• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

I don't know about being awesome, that might be a little extreme, I've only played fifteen minutes of it, but it's surprised me. I remember hearing it's a clunky Deus Ex type game, and maybe it becomes that, but the intial impression is much more of a shooter, the shooting feels pretty good for a source game too.

The Deus Ex comparisons are due to the number and variety of ways you can upgrade your character to accommodate different play styles.

jgminto

I'll just ask here since I didn't get a response in the OT.

Can anyone help with this problem I'm having? The last time I played the game it was working fine but now when I try to open it it shows this error message.
iavno.jpg

I've tried reinstalling the game and setting it to launch in windowed mode but it still appears. Any help would be appreciated.

moojito

I'm hoping asassasassasasin's creed 2 gets a daily deal. 10 quid is pretty nice, but I'd be much happier if it was only a fiver.

Oreoleo

I'll just ask here since I didn't get a response in the OT.

Can anyone help with this problem I'm having? The last time I played the game it was working fine but now when I try to open it it shows this error message.
iavno.jpg

I've tried reinstalling the game and setting it to launch in windowed mode but it still appears. Any help would be appreciated.

It's probably an OpenGL issue. Try updating your drivers. I bet you have an ATI card, yeah?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is Frozen Synapse worth playing for single-player only? It looks compelling, but I don't play on-line often.

I have the same opinion on basically every game. And didnt buy FS for the MP. You'll play multiplayer, everyone does. Its chess on crack.

Hellish

So I got tired of waiting and decided to go on Amazon to get sonic generations, but they would only allow US downloads so I changed my billing address to one of those us-canada shipping pick-up places and it worked, but I left my credit card, anyone know if something weird is going to happen? Also it started downloading on Amazon downloaded but I saw a product key in the game library and just used that and now its dling on steam.

anyone know where the savegame folder is Fateoftheword? I use %appdata%\Roaming\fotw\save (paste into navigation bar) but get an error
In Vista/7 it's on C/Users/(your user)/AppData (hidden folder)/Roaming/fotw.

I have 4 achievements done today (plus another one if someone trades me coal for EYE), I want to see how many useless coupons I got dammit!

when buying from the thq site, they ask you for a password. i don't get it. do i need to create an account there to buy saints row 3?

also, what's a uk address i can use?

StuBurns

Banned
Has anyone got the Reindeer achievement in EYE? The link on the first page says this:
Reindeer randomly spawn on any maps that also spawn the dome-headed creatures.
I don't really know what that means. I've googled 'dome-headed' in relation to the game and only get that same page, so I don't know how to check which maps can have the reindeers in them.

Anyone know?

Oreoleo

Has anyone got the Reindeer achievement in EYE? The link on the first page says this:

I don't really know what that means. I've googled 'dome-headed' in relation to the game and only get that same page, so I don't know how to check which maps can have the reindeers in them.

Anyone know?

I think the first level they appear is Forgotten Center, like the 4th or 5th level of the game.

You can quickload there by opening the console and typing 'map cc_forgotten'

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Oh look, what do we have here...
iSq8e.jpg

Science or someone wants to trade them?

Just go for it.

Or at least, do so when it works. I just tried to craft my 7 coal and then the 503 errors started again. The suspense is killing me!

ElRenoRaven

So trading is still broke I see. Even the inventory itself is. Valve really really need to get their shit together. Every damn sale. It never fails.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I just got Left 4 Dead 2 for crafting 7 coals.

Yes I already have it, but has anyone had a record like mine yet?

So far:

8 coals (7 becoming Left 4 Dead 2)
Killing Floor
Rome: Total War
Uplink

Aside from the default Valve coupon I have not had a coupon yet. My luck will run out soon, but so far, fuck yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom