• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which F2P achievements are worth doing? I'm not particularly interested in levelling up a character for hours just to get it.

Crimecraft is the shortest and can be done in 20-30 minutes.

Rise of Immortals can take 30 minutes - 1 hour.

Not sure about Spiral Knights... the achievement itself is easy to get, but it's based on some amount of good luck and if you don't have that luck, you could spend a while grinding.

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
Which F2P achievements are worth doing? I'm not particularly interested in levelling up a character for hours just to get it.
As bad as GAF made it sound, Spiral Knights isn't to offensive. The monetisation is what makes it terrible, but if your just going to play it for the achievement, it's sort of like Zelda with cutesy graphics. You can just run through the first dungeon to get enough crowns then queue up for the arena/pvp thing and your set.

inky

What is giving you guys trouble with the Crimecraft achievement? A couple friends and I got it within 3 rounds.

Mine was bugged I think. I played like 10 rounds (got to lvl 7, had around 800 pvp points) and it hadn't popped. Was going to give up, but I figured I'd give it one last try with a new character on a different server and got it in my first round.

You people don't want to know what I got for my troubles.

Firebrand

As bad as GAF made it sound, Spiral Knights isn't to offensive. The monetisation is what makes it terrible, but if your just going to play it for the achievement, it's sort of like Zelda with cutesy graphics. You can just run through the first dungeon to get enough crowns then queue up for the arena/pvp thing and your set.
Yeah, I did Spiral Knights, was quick since I had a character from earlier to get the TF2 hat.

Patching Rusty Hearts now... I hope these games don't install a lot of anti-cheat junk in my Windows system services.

EDIT: "Patcher Updated Complete, Try Again." Uh.. huh.
EDIT2: Oh goddammit, i can't register an account every goddamn name is taken.

1-D_FTW

And with Alice, I pop my Holiday sale cherry.

I just don't trust EA enough to linger with this. And 7.50 is well within my CAG acceptance range.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
MW3 seems to be a daily with 25% off

mxgt

Banned
MW3 discounted is still costs the same/more than new PC releases
KuGsj.gif

Pretty bad deals today

alright this is like the 10th time i am eying Killing Floor, what do you guys think? worth it? there is no 4 pack available though hmm also which DLC is best to get with it?

Two more pieces of coal? Man, Steam is really urging me to craft them for instant disappointment rather than delayed disappointment.

No Cave Story or Costume Quest achievement...were those troll updates?

McNum

Are the Overlord games any good?

Those are the ones where you play an evil overlord and raise minions to... do evil overlord things, right?

Edit: Also free objective today! I always keep my wishlist at 10, ever since the first contest to win the top ten of my wishlist started. You never know, but it pays to be prepared to be lucky, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom