• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talyn

I was just about to buy Hard Reset, until I found out there's going to be an extended edition.

I'll wait for that one instead
Yeah I'm in the same boat. The extended part will probably end up on Steam as DLC at some point but I'm not taking the chance on that happening. I'll just wait until it's released and on sale at some point in the future. Too many games on my backlog already anyway.

Right Click the game on your Library, go to Proprieties, go to DLC. Is it listed there?

You can always buy DLC you own. Steam Store doesn't always say you already have it.

Edit: apparently only the host of the 4-pack gets the DLC. It's a bug i'm guessing. Oh well.

I saw this and thought I might as well buy the 4 pack for myself because its cheaper than the game + DLC, and then I didn't get the DLC. So now I have 3 giftable copies of Renegade Ops. If anyone wants one I'll gift you them if you paypal me £2. PM me.

Nelo Ice

Banned
If the past few days have taught me anything, it's that Steam won't go cheaper than Amazon's dailies

Next year we might need an all-purpose holiday sales thread, or something

Yep steam wont, their usual max discount is 75% off and rarely will u see any game go to 80% off or more. Amazons pretty much said fuck that and has regularly been putting games up for 80% off or more.

legacyzero

Banned
It's 13$ at Amazon right now and the game is steamworks. I don't think it will be cheaper on Steam during the sale....

EDIT : Beaten like Gabe is with Amazon's prices
HOLY SHIT I DIDN"T EVEN KNOW THAT!

I admit. I'm Guilty. I snagged Human Revolution off Amazon like a pizza at a Weight Watchers convention.

I'm probably gonna pick that up.

SmithnCo

So after trying all the levels, I think I'm going to skip the Super Meat Boy achievements this time around.

There are a couple tricks that make getting through one level easy. You can jump over the walls in the Sweater (IIRC) level which is probably the easiest. There's also a trick that lets you warp horizontally across levels easily by putting the game in windowed mode and pressing alt while moving.

Okay, Hard Reset is awesome. BUY BUY BUY.

I really hate modern FPS games (look I'm hiding behind a rock, this is so fun), so this is a refreshing change of pace.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I would trade some coupons if someone wants to call my local pizza place and get me 2 large pizzas. Offer's on the table folks.

cicero

So what's with the hard reset extended edition? Wondering if I should get the game now or just wait for the extended edition.

The Hard Reset Extended Edition retail March 2012 release will have 5 new levels, 4 new enemies, a new boss fight, 2 survival mode stages, added plot elements, as well as improved visuals. As of about 2 weeks ago I hadn't read of any specifics regarding what their plans are for purchasers of the original digital edition.

But Civ 4 isn't Steam Play. It happened during that limbo period when Mac support had been introduced but Steam Play wasn't fully operational, or something like that.

It is marked as Steam play on it´s store page, and should behave as such. Valve support has acknowledged the issue, and said that they would fix it, but then haven´t. All other mac products are filtered out in the windows client, so of course they can fix this if they want to.

NBtoaster

What's with people saying this is a bad sale? If Renegade Ops, Hard Reset and Skyrim at this price don't satisfy I don't know what will.

Rokal

I'd honestly wait for amazon to price match the Renegade Ops deal.

They actually had it for $3 for the last few days, and it included the DLC as well. Not sure if they'll do it again, it was part of the Sega sale.

Game is great though, my favorite find of Steam Winter Sale 2011.

Edit: beaten

Nelo Ice

Banned
The Hard Reset Extended Edition retail March 2012 release will have 5 new levels, 4 new enemies, a new boss fight, 2 survival mode stages, added plot elements, as well as improved visuals. As of about 2 weeks ago I hadn't read of any specifics regarding what their plans are for purchasers of the original digital edition.

Just saw this on the steam forums from I think one of the devs.

All i know is that the expansion will be available on Steam. As soon as I know more I will let you know.

Yeah, but it seems like a lot of people missed out on it.
Not to mention it was up for 2 days, guess I need to spam this thread and bump my Amazon threads more lol.

JJBro One

Should I get skyrim now or wait until the hard copy goes on sale since it also uses steamworks? I heard that the hard copy is more reliable. Can I install it on 2 different accounts with the hard copy? I want my brother to play as well.

Okay here's a weird one...anybody have this happen? My Deus Ex HR download got to 84%, paused on its own and won't start up again. I'm not in game, not downloading anything else, plenty of room on my hard drive. Do I need to dump it and start over or something? If I try to download something else it starts up just fine.

Not to mention it was up for 2 days, guess I need to spam this thread and bump my Amazon threads more lol.

This is why I think an all-purpose holiday sales thread might be a better idea next year.

Insured

Wow, okay. Three runs through so far.
It can get pretty tiring if you don't get lucky. I got tired of trying after four runs, then asked if my little brother wants to try the game out. He ran into santa on the first run, and I kept screaming at him to chase him and shoot it down -_-

Danj

Quick'n'dirty Gabe trollface edit:

d2jKb.png

Wanted to animate the mouth (have it spin upside down) but apparently Paint.NET doesn't do animated gifs :(

The_Monk

Okay here's a weird one...anybody have this happen? My Deus Ex HR download got to 84%, paused on its own and won't start up again. I'm not in game, not downloading anything else, plenty of room on my hard drive. Do I need to dump it and start over or something? If I try to download something else it starts up just fine

Hey, same happening to me but it's with another game. Stopped at 88% mine and won't download. I've restarted Steam, still nothing.

Might be some issues with steam..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom