• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh fuck, FUCK, FUCK!!! It completely forgot about the improved version coming out, i even fumed in the thread about it.
Fucking ell. Can i feel angry about spending less than £4 on a decent game?
Yes, yes i bloody am.

What? It's a standalone, so it likely won't include the original game. Consider it an expansion pack. You lose no value by owning the original.

For anyone still uncertain of the Renegade Ops DLC situation: When you buy the 4-pack, the buyer does NOT get DLC, but the 3 gift copies DO get DLC. Knowing this, I bought the 4-pack, checked the lack of DLC, used one of the extra copies to get the DLC, and sent the others to friends. Totally worth it given the price of the single game w/o dlc. :)

Oh fuck, FUCK, FUCK!!! It completely forgot about the improved version coming out, i even fumed in the thread about it.
Fucking ell. Can i feel angry about spending less than £4 on a decent game?
Yes, yes i bloody am.

It's a standalone expansion, not the same game with more content.

Thrakier

Bought Hard Reset, I played the demo and thought it was fucking awesome. Just fast, great ego shooter action with a strong sense for style. Almost UT-like. Fun.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So Binding of Isaac was one of my first gifts I got (since then I've gotten nothing but coals and coupons).

Gave up on trading it and decided to just unpack it. It's a ... weird game. I think I'm starting to get into rogue likes between this and DoD. At least rogue-like lites.

Ran into the Xmas Achievment on my 3rd attempt. I didn't even know who he was or what the achievement was, but once he gave me coal I figured it must have been the for the winter gift pile.

I'll probably get at least 5 hours out of just trying it, try to kill mom at least once or twice, so I'm pretty happy overall with the gift pile thing! Got this for free, maybe I'll get something else by the end.

I definitely made up my mind I am not doing any not fun achievements though, just going to get the ones that look like a good time/will motivate me to play a game I haven't tried yet.

The one problem I have with rogue likes is this idea that you dont' know what anything does and there are tons of items and powers. I feel like to really learn what things I'd either have to wiki it (boring) or play a ton to the point where I memorize it all, which is also never going to happen.

The better roguelikes allow you to identify items without resorting to wikis or memorization.

For example, in Nethack colored potions are random every time you play a game. What does this white potion do? One way to find out is to drink it, but that could lead to very bad consequences. Another way is to throw it at an enemy. If they fall asleep then you know it's a sleeping potion, and from now on you can rename white potion to sleeping potion. And there even more ways to found out what an item does within the game itself.

Binding of Isaac is an enjoyable game, but I find it a stretch to call it "roguelike". Dungeons of Dredmor is definitely a roguelike, and other roguelikes which are friendly to beginners are Pokemon Dungeon, Chocobo Dungeon, and Shiren the Wanderer.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Quick'n'dirty Gabe trollface edit:

d2jKb.png

Wanted to animate the mouth (have it spin upside down) but apparently Paint.NET doesn't do animated gifs :(
Motherfucker.

Nabs

I am loving Costume Quest. This game could use a simple 20 min demo. I would have snatched it up on release. Thanks again, ROBO.

Does the CrimeCraft achievement take long? Trying to figure if I should even bother...

It depends on how well you do. It could take 3-5 games if you're getting a lot of kills. Also remember that the game is 10 gigs.

Tomodachi

Never even launched it before (I got it from a recent indie bundle, can't even remember which since they seem to pop like mushrooms lately), but today I did for the achievement, and oh is Jamestown good.
I don't even like shooters, especially bullet hells, but this is so good. Buy it, minna-san.

C_H_T

Tried 26 times to get the Spiral Knights Achievement with nothing to show for it.

So frustrating.

are u playing it on a EU server?

Spiral Knights
Son of a Nutcracker!
Hit an opponent with a snowball in Lockdown.
How to:

You have to enter the Lockdown game mode (the crossed swords in the upper right corner of the screen). The Lockdown maps get rotated randomly. You can only get the achievement on the snowy map so if you don't see snow everywhere after the load screen finishes, you may as well try again. (This achievement seems to fail on EU servers, you may need to disconnect and reconnect to an US server)

http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_Objectives#Upcoming_Objectives

Rufus

I think getting to Frostbite might be what's screwing some people, since it randomly chooses which arena you go to. Luckily I got there first try.

Talyn

Got And Yet It Moves in a humble bundle and decided to play it for the achievement. Result? 50% off Amnesia which I already own. Wish I could trade that for some real amnesia to forget I ever played And Yet It Moves. Maybe then the feeling that the room is spinning around me IRL would go away. o_O

Tomodachi

Got And Yet It Moves in a humble bundle and decided to play it for the achievement. Result? 50% off Amnesia which I already own. Wish I could trade that for some real amnesia to forget I ever played And Yet It Moves. Maybe then the feeling that the room is spinning around me IRL would go away. o_O
Yeah, used to give me motion sickness on fullscreen. I now can play it fairly safely in window mode tho. Still no luck with the achievement though, any suggestion on the level I should try it?

I bought EDGE on a whim since it looked and sounded nice and I liked the other two Two Tribes games on Steam. Firstly, I had to look up a solution for the achievement (first time this sale), I don't see how you'd figure that out on your own.
Normal Level 1, you have to spin around the exit block to open a path to the top where the second switch lies.
Hmm, otherwise I'm not sure I'm feeling the game. I guess it's a speedrun game but the control of the cube is rather unstable, making the sensation of doing speedruns a little troublesome.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Really now, people having trouble with Crime Craft? It was pretty much easy. Only hurdle you have to go through is the download (5gb). Hell, it's much easier compared to the some of the non-free achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom