• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Morrowind would go on sale to $7.50 or $5 instead of $10 sort of like Fallout 3 has.

I also would like M&M Clash of Heroes to go on a daily deal.

I always debate on some old games too. I don't own Titan Quest, DoD: Source, or CS:Source, but I'd like to get them cheap.
You can get Morrowind for $7.50 in a roundabout way. Chesskid has a gift copy of Morrowind and wants Alice.

Tomodachi

I got my first free game, Just Cause 2. Funny thing is I got it for today's achievement (10 items in wishlist) so it's the only thing I got for no effort at all. Thanks Gabe :)

inky

That would require finding someone stupid enough to actually trade for coal. I don't think there are people that low on the genetic totem pole.

Well, I've got games that either everybody has (thru indie bundles) or was going to give away anyways. Getting some coal in return is fine by me.
Actively trading stuff as to amount big piles of coal for a slim chance of getting one of the good games is a bit dumb I agree, but that's what gamblers do.

Divius

Just got 7 coal and decided to craft only to get 10% OFF Paradox. Yeah. Now I feel like a moron.

If anyone wants it or my 33% OFF Dungeon Siege III coupon, let me know and they are yours.

Feep

Banned
So I heard great things about Alice, but I was never much a fan of the book, and I never played the original. Still buy?

MRORANGE

Would be an awesome twist if Valve somehow release HL3 between January and March of next year, when coupons are still usable

Newkt.png

atomsk

Party Pooper
So I've been hitting up these sales since last Thanksgiving. I must have hit saturation point with the games I want because I haven't been compelled to buy anything this sale. Anyone else who hasn't bought anything yet?

the problem is games keep coming out.

all I jumped on was Dungeons of Dredmor & EYE (total spent: $4.36)

just waiting on Rock of Ages to be a daily, and I'm done

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fuck that noise imo. Get it and let's Spec Ops. You know you need a bro to bro it up with!

I'll mull it over today, but I might do it. I'd love to have a Spec Ops partner, I see they've fleshed it out a lot compared to MW2. I've been pretty impressed by the campaign as well, although my expectations were low.

KScorp

Would be an awesome twist if Valve somehow release HL3 between January and March of next year, when coupons are still usable

Except for the fact that games which come out after Jan 2 are specifically excluded for coupon use.

Not sure if I should get the X superbox or just one or two of the games inside it. Is there any point to getting the older games?

Edit: Wow, there are a lot of different packs. So I guess it's between War Pack (which includes Albion), GoldBox, and SuperBox.

Dang, this is tempting. $35 is a bit much for a double dip purchase, but it's probably not gonna go lower anytime soon. The PC versions are so much better, though.

Fuck that noise imo. Get it and let's Spec Ops. You know you need a bro to bro it up with!

You can get Spec Ops to work? It was laggy as hell when I tried with my friend. Both of our NAT's say OPEN and Multiplayer works fine.

Also, is there a mw3 GAF clan or something? It's hard to find people to play with regularly.

kuYuri

If you're even thinking of getting MW3 for PC, buy it from Amazon NOW. I doubt it will go any lower until some months after the next game comes out.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
How does Fallout 3 play with K/M?

I played New Vegas with kb/m, and it worked perfectly fine. With VATS and everything, precise mouse aiming isn't very important, but it's nice to have the quick keys for switching weapons and using items on the fly. I prefer it over pad controls.

Jomjom

Banned
Can anyone please tell me a little about the X series? Is it a space flight sim game? Hows the story? Is it a space opera story? Because I love those kind of stories.

Anyone vouch for the X games? Is it worth the $9.99 for the superbox if I'm really only into story driven games?

The X games are fucking awesome if you have the patience to stick around and learn how to play...

Watch some tutorial youtube vids first to learn.

PBalfredo

If I buy a game as a gift on Steam, can I later unpack it for myself? I have Skyrim on my christmas list and I got late presents coming my way. I'm thinking of nabbing Skyrim on sale, waiting to see if I get it as an Xmas gift, and if I do I'll just gift it to someone else.

Raxus

Wow, renegade ops wants me to purchase DLC in order to get the achievement and that DLC isn't discounted. What a rip off.

So I decided to pick up Jamestown at $2.50 and this is easily the best $2.50 I've spent on steam all year. Absolutely loving it so far. This is my first shmup type game and I am hooked. Once I finish this I'm going to try to find a few more. The soundtrack is amazing as well. Finished the first 3 levels and then gifted a copy to a friend. If you are on the fence for it, give it a go. It'll be gone in 2 hours.

Also picked up Hard Reset and I'm looking forward to playing that as well.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'll mull it over today, but I might do it. I'd love to have a Spec Ops partner, I see they've fleshed it out a lot compared to MW2. I've been pretty impressed by the campaign as well, although my expectations were low.

My man.

You can get Spec Ops to work? It was laggy as hell when I tried with my friend. Both of our NAT's say OPEN and Multiplayer works fine.

I haven't even finished installing it, actually!

I probably won't even finish today at these speeds either. Heh. :(

didamangi

What's the story on gamepad support for Alice? I recall it being problematic at launch.

Supports 360 controller out of the box, but if you have more than one gamepad, it may default to something other than your 360 controller and you have to unplug or disable it from device manager to get your 360 controller recognized by the game.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
So I decided to pick up Jamestown at $2.50 and this is easily the best $2.50 I've spent on steam all year. Absolutely loving it so far. This is my first shmup type game and I am hooked. Once I finish this I'm going to try to find a few more. The soundtrack is amazing as well. Finished the first 3 levels and then gifted a copy to a friend. If you are on the fence for it, give it a go. It'll be gone in 2 hours.

I'll endorse this. Jamestown is great, best holyday deal by far. You can also get it buying the humble bundle #4.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Fuck it, bought. Never thought I'd end up double dipping on this game, I thought I was over the series a few entries ago, but I'm having a lot of fun with the console version. It's "playable" on PS3 but I just beat MW2 on PC and the horrible image quality is jarring. If I'm gonna invest time in the game, I'd rather pay extra to have a version that doesn't look like dogshit.

D/L speeds are super slow right now. :(

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Fuck it, bought. Never thought I'd end up double dipping on this game, I thought I was over the series a few entries ago, but I'm having a lot of fun with the console version. It's "playable" on PS3 but I just beat MW2 on PC and the horrible image quality is jarring. If I'm gonna invest time in the game, I'd rather pay extra to have a version that doesn't look like dogshit.

D/L speeds are super slow right now. :(

Aww shit yeah.

I'm pumped to play. Sometime in the middle of January, at this rate, but you know, pumped all the same.

Yanksfan

I'll endorse this. Jamestown is great, best holyday deal by far. You can also get it buying the humble bundle #4.

I'll endorse the endorsement.

I played New Vegas with kb/m, and it worked perfectly fine. With VATS and everything, precise mouse aiming isn't very important, but it's nice to have the quick keys for switching weapons and using items on the fly. I prefer it over pad controls.

Amen. This is good too hear. I was worried it was a console game first, PC game second.

Also picked up Hard Reset and I'm looking forward to playing that as well.

I'm actually pretty curious about this. At $2.50, I would blind buy it, but with how much I have spent already during this sale, I need a little prodding for $5. Is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom