• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy SHIT THANK YOU!!!! I'm about to buy two copies of this game (one for a friend), this looks absolutely fantastic. That review sold me in the first 3 minutes alone.

Wow, how is this game NOT getting hyped? All the content updates, $2.50... wow. BOUGHT!

Edit: Fuck it, buying a 4-pack. Anybody want a copy for $1.88?

does this game have 2 player local COOP on ONE screen?

Is tropico 4 steam works?

I just noticed it on Amazon for $5 and remembered someone mentioning you could get $5 free credit off Amazon for something.

Chesskid1

Banned
damn, deus ex HR is pretty damn awesome so far.

i absolutely love sci-fi stuff so exploring the world is quite a treat. i'm going really slow and basically exploring/reading everything i can. i'm just in the first area so all i've done is explore the really big building at the beginning and the first mission.

if it starts to open up with some big cities, and the story/combat stay decent, i'm going to be in love with this game.. so happy about the $10 deal. the music is pretty much amazing as well. gonna dive in for some more very soon.

$10, 4 months after a launch!! :eek:

GHG

Got some new coupons and games so an update for you guys:

Have:

* Nuclear Dawn
* Frozen Synapse
* 33% off Skyrim

* 50% off Max Payne 2
* 25 and 33% off valve coupons

Also 4 coal.

Want: Fallout New Vegas, Bioshock 2, Lost Planet 2, Red Faction Armageddon, Arcania - Gothic 4, Hard Reset.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/G_H_G

Add me on on steam.

XDDX

Is tropico 4 steam works?

I just noticed it on Amazon for $5 and remembered someone mentioning you could get $5 free credit off Amazon for something.
No, unfortunately it isn't.

I am also wondering if anyone from the US is interested in a Mafia 2 key that I got from amazon, which I can't activate on Steam and i'm in a different region. It should activate fine on steam if you are in the USA, so if anone wants the game for the same price as on Amazon and can help me, please PM me.

Mr_Zombie

Anyone wants to trade an useless coupon (25% off Valve games) or useless hat/weapon (Alien Swarm Parasite, Frying Pan, Elli's Hat) for another useless coupon or hat/weapon in order to get the achievment? ;]

Nabs

awesome, thanks!!

now i wonder if it's also playable with mouse/kb (it IS supposed to be a "twin stick shooter" after all) since i only have ONE 360 controller here

It's great with a mkb so far. Local Coop will let one player use the 360 pad and the other mkb.

I got extra Nation Red games that i 'm planning to gift eventually but if someone wants to trade for similar priced steam game, more joy for me. :)

Already got frozen synapse, killing floor and terraria to name a few.

Card Boy

Banned
Holy SHIT THANK YOU!!!! I'm about to buy two copies of this game (one for a friend), this looks absolutely fantastic. That review sold me in the first 3 minutes alone.

Wow, how is this game NOT getting hyped? All the content updates, $2.50... wow. BOUGHT!

Edit: Fuck it, buying a 4-pack. Anybody want a copy for $1.88?

Glad i can help bring it to attention :)

That vid is from 2010 aswell, its gotten acouple of content updates since then!

I made an OT

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33717190#post33717190

IAmMonodi

C0QFj.jpg

qtmTQ.png

GQ14y.png

Those... those bastards...

THE ARE SPEAKING IN CODE

NEW HALF-LIFE JUST WENT GOLD

StuBurns

Banned
Yeah, I checked earlier and it had seven errors. Hopefully it'll work next time I try it.

EDIT: Nope, still no reindeer or presents. This is the kind of thing that really sours me on a game fast.

The Gift bugged on my E.Y.E, I found 2 after an hour and they didn't pop the achievement. I spent a total 2 hours killing people and got 50% Payday.

MNC

Oh my gawd. At the THQ store, when buying saints row, you get the extended download service with it. But you can remove that from the order effectively shaving off 3 pounds off it :D 18 euros for saints row 3 + DLC :D

Qatar

Damn :(
I crafter 7 coals and got 50 off Payday, I own it already.
Now I have 5 coupons and never won a game.

Oh my gawd. At the THQ store, when buying saints row, you get the extended download service with it. But you can remove that from the order effectively shaving off 3 pounds off it :D 18 euros for saints row 3 + DLC :D
I already own Saints 3 on Xbox, but I got this deal as I didn't want to pay $20 for the season pass. getting the whole game along with the season pass and the preorder bonus for just $23.50 is the best deal for Saints row 3, I don't think that we'll get a deal like this until at least after a year !

The Gift bugged on my E.Y.E, I found 2 after an hour and they didn't pop the achievement. I spent a total 2 hours killing people and got 50% Payday.

I found a gift in the tutorial and it popped the cheesemint immediately.

Never saw no reindeer, though.

such a weird fucking game I don't even

This isn't really Steam related, but there's no Gamersgate thread as far as I'm aware, and I don't want to start up a thread just for this, but Gamersgate is selling Batman: AC for £12, the cheapest I've seen it anywhere.

Not sure if the deal is active outside the UK, or if this version activates on Steam, but I thought I'd let people know.

Prophane33

If anyone's got some Paradox games/coupons they don't want...I'm just sayin'...[shameless begging]

Didn't purchase any of today's dailies, bought a few things on GamersGate that I knew for a fact would not go daily, or weren't available on steam (Crusader Kings, for example). Still hoping for Victoria franchise or Sengoku to go Daily. Since the Thanksgiving sale had EU3 and I know that Sengoku and Victoria II are games winnable as achievement gifts, I assume one or both may go daily, along with Sword of the Stars (hopefully!)

Purchase so far (on steam):
Divinity II:Dragon Knight Saga
Dungeons of Dredmore + DLC
Sacred 2

Recieved as gift from friends and GAFers/or traded coal for:
A.R.E.S. + DLC
HiB3
Counter Strike:Source
Gish
Half-Life 2
Neverwinter Nights 2:platinum

Purchased on GamersGate:
Arsenal of Democracy
Crusader Kings Complete
Darkest Hour
Europa Universalis Rome: Gold
Hearts of Iron 2 Complete
Hearts of Iron 3 Collection

and let's not even get into what I bought on GOG.
A recent PC gaming adopter trying to stock up for the year. Other than working 43 hours a week, this has been a fantastic holiday season.

MNC

Err, how does the THQ store work? I made an order, removed the EDS, entered credentials, put paypal as my option, submit order, and now nothing? I didn't even pay, and I got nothing.

Ah, it can't take my location for my order. Any fake countries I can enter?

Prophane33

This isn't really Steam related, but there's no Gamersgate thread as far as I'm aware, and I don't want to start up a thread just for this, but Gamersgate is selling Batman: AC for £12, the cheapest I've seen it anywhere.

Not sure if the deal is active outside the UK, or if this version activates on Steam, but I thought I'd let people know.

19.98 USD for those outside the UK.

Err, how does the THQ store work? I made an order, removed the EDS, entered credentials, put paypal as my option, submit order, and now nothing? I didn't even pay, and I got nothing.

PayPal wasn't working for me so I had to resort to using my CC.

It still worked despite the CC address not matching the details I put in.

Is there a thread dedicated to trading the Steam games that we're getting from the pile? I have a couple, and I'm curious what else is out there before redeeming them myself.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I have Oblivion if someone wants to trade something for it.

If anyone cares, I also have 25% off Valve games and a friend of mine has 50% off Valve games -- if anyone wants to trade something for that (for some reason).

PM me if you're interested..

sol_bad

I just received a coupon for Dawn of War 2 Retribtion.
Is the game already 50% off?

What is the point of this coupon if the game is already on sale?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
EYE would be a lot better if the conversation text was in a readable font size.

I'm kind of in the mood for for Hexen pack, which will never go on a daily... hmmmm...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Did trade achievement -> 50% off GTA Vice City (already own)
Launched EYE -> hung when I went through the first portal
Did Frozen Synapse Achievement -> 50% off Evil Genius

Hopefully I'll have better luck with Greed Corps :p

backdrifter

Neo Member
After 17 completed objectives, some trading, and two craftings, I finally claimed my first game. Bloomin' Two Worlds II - which I actually wanted - appeared when I claimed the Greed Corp achievement :)

Makes all those awful coupons that are populating my Inventory seem little more than an awful memory.

MNC

You can't purchase multiple copies of saints row? I wanted to buy 3 for friends but the site doesn't allow it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom