• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I love crazy shmups like Dodonpachi. Is Jamestown worth it?

I was thinking of going for the Jamestown Deluxe pack.
I hear the highest difficulty is somewhat crazy but it never goes into mega-bullet hell. Then again what do I know about the genre, I'm fairly apathetic toward it.

While people advice getting Humble Bundle (this contains the game and soundtrack) bear in mind the DLC of 3 extra ships is missing.

Game sucks.
(Atom Zomibe smasher) While it didn't think it was Game of the Year like some in the OT there is a demo and I'd advise people spend 10 minutes with that. I got 10 hours of fun out of it anyway.

Bastion was already at $5. I doubt it'll go lower, it might show up again on the last day of the sale.
After Orcs Must die was 75% off on 24th Npovember, 6th December and 20th December (source) I'd like to think there is no such thing as "but it was no sale recently".

1-D_FTW

Plus, Bastion has a Scavenger Achievement. So I'm sure it'll be a DD on that day. Only question is whether it'll be 66% again, or whether they amp it up to 75% this time.

Wark

I'm really thinking about picking up Alice: Madness Returns, but I just kinda wish it came with the original title as well. I guess $7.49 is a steal and I DO have the original physical copy around somewhere.

Do you mean the Deus Ex: HR DLC? It's $5.00 on gamersgate and activates on steam.

That's so tempting. I really enjoyed the base game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Since I unlocked the KF cheevo a couple weeks ago and my wishlist is well over 10 games, I got to wake up to two new lumps of coal in my inventory. Thanks (fuck you) Valve!

Anyways, I'm in a buying mood but nothing in this sale appeals to me that I don't already own. What a poop lineup.

Oh man, first time I've felt bad about saving money. I was going to be Prelude today with whatever happened to be on sale. X3 is so unique that I like to know that they are being rewarded. Oh well, hopefully they get a nice boost in sales. :)

Ifrit

I see Fallout 3 GOTY still haven't reached the $5 mark

I guess I'll pass again, I can wait a little more. Still need to finish FO2

anddo0

I stand corrected. I remember it being $5 this month.. You guys are right, it was part of the wishlist sale, not the Christmas.

Danj

The Amazon Rep on CAG says MW3 will be $35.

For the Amazon.com digital stuff, can you use Amazon gift certificates to pay? My mom agreed to get me Steam Sale stuff as a Christmas present during the sale period, but I don't think she'll want to change the address on her Amazon account.

arab

ok i got the killing floor achievement on december 8th but i don't have an item in my inventory. how do i redeem it?

I think the problem is I own 6 (Killing Floor, Fallout 3, CoD:MW3, Alice, Nuclear Dawn and both Overlord's) of the 7 (Batman Arkham Asylum) daily deals I'm interested in and I'd only be re-buying Arkham Asylum to play it at some later date after Arkham City.

I was going to buy the Fallout New Vegas DLC but then I forgot I bought the Bethesda pack back during Quake Con and already own it all.

Sober

The Atom Zombie Smasher achievement is easy, I figured it out by wave 3. If you haven't played the game before, hit the - key to reduce the game speed to maybe 20% or 30%, or even 10% if you need it.

Also, I dunno if it mentioned it but you need to left click like a crazy person because that fires the guns properly. Before I was just telling the chopper to move (use the line to find where it is since it's up in the air) and it would sometimes fire intermittently in its circle.

Also your population can be thin as hell, I think I had maybe 50 people left at the end. Do whatever you want, drop bombs on em for all I care because it just made it easier to contain them (they all corralled in the top left) and it means you only need to fend off so many entrances before they stop coming in and you don't need to worry about the zeds chomping on more people leading to more zeds chomping on other groups of people ad infinitum. After that you mop up when the waves are all out.

Vigilance

For the Amazon.com digital stuff, can you use Amazon gift certificates to pay? My mom agreed to get me Steam Sale stuff as a Christmas present during the sale period, but I don't think she'll want to change the address on her Amazon account.

You should be fine, I paid for most of my Battlefield 3 download purchase with my gift card balance.

ok i got the killing floor achievement on december 8th but i don't have an item in my inventory. how do i redeem it?

I got it during the guest pass time which ended yesterday and got the same problem. Maybe I shouldn't have delete the local content or do the achievements only count during the guest pass time?

Eternia

How is X3 for $5? It sure looks pretty.
If you're willing to invest many hours into it to learn how the game works, it's a pretty unique experience. The game world is huge and you'll eventually work towards controlling many key points of it with a massive trade network (with your own ships and stations) or using a military fleet to suppress an incoming alien force.

Also for anyone purchasing today, it seems like the general consensus is X3 Terran Conflict would be the best place to start (possibly along with the expansion). Older games are a bit harder to get into with missing features, etc. There are also a lot of mods available that can automate certain actions more smoothly than the default interface.

Segnit

Banned
Some help needed please.

I'm trying to buy the entire Valve catalog. Problem is that I own 7 or 8 of the games on the list. Does anyone know if it's possible to gift away the games I already own when purchasing the bundle?

Edit: This is the message I'm getting

Steam said:
† Note: You already own the following items in "Valve Complete Pack". You will not receive extra copies of these items when you complete this purchase:
Half-Life 2
Counter-Strike: Source
Counter-Strike: Source Beta
Half-Life: Source
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Portal
Team Fortress 2

Nabs

Some help needed please.

I'm trying to buy the entire Valve catalog. Problem is that I own 7 or 8 of the games on the list. Does anyone know if it's possible to gift away the games I already own when purchasing the bundle?

Nope.

Sober

Some help needed please.

Valve is usually good with extra copies of their own games but for the complete pack I don't think so. The message just reinforces that too, sadly.

Isn't X3 basically single-player EVE? It looks cool, but having played (playing) EVE, I'd have to pass.

In a way, kinda. It has the ability to manage an 'empire'. But you can also play it as a space shooter in various size ships, including frigates etc. It's not Freespace 2 dogfighting quality, but it is fun. And the community has tons of amazing mods + guides to play.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I want ModBro 3 on PC but my girlfriend just bought me the PS3 version for Chrimbus. If only Activision weren't so stingy with their sales....

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Crafted my coal and man I have no luck at all. Haven't gotten a single game.

failotvmk.png

Ifrit

Would be an awesome twist if Valve somehow release HL3 between January and March of next year, when coupons are still usable

StuBurns

Banned
Is TokiTori any good? How long do I have to play for the achievement?
Would be an awesome twist if Valve somehow release HL3 between January and March of next year, when coupons are still usable
Tokens only count for games already released by Janurary 2nd I believe, so it'd also be a nice troll. The ultimate Valve release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom