• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

For anyone who has Football Manager 2012 but doesn't know how to get the secret Christmas achievement they've been hinting at on Twitter, here's what you do:

Arrange a friendly (for any in-game date) with FC Santa Claus of Finland. When they accept the friendly proposal, you'll get the achievement.

You may want to make the friendly an away match, otherwise Santa Claus might not accept as it's too far for them to travel.

You can only complete this between the 24th and 26th of December (real dates, in-game date doesn't matter).

syllogism

Why would you craft your coal when it's basically like trading 7 coal for 1.5 achievements (would be 1 if it weren't for the fact you can't get more coal)? Much better to trade it away

StuBurns

Banned
Why would you craft your coal when it's basically like trading 7 coal for 1.5 achievements (would be 1 if it weren't for the fact you can't get more coal)? Much better to trade it away

It's the nature of gambling. Could you trade seven coals for some very cheap game? Maybe, could you get The Witcher 2 or Deus Ex? No.

Go hard or go home coal miners.

RS4-

Hrm, Garry's Mod and Deux EX HR showed up in my gift pile lol.

Still have 3 coal though! And I still have to do that trade coal for coal to get achievement.

deleted

Today was the first time that I thought about buying a game just for the achievement.
Sneaky bastards at valve.

Hard reset would have been worth it, I guess, but I'll buy it sometime in the future, when my backlog is a little smaller.

Also: How is Football Manager 2012 not available in Germany of all regions? It's not like football is popular around here...

Ifrit

Is TokiTori any good? How long do I have to play for the achievement?
Tokens only count for games already released by Janurary 2nd I believe, so it'd also be a nice troll. The ultimate Valve release.

The game is fun, took me like an hour and a half to get the achievements from scratch, some of the snowflaskes are pretty tricky to get.

I think you can also use a save game or something to make it quicker

StuBurns

Banned
Hrm, Garry's Mod and Deux EX HR showed up in my gift pile lol.

Still have 3 coal though! And I still have to do that trade coal for coal to get achievement.

I'll do coal for coal if you want, same name as on here.

Thanks Ifrit, I'll take a punt on it.

EDIT: I just hit 100 games on Steam, exciting stuff.

They're mostly trash of course, but still.

syllogism

It's the nature of gambling. Could you trade seven coals for some very cheap game? Maybe, could you get The Witcher 2 or Deus Ex? No.

Go hard or go home coal miners.
But if that cheap game is a gift pile achievement game, it's definitely better than crafting and you probably don't have to pay 7 coal for it

Jomjom

Banned
Crafted my coal and man I have no luck at all. Haven't gotten a single game.

failotvmk.png

That looks an awful lot like my inventory screen, except my coupons are even worse.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Would be an awesome twist if Valve somehow release HL3 between January and March of next year, when coupons are still usable

The coupons are only for games released before january 2nd 2012.

edit: beaten.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

That would require finding someone stupid enough to actually trade for coal. I don't think there are people that low on the genetic totem pole.

StuBurns

Banned
Yeah I have to add/chat with you within steam to initiate the trade, yeah?

Because I can't do that right now lol :|

Yeah, just making sure. I'll be on for a few hours, even if I'm not actually at the PC, so there's no rush, Steam will calm down in a bit.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dang, this is tempting. $35 is a bit much for a double dip purchase, but it's probably not gonna go lower anytime soon. The PC versions are so much better, though.

Fuck that noise imo. Get it and let's Spec Ops. You know you need a bro to bro it up with!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Anyone want to trade Portal plus 2 coupons, 2-3 coal, PLUS either Company of Heroes or SC CHaos Theory or Gary's Mod or PvZ GOTY for ALICE?!?!

Help a brother out!

Also curious about Wings of Prey. Anyone play it?

Yes it's very good if you enjoy combat flight sims. Best, of course, with a flight stick (I have the AV8R 2 which also works on the Xboxes). It's a bit slower paced than most games, but it looks great and plays smooth. IMO it's much better than HAWX.

If you're looking for a great flight sim, also check out DCS A-10C Warthog. It's a little more hardcore.

Jomjom

Banned
Can anyone please tell me a little about the X series? Is it a space flight sim game? Hows the story? Is it a space opera story? Because I love those kind of stories.

I've never played Fallout 3.

I hope it was a sound $7.50 investment.

Sheesh.... this weekend I've spend $10 on Fallout 3 + Just Cause 2 (PC).

Can't beat that.

Thoraxes

I'm super surprised to see MW3 go on sale like this. All the previous CoD games years past have always usually been exempt from the holiday sale.

Double D

So I've been hitting up these sales since last Thanksgiving. I must have hit saturation point with the games I want because I haven't been compelled to buy anything this sale. Anyone else who hasn't bought anything yet?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I wish Morrowind would go on sale to $7.50 or $5 instead of $10 sort of like Fallout 3 has.

I also would like M&M Clash of Heroes to go on a daily deal.

I always debate on some old games too. I don't own Titan Quest, DoD: Source, or CS:Source, but I'd like to get them cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom