• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm24

According to the achievement Wiki, Renegade Ops' achievement requires the Coldstrike DLC, is that correct?

Horrible decision if so, locking the achievement out unless you purchase DLC.

If you had the game prior to today, you already have the dlc. Shows up in your view downloadable content tab if you right click the game in your library

Volcynika

Neither do I but I expected them to be a little more competitive. Tropico is 5 bucks on Amazon but was 13 when it was a Steam daily; almost 3x more. I highly doubt Deus Ex will be 10 on Steam too if it gets a daily. The publishers set the prices, no? They could be trying to undercut Steam lulz.

As far as I know the publishers and such do agree on prices to set for the dailies, so ya never know.

Not sure how Amazon works on it though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wish Morrowind was on daily deal as part of an Elder Scrolls Franchise sale. I know it's only $10 as it is, but I was hoping it would go to maybe $5 on daily. I just want to get a steam copy as I don't have one. :p

To buy Skrim or not to buy... I am not going to bite just yet methinks. Also a shame Morrowind didn't get a daily deal.

This sale has been lackluster for me so far. Only bought The Witcher for 2.50 or however much it was.

Safe today, unless I choose to gift a game or two. Think I'll just re-download a few games I already own and farm sale achievements. Every time I read that someone (StuBurns) gets Dota 2 as a gift, it spurs me on.

I've been waiting for a sale on Skyrim, but did it have to happen on Christmas Eve? I'm not sure if maybe my brother gifted it to me or not. Decisions decisions.

Sysgen

Neither do I but I expected them to be a little more competitive. Tropico is 5 bucks on Amazon but was 13 when it was a Steam daily; almost 3x more. I highly doubt Deus Ex will be 10 on Steam too if it gets a daily. The publishers set the prices, no? They could be trying to undercut Steam lulz.

I don't think they set them on Amazon which I believe why you don't see all ( Bethesda titles ) on there. Total speculation though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Arggh you need the DLC for renegade ops for the achievement? That's kinda sucky. Guess I won't be getting that coal then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom