people that I have seen it try, do like it. And there is a reason for it. In case you dont have it yet, give the Strategy GOTY 2011 a chance.

zychi

Banned
Has Bulletstorm gotten a daily deal yet? It's 9.99 right now.

Is Rage worth 14.99 right now if I've already purchased, Deux EX HR, SR3, Sonic Generations, and MW3?

Steam is evil I tell ya.

Saige

I must do better.
4 pieces of coal today

And I’m liking EYE. So many crazy systems and stats that you just kind of dive into. For $2.50 it’s fun to just jump in and screw around without having to get too invested in it.

moojito

Debating AvP, but I dunno. Was it good?

As a massive fan of the alien and predator series, I thought it was a decent enough dip into the universe again. I wouldn't go for a second playthrough, but it was one of the very few games I played all the way through this year.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
First day without a purchase.

Hit up a few of the cheevos today. Now at 9 lumps, a 25% off valve, 50% off valve, a 33% off saints row, and a 75% off risen.

Already have SR3 and everything valvey.

First day without a purchase.

Hit up a few of the cheevos today. Now at 9 lumps, a 25% off valve, 50% off valve, a 33% off saints row, and a 75% off risen.

Already have SR3 and everything valvey.

75% off Risen??? damn how do you get that one? I really want that game and since it might not go on sale this might be the next best thing

Tomodachi

I'm interested in From Dust but I heard the PC port isn't so good. Should I get the PSN version instead? I don't care about weird ubisoft DRMs since I'm always connected and they don't bother me if that's the only issue.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well since I still need to make some achievements, how about reviving the Frozen Synapse Wall of Impressions from Last year!
Speaking of which, my copy is not the Steam version, so I can't get the achievement for it. If anyone has an extra they want to waste on someone who only wants it for the achievement, pass it along. -_^

noire

Unconfirmed Member
75% off Risen??? damn how do you get that one? I really want that game and since it might not go on sale this might be the next best thing

Just got it from the frozen synapse achievement.

No interest in it personally, so if you have anything you want to trade or an extra copy of skyrim laying around, let me know.

Anyone been able to buy Saints Row 3 on THQs site using Paypal? Every time I try it just completes the purchase without sending me to paypal to pay for it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, still no Skyrim deal. I'm about to just give into temptation and buy it off Amazon for the 360.

LOOK WHAT YOU'RE MAKING ME DO, GABE!

Raw64life

Bought RAGE. Looks like I can just barely fit it on my SSD before moving it over with SteamMover. Assuming there is no way to install it directly onto another drive.

Also got Frozen Synapse based on pure GAF hype. Good chance that I'll never get around to playing it.

Davedough

So I haven't loaded EYE since it launched and I got tired of trying to read the screen.

Have they improved the HUD at all? I play on my plasma from my big comfy couch and I couldn't make out the words on the screen from about 10 feet back where I sit.

I just crafted my coal and ended up with F1 2011. Is anybody interested?

Edit: God damn I'm in the wrong thread, ignore this and post in the community topic or pm me.

Naxx

lol never played Frozen synapse before, but got the achievement on my first try. Damn, didn't know I was good in strategy. :p

StuBurns

Banned
Oh come on, and I had talked myself out of getting it. If people on my friends list get it maybe it would be worth it (unless the singleplayer is awesome).

I don't know about being awesome, that might be a little extreme, I've only played fifteen minutes of it, but it's surprised me. I remember hearing it's a clunky Deus Ex type game, and maybe it becomes that, but the intial impression is much more of a shooter, the shooting feels pretty good for a source game too.

It does keep trying to force tutorials on you, but so far I've not needed any of them, everything is pretty intuitive if you've played lots of shooters really. It feels low rent, but it is. I'll certainly play more, and maybe I'll change my mind on it, but right now I can't imagine regretting the £1whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom