• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

I cant play this game. Gives me slight motion sickness, but I want the achievement damnit. And I was thinking that blowing myself up with rockets might not work or something.

People have done it with kill. Of course, this was before the patches, so maybe they took it out?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
People have done it with kill. Of course, this was before the patches, so maybe they took it out?

I dont know how to use the console command kill, cant even find the key to open the console actually.

What I am trying is just rockets. Dozens of them. Doesnt seem to work.

I dont know how to use the console command kill, cant even find the key to open the console actually.

What I am trying is just rockets. Dozens of them. Doesnt seem to work.

Use bots. Enjoy.

EDIT: For console. On launch parameters of the game write "-console" without ""

linko9

Hey, noob to steam, quick question: I just bought Frozen Synapse, and it says it comes with an extra copy of the game to gift. How do I gift said copy?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hey, noob to steam, quick question: I just bought Frozen Synapse, and it says it comes with an extra copy of the game to gift. How do I gift said copy?

Go into your inventory.

Bahahahaha.

Edit: Sorry. You will see it there later, but since everything is borked atm, no chance.

Toma

Use bots. Enjoy.

EDIT: For console. On launch parameters of the game write "-console" without ""

Thanks!

And I know its meh to chicken out on the achievement by playing properly, but even playing easy bots would be literally nauseating.

mrgone

I know why the coal's missing - all this digital coal we've been generating has actually been in service of powering all of Railworks DLC trains, and with the Railworks 3: Complete Works pack they needed to collect early to meet demand

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The Rise of the Immortals achievmenet is impossible to be done.

Idiots either quit midgame or don't want to arrange it.

Vyer

I know it was a few days ago, but Orcs Must Die is pretty enjoyable.

Also, thanks for the SR3 deal info. Been wanting to play that for a while.

On the final day the most popular deals return one more time.

Is anyone else having trouble viewing your inventory?

Seems like there are usually two repeat days...one at the halfway point. I can't remember if they still do that or not.

And yes everyone is having inventory issues.

Raxus

Seems like there are usually two repeat days...one at the halfway point. I can't remember if they still do that or not.

And yes everyone is having inventory issues.

I swear, if my free game disappears I am going to be so angry at valve I may not speak so highly of them. TAKE THAT GABE!

zychi

Banned
Pretty underwhelmed by these sales so far.
I've bought nothing yet, i was waiting for a sale on Saint's Row 3 to have all the DLCs, but lol @ THQ, 33% as a daily deal and not even applied on the DLCs.
You'll never have my full money as long as you sell 2 costumes for 2 dollars, goddamit, get your shit together.

I also wanted RAGE, but it's cheaper on Amazon. :\
Buy Saints Rows from the ThQ site. $~22 for season pass, a dlc and the game. It should be a page or two back

Jomjom

Banned
This sale is reminding me of the Summer Sale again - not much interesting. Although Psychonauts was only $2.49 and I got that, so I guess I can't complain too much.

I hope Syberia, the 3 Still Life games, or the Hitman games go on sale. I really want the Hitman games to catch up on the story before Absolution releases.

Terrible deal on Saints Row 3.

I just bought it for 15 British Pounds (24 USD or so) on the THQ UK site.

Go here: http://store.thq.com/store/thq/en_GB/pd/Saints-Row-The-Third/productID.233244200

You also get the pre-order bonus, and a DLC Season Pass. Great deal.

I was able to use my US billing info and credit card without issue. The game redeems on Steam, too.

So save $10 and get more content!

I just tried to get this and it said payment authorization failed. I'm in the US.

BioHazard

This sale is reminding me of the Summer Sale again - not much interesting. Although Psychonauts was only $2.49 and I got that, so I guess I can't complain too much.

I hope Syberia, the 3 Still Life games, or the Hitman games go on sale. I really want the Hitman games to catch up on the story before Absolution releases.

Yes! I need the Syberia and Still Life games in my life. I will probably buy them even if they don't become a daily. Aren't there only two Still Life games though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom