• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Finally won a game I didn't already have: Defense Grid. What a borefest that game is. Once you figure out a good turret loadout you just sit back and watch the game play itself.
That's why there is a fast forward button, and it might help especially for the simpler levels. Harder levels should require a little more thought in how you set things up (there's also a rewind button).

I liked it even though I don't have an interest in tower defense much at all, I guess? But if you truly hate tower defense then I could understand not liking it.

Danj

My inventory is bugged again, not showing items I traded for (though they're listed in the inventory history), anyone know how to fix? I tried the TF2 moving stuff around in backpack thing but it didn't help.

EDIT: nevermind, it seems to have fixed itself.

Against my better judgement I went ahead and crafted 7 coals... this after getting 20 coals in a row. And the result of the crafting? 50% off coupon for Grotesque Tactics. FML.

Cth

Finally won a game I didn't already have: Defense Grid. What a borefest that game is. Once you figure out a good turret loadout you just sit back and watch the game play itself. At least the game had a Christmas achievement which won me another coal. Yea... about that...

Yeah, I remember that day as well :D :D

Finally caught up on holiday achievements for the games I have and here are the results of my spoils. Unfortunately, I already own Costume Quest. :(

UGiYi.png

Can I buy Costume Quest off of you?

well.

i actually quite enjoy train simulator. steam locomotives ftw

i like E.Y.E also, at $3 that thing's a great buy if you can handle the jank. bought it at launch and not once regretted. they've probably patched out the crazy amount of money you used to earn online though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Managed to get Rise of Immortals achievement - the company I got in PvE were quite good and I used the tree character. Wasn't so difficult.

Artofwar420

I finally got to playing E.Y.E. and I am blown away. It's like nothing I've ever seen. A little bit of Deus Ex gameplay, awesomely original aesthetics, and that delicious source engine, baby I got a stew going. I'm having a hard time handling my shock of how awesome it felt to play that game.

If you a fan of twinstick shooters. I implore, no i demand you guys pick this up.

xx06577.jpg

Watch TotalBiscuits 13 minute WTF is video. If your not convinced by the end of it, then i can't help you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ILeY_O4ouY

Did i mention the game is 75% off at $2.49?

Game supports the 360 pad and multiplayer is a blast. Fuck Super Stardust HD and Geometry Wars when this game exists.

Yeah, it's a fun game. It's basically an updated clone of Crimsonland, which is high praise. The devs have given it a lot of post-release love too.

Did the sale take on shit on the Frozen Synapse authentication servers? Been "registering a new account" for a good 15 mins now?

Don't know why devs do this (other than "we want your email"). Both Tropico and Frozen Synapse have made me make an account.

Card Boy

Banned
I finally got to playing E.Y.E. and I am blown away. It's like nothing I've ever seen. A little bit of Deus Ex gameplay, awesomely original aesthetics, and that delicious source engine, baby I got a stew going. I'm having a hard time handling my shock of how awesome it felt to play that game.

Yeh its pretty good, just UI and presentation leaves alot to be desired though. It really needs some work.

Core gameplay is excellent though.

Jintor

Synapse needs one because it's primarily multiplayer and it's not Steamworks so it can't just use that (plus they might be going cross-platform so they can't just use steamworks).

Tropico is just because Kalypso loves harvesting emails.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Did the sale take on shit on the Frozen Synapse authentication servers? Been "registering a new account" for a good 15 mins now?

Don't know why devs do this (other than "we want your email"). Both Tropico and Frozen Synapse have made me make an account.

Frozen Synapse really needs your email though. It sends you a message when your next turn is ready because it has asynchronous multiplayer.

NZNova

Is it just me or does the new Steam interface have absolutely no indication of the status of gifts you have sent anymore?

Madrical

Banned
In Australia Rage is $90, reduced to $45. If someone from the US can gift it to me for $15, please PM me with your paypal info and I'll send it through. Thanks! :)

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Is it just me or does the new Steam interface have absolutely no indication of the status of gifts you have sent anymore?

Just you. Click on the gift to see to whom you sent it. Also there should be a tab on the inventory on the right.

Darryl

Banned
i wonder if the prize pool was worsened by the influx of accounts the indie bundles created. seems like the obvious way to fix it, but kinda disappointing. :/

NZNova

Just you. Click on the gift to see to whom you sent it. Also there should be a tab on the inventory on the right.

See, I don't get that. I bought a Nation Red 4pack and have given the other 3 copies as gifts, but the tab on my inventory just looks like this:

Ub9QT.png

Nothing in there about who I sent it to and what the status is.

EDIT: Reloaded page a few times, now there's info there about it. Weird.

Nabs

Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong in EYE for the reindeer achievement? I can't find any reindeer at all.

I started a co-op server with the Monolith map (I think). I just went around killing shit until I found one.

Why do you want the achievement?

StuBurns

Banned
I started a co-op server with the Monolith map (I think). I just went around killing shit until I found one.

Why do you want the achievement?

Thanks. I want it for 10% off a Valve title or whatever they give us.

EDIT: Nothing there either, and apparently things should still be dropping presents, but I haven't seen a single one since the first one. I think my game is just fucked.

If you a fan of twinstick shooters. I implore, no i demand you guys pick this up.

xx06577.jpg

Watch TotalBiscuits 13 minute WTF is video. If your not convinced by the end of it, then i can't help you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ILeY_O4ouY

Did i mention the game is 75% off at $2.49?

Game supports the 360 pad and multiplayer is a blast. Fuck Super Stardust HD and Geometry Wars when this game exists.

Holy SHIT THANK YOU!!!! I'm about to buy two copies of this game (one for a friend), this looks absolutely fantastic. That review sold me in the first 3 minutes alone.

Wow, how is this game NOT getting hyped? All the content updates, $2.50... wow. BOUGHT!

Edit: Fuck it, buying a 4-pack. Anybody want a copy for $1.88?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom