• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wow. E.Y.E. is really cool. If you like Deus Ex but wants STALKER levels of european PC jankplexity, this game is for you. I can see myself spending a lot of time with this. Totally blown away by the fact I didn't know about this game. What a treat.
My only real issue with it so far is enemy awareness range. I would notice someone is shooting at me, but couldn't tell where from. After looking around carefully a good while, I see that they are a speck on the horizon in the mist. How the hell could they tell I was an enemy? I wonder if it's possible to mod that...

Cynar

My friend just gifted me a copy of Magicka but he didn't
NFYmG.png

I don't know whether to tell him or not.

He might have got it free. I received a copy of it as my first gift and gifted it away since I already owned it.

Amneisac

Would anyone like to add me on Steam so I can get the trade achievement? All of my Steam friends are offline because they're either traveling or doing family stuff and I want to make sure I get as many as possible done this year because money's tight this holiday and it'd be cool to get some free stuff!

My shitty coupons available to trade just to get the achievement are:

50% off a Valve game (after the sale)
50% off Munch's Odysee (after the sale)
75% off Torchlight (after the sale)

Just add me on Steam and we can make a quick trade! I don't really care what I get, like I say I just want to get the achievement done!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/exitmusic

Doomshine

Would anyone like to add me on Steam so I can get the trade achievement? All of my Steam friends are offline because they're either traveling or doing family stuff and I want to make sure I get as many as possible done this year because money's tight this holiday and it'd be cool to get some free stuff!

My shitty coupons available to trade just to get the achievement are:

50% off a Valve game (after the sale)
50% off Munch's Odysee (after the sale)
75% off Torchlight (after the sale)

Just add me on Steam and we can make a quick trade! I don't really care what I get, like I say I just want to get the achievement done!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/exitmusic

I'm trying to add you as I want the Torchlight coupon, but Steam won't let me :/

EDIT: Invitation sent.

kamspy

My only real issue with it so far is enemy awareness range. I would notice someone is shooting at me, but couldn't tell where from. After looking around carefully a good while, I see that they are a speck on the horizon in the mist. How the hell could they tell I was an enemy? I wonder if it's possible to mod that...

There's always stealth and guile.

I'm glad to see that E.Y.E. is the fifth best selling game atm. I've just started playing it, and I think it's pretty cool and unique. So far I don't understand how it could have gotten such terrible reviews.

Smirk

Neo Member
Darn, all I earned is 1 x coal and 3 x indie games coupons. The guy I traded for achievement got a gold one! Ugh...

Vamphuntr

Man gift system is totally borked. I sent a gift to someone and it's still in my inventory and yet the recipient received an email with the gift. When he tries to redeem he gets an error. I'm stuck with a glitched game in my inventory.... Thanks Gabe.

1-D_FTW

Still willing to trade here my copy of inMomentum, saira and zombie shooter 1 and 2.

Steam gaf is pretty hardcore. I'm sure most of the people who wanted those games, donated to the bundle themselves. You could always donate the games you don't want like a lot of us did.

"Europe" (Latvia >_>)
Global digital distribution my arse, was the same with first day sale of Fable, the same with Skyrim, many Bethesda games mainly. Yes i am salty, i either have to get a serial that i can redeem in steam or elsewhere from a shady site, or i have to order from shopto, which takes at least 5 days.

No way in hell i am buying anything retail from where i am...
Is it possible to get the games via gifting? As in someone from a different region buys it and gifts it to you? Or it wouldn't let you get it anyways? Anyone know?

I missed the Renegades Ops deal for ....$2.99 on Amazon, I couldn't buy it because it can not be purchased outside US. It's still there that deal that someone could buy for me? I can pay via paypal!

I tried the demo, how is the full game?

I've had it for years. It was my (like alot of people's) first non-valve steam game. I thought it was pretty cool for a couple hours. My roommate got really addicted to the leaderboards and competing with others over tons of complete albums and stuff. The whole thing is way less mindblowing nowadays with stuff like beat hazard and what-not, but at the time I remember being just amazed.

tl;dr: it's okay.

I've had it for years. It was my (like alot of people's) first non-valve steam game. I thought it was pretty cool for a couple hours. My roommate got really addicted to the leaderboards and competing with others over tons of complete albums and stuff. The whole thing is way less mindblowing nowadays with stuff like beat hazard and what-not, but at the time I remember being just amazed.

tl;dr: it's okay.

Ok, thanks. I might wait then but getting it for the achievement is tempting.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How is Fate of the World as a game?

Personally I did not like it because of its quite high difficulty but also because I felt like I was never "in control" of what was happening. Both the RNG elements and the imprecise nature of the cards made me less than enthralled.

My haul so far:

E.Y.E 4 pack
Renegade Ops (amazon)
Dungeon Defenders (amazon)
Dungeons of Dreadmore
Psychonauts
Deus Ex : The Missing Link (gamersgate)
Magicka (gifted)

So far so good. All I really want is Rock of Ages.

BioHazard

C'mon Steam gimmie some good deals on my birthday! Preferably Farming Simulator 2011, I want 75% off! And Demolition Company Gold 75% off!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I have 7 coals and I want to craft them but with my luck I think I'm going to get another coal :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom