• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Really wish that Risen was half of what it is right now. $7.50 seems like a reasonable price for it, $15 not so much.

ElRenoRaven

Is it just me but this has been a shitty Steam winter sale so far?

Prob just me.

Not just you. It's been mediocre at best. The achievements keep churning out tons of useless damn coupons for everyone and the deals have been beaten a lot of times by Amazon and other sites. Then throw in Steam pretty much being useless for anything but your gameplaying and well yes it has sucked.

Vamphuntr

Not just you. It's been mediocre at best. The achievements keep churning out tons of useless damn coupons for everyone and the deals have been beaten a lot of times by Amazon and other sites. Really has been pretty sorry.

Yeah Amazon has been pretty amazing. 2$ Dungeon Defenders and Renegade Ops + DLC and 5$ Risen.

It doesn't help that the Valve servers can't handle the stress at all.

jediyoshi

Thinking about it, it's a little funky they'd make a game that already had an objective active, on sale after the fact. Seems a lot of people would be driven to buy it the day the objective goes up first. Steam reinforcing the golden rule.

froliq

Prob just me.

Looks like a great sale once again. The problem is just that you probably own most of the things. I'm having that problem atleast.

Gonna bite on Renegade Ops today, first buy of this sale. CC didn't work so I missed the Amazon deal.

anddo0

Damn Skyrim is a good deal. I could sell my 360 version and basically get it for free. Decisions, decisions

Too bad the credit from my PS3 trade-in is sitting with Amazon.

I may still pull the trigger though.. If it weren't the crappy PS3 version I'd be playing the game.

Not just you. It's been mediocre at best. The achievements keep churning out tons of useless damn coupons for everyone and the deals have been beaten a lot of times by Amazon and other sites. Then throw in Steam pretty much being useless for anything but your gameplaying and well yes it has sucked.

Okay I honestly thought it was just me. Such a shame...I hope they don't continue this trend. :\

I've bought a lot less than I normally have, but it's just you. You probably already own most everything.

Yeah I own a good amount of games so I am sure that contributes to it.

Why isn't Puzzle Quest 2 on sale at all? :(

Bejeweled 3 is on sale. Just get that instead. I've poured a hundred hours into Puzzle Quest 2 and that was just so I could say I beat it. Many of them were not as enjoyable as the time I've spent on Bejeweled 3 on my iPhone. B3 is a much better game by every standard except for grittyness.

In Europe, if you don't import from the UK, you need your head checked.

Alas I'm not. Still, if Amazon brings that price to our side of the pond, that'll pretty much be TKO for this holiday sale.

They swore up and down they'd have the best prices on nearly every title this year, so it wouldn't surprise me.

manhack

Are you fucking kidding me on the Renegade Ops achievement. You seriously going to make me pay for dlc to get the achievement in you lazy, delayed pc port. And the dlc not even on sale.

2.99 for Renegade ops and DLC was on Amazon.com last week. Glad I snatched now.

P.S. I agree that needing DLC sucks.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
I have a 75% off coupon for Risen, if anyone wants to trade. Preferably for a >33% Bethesda coupon, but pm me with what you have.

Minsc

Gold Member

Prob just me.

I've been finding something pretty much every day. Today's Hard Reset for me, finally bit on Rage yesterday, Arkham City before that, and there's a decent amount of non-daily deals I'll scoop up by the end of the sale too. I'm curious though, what are a handful of things you'd want to see that'd make it a good sale?

We had Arkham City for 50% off, that was a pretty big one, and stuff like Skyrim for 33% off today is pretty good too. I do think it's unrealistic to want $5 sales on $50/60 new releases from the 2nd half of this year myself, so I'm not expecting anything like that.

ShaneB

Bejeweled 3 is on sale. Just get that instead. I've poured a hundred hours into Puzzle Quest 2 and that was just so I could say I beat it. Many of them were not as enjoyable as the time I've spent on Bejeweled 3 on my iPhone. B3 is a much better game by every standard except for grittyness.

But, but, but..... it's not Puzzle Quest 2 :(

Your recommendation is appreciated though, maybe I will pick it up

RiverBed

Banned
Renegade Ops for $5.09
The game looks amazing with graphics and FX to drool over!
renegade-ops-20110503115322578_640w.jpg

mxgt

Banned
Woo, Hard Reset and Jamestown, first 2 games I wanted on this sale.

Renegade Ops is amazing fun for anyone on the fence, fantastic co op

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I think the sales are great..I think its just other places like Amazon are getting on board the big digital sales race and now there's more competition..before no one had sales like steam..now lots do.

cicero

Are you fucking kidding me on the Renegade Ops achievement. You seriously going to make me pay for dlc to get the achievement in you lazy, delayed pc port. And the dlc not even on sale.
Both the new DLC and the game itself were on sale on amazon.com for $3 yesterday. Redeemable on Steam, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom