• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverBed

Banned
Skyrim sale is attractive, but I have too many immediate games I want to play first that by the time I am ready for Skyrim it'll be even cheaper. I have Skyrim and The Witcher 2 on my wishlist for a future, and cheaper, purchase. :)

ezekial45

Banned
I'm having the exact same problem i had with the Renegade Ops amazon sale for the Dead Island one. The site brings me to an error screen after putting my info in.

It's fucking frustrating.

Got the Xmas Renegade Ops achievement 1/2 way through my second run, and now I have 7 coal. I'm scared to roll the dice. Anyone want to just trade me 7 coal for a game?

So how long does the Crimecraft achievement take to do? Because if it takes any more than an hour then hell no.

I'm wondering about this as well, is it worth downloading all the stuff or does it take a long time to even get to the achievement. I was already unhappy about how long the Spiral Knights one took and that wasn't even an hour.

Vamphuntr

I'm having the exact same problem i had with the Renegade Ops amazon sale for the Dead Island one. The site brings me to an error screen after putting my info in.

It's fucking frustrating.

Check your account's page and make sure a card is linked to your shipping address. It did that error too for me and once I checked and updated my info the error screen disappeared.

coopolon

Haha, when I first played the Jamestown tutorial I thought I was actually supposed to push the buttons. So when it said "Hold A to fire primary" I did. When it said hold X to fire secondary I did. What I didn't know was that it's actually just a movie, and the way you quit is by holding a button. So I didn't hold A long enough to quit, but I did hold X long enough to quit and I thought the tutorial was over.

Start the game, I have no idea why some bullets kill me and others don't, I don't even know vault is, or what all these gold coins do, or why my life meter up in the top left doesn't seem to correspond to when I die or don't die.

I beat the first two levels, got the ship, got the achievement, still thinking this game is terrible because it doesn't explain anything to you. Figuring I must have missed a tutorial I go back, do the exact same thing, still think I must have missed something, try it again and finally figure it out.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I feel like when you put the ship on screen and say "Hold A to fire" most people are going to hold A!

I've never played a real shmup before, but it seems pretty fun. I eventually was able to beat the first two levels without any credits on easy, and it was a lot of fun getting better.

Should I get skyrim now or wait until the hard copy goes on sale since it also uses steamworks? I heard that the hard copy is more reliable. Can I install it on 2 different accounts with the hard copy? I want my brother to play as well.

The hard copy is not 'more reliable.' They use the exact same data. Where the hell did you hear this? Just buy the digital copy.

Talyn

how is E.y.E thinking about buying
It seems to be a love it or hate it game. I bought it but haven't played too much. The tiny font on my laptop was annoying, I know that much and while it claims to have controller support it only recognized the main stick on my xbox360 pad. (Again, laptop.) If you play it the proper way (KB+M) or set up a profile with xpadder or something if you must use a gamepad, shouldn't be an issue.

ElRenoRaven

If you think this is bad just wait for Champions Online.

Hey Champions online is pretty fun for an hour here and there. The achievement in it is pretty easy too. Oh and yea. today's freebie one sucked total ass. I can't believe I did it even though I wasn't going to. Such a shitty game and a pain in the ass to get working. Just awful awful that game is.

So what's with the hard reset extended edition? Wondering if I should get the game now or just wait for the extended edition.

Coming in March 2012, Hard Reset: Extended Edition will be a standalone expansion with five new levels, four new enemies, upgraded graphics, and “additional gameplay elements”

ElRenoRaven

Challenge accepted! Dowloading now.

Champions isn't bad. Don't let him fool you. It plays a lot like DCUO when using a 360 controller. Leveling is easy enough and once you get out of the starting area you're level enough to go around the lowbie area looking for presents. It's easy too when you use a flight based travel power. Took me 20 mins of searching to do it.

mrgone

Coming in March 2012, Hard Reset: Extended Edition will be a standalone expansion with five new levels, four new enemies, upgraded graphics, and “additional gameplay elements”

Hopefully they just pull a Witcher and replace the old version with the new version :)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
would it be possible someone could gift me serious sam 3 dont get paid till next and wanna play it lol.

G-Fex

can someone help me out? This isn't about the sale

I used to have something I downloaded that would play DOOM/FINAL DOOM a little better .

Can someone tell me what that was? It worked with steam, was it zDoom?

Vamphuntr

Champions isn't bad. Don't let him fool you. It plays a lot like DCUO when using a 360 controller. Leveling is easy enough and once you get out of the starting area you're level enough to go around the lowbie area looking for presents. It's easy too when you use a flight based travel power. Took me 20 mins of searching to do it.

I just hope I can create the ugliest character ever conceived. The disgust of the hardcore players should entertain me enough while I search for those presents.

Divius

Aren't people like getting entire free games when they do those little assignments? Why do I keep getting coal? I WANT BETTER FREE STUFF.

Rokal

If you think this is bad just wait for Champions Online.

It's going to be awful when it's the daily goal. Finding enough presents for the achievement was a pain in the ass even without a bunch of other people trying at the same time.

mrgone

I just hope I can create the ugliest character ever conceived. The disgust of the hardcore players should entertain me enough while I search for those presents.

Is the character creator like City of Heroes? I remember having way more fun making dumb heroes than actually playing the game :) I'm thinking it might not allow quite as much ridiculousness with the game based on a franchise and all

Is the character creator like City of Heroes? I remember having way more fun making dumb heroes than actually playing the game :) I'm thinking it might not allow quite as much ridiculousness with the game based on a franchise and all

The problem with City of Heroes character creator was that you had to pay for a cape and other basic super hero stuff. smh

I had fun making my character in Champions, playing with it was not as boring as expected.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Anyone up for Renegade Ops Four Pack, PM me!
I'm not buying it anymore: too many people are saying that it doesn't come with the DLC.

However, this dude just added me on Steam and said that yes, it does come with the DLC. The copy as not for me and the person that was going to receive it is not willing to try to get it on chance alone.

If somebody wants to, talk to him here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039869914/

Again, he's not my friend or anything, just a dude without a GAF account with 3 copies of the game that wants to trade them up.

Edit: Just like to add that I traded it with him and the gift says it has the DLC built in. It's for a friend that's away traveling, so I can't 100% confirm it, but... It seems like the real deal.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Aren't people like getting entire free games when they do those little assignments? Why do I keep getting coal? I WANT BETTER FREE STUFF.

my stats thus far, the Steam gods have been smiling upon me

9 Coal
4 Coupons (Valve, Hacker Evo, L4D2, The Ball)
4 Games (Oddworld, Hard Reset, Napoleon: Total War, L4D2)

gifted 2 of the games, now downloading crimecraft -_-

bender

What time is it?
I'm wondering about this as well, is it worth downloading all the stuff or does it take a long time to even get to the achievement. I was already unhappy about how long the Spiral Knights one took and that wasn't even an hour.

I got the achievement in my first match with a few seconds to spare so it isn't much of a time sink. If you are having a problem getting the game to run properly, download this patch:

http://patch.crimecraft.com/Patches/BT/launcher/SteamLauncher.exe

They also bind the snowball to F1 so you might want to reconfigure your keys before going into the holiday event or suffer a hand cramp.

Divius

5 coal, 2 coupons for me. I'm broke as fuck due to the damn holidays and there are some games I wanted to buy that had those achievements but I couldn't.

Im having a problem with hard reset. For whatever reason, the game keeps trying to load in 3D mode. I have 3d disabled and no other game is giving me this issue. Anyone know what's up?

mrgone

The problem with City of Heroes character creator was that you had to pay for a cape and other basic super hero stuff. smh

I had fun making my character in Champions, playing with it was not as boring as expected.

Really? Geez, that's pretty awful. I played in the time before capes. The silver age of thug punching in similar buildings, if you will. I think I'm definitely gonna install Champions now :)

Vamphuntr

Goddamn Defcon tutorial doesn't work. I can sort of work the game out but not well enough to nuke Santa. Damnit.

Santa's is making the tutorial crash. Switch your clock to november and the tutorial will work. After you've done it set it back to the date today for Santa to spawn.

Ubersnug

Goddamn Defcon tutorial doesn't work. I can sort of work the game out but not well enough to nuke Santa. Damnit.

Just set up a single player game with no enemies and wait till defcon 1. Then just launch your own nukes around your own country till you catch Santa in a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom