• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggles

Banned
Hey guys, if any of you are still having trouble with loading errors, you can fix it by shutting Steam down completely for about as long as it takes me to browse the offers and buy what I want.

Works 100%.

Was just wondering, are the errors just random numbers because I'm getting all of them.
KuGsj.gif
It might be time to give up.

You guys need to fucking chill, holy shit.

You know you're onto something when your customers are angry that they're unable to spend tons and tons of money on your products. Wow.

Yeah, it's not worth getting upset over, but it is enough to get angry towards valve over.

I mean, what did they expect? I suppose it's not commercially viable to make the servers able to accommodate perhaps 4 million people trying to download new games at once all at once, but really - it should be, I'm sure some game launches have pushed Steam harder than this, why is it dying now?

It's the F5 death, it's basically a DDoS Attack by users as they F5F5F5F5F5F5.

Plus I want to know what the game play challenges are for the competition! It's not likely that I'm going to commit to being involved, I hate doing menial tasks in games, and it's likely I don't own them.

Though, it's like the Potato Hunt before Portal 2 I didn't complete it and then when I saw the prize, I wished I did.

Mupod

So did Capcom put any decent sales up?

I know, don't laugh; you never know when a bird will change its tune.

lost planet 2 and dead rising 2: off the record are both discounted but I'm waiting on a daily.

I think their other stuff is 50% as well.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Finally able to check the gifts I got, 50% off Valve game and a Giftable copy of Left 4 Dead 2.

Not bad... Would be better if I didn't already buy the Complete Pack.

Wow that's pretty good. That coupon, can you use it for example on portal 2 today? So 50% off of the daily deal price?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Yeah, it's not worth getting upset over, but it is enough to get angry towards valve over.

I mean, what did they expect? I suppose it's not commercially viable to make the servers able to accommodate perhaps 4 million people trying to download new games at once all at once, but really - it should be, I'm sure some game launches have pushed Steam harder than this, why is it dying now?

It's the F5 death, it's basically a DDoS Attack by users as they F5F5F5F5F5F5.

I get that, but some people here are acting like they're entitled to Steam sales. You're not entitled to anything, so just relax and wait. Most of the complainers probably had no clue when the holiday sales were even starting before today.

Vilifier

Neo Member
Wow, I gave it a rest and thought Valve would fix things, but site is still unusable. Can't buy anything or view inventory.

Firebrand

So I clicked "Free Gift", then I got the achievement for checking my inventory... shouldn't I have two gifts then? I see only one, a coupon.

EDIT: Oh, hey, I won a game! Dwarfs!? PM if you want to trade something for it.

Danj

Is there a Steam Inventory Trading thread? it finally started working for me and I have a 33% off Valve voucher, I want to trade it for something else.

Deadstar

I wonder if Gabe is angry at the engineers and has started to pick out one of his knives from the glass case.

Edit: Praise the sun!

mxgt

Banned
Nothing for me today, not sure if that's good or bad.

At least I have learned to resist pointless impulse buys though.

1-D_FTW

I guess Steam running like garbage the past few days was just a harbinger of things to come. Still curious as to what my actual present was.

On the first day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
some bandwidth in a damn tree.

So did Capcom put any decent sales up?

I know, don't laugh; you never know when a bird will change its tune.

Street Fighter IV is $5.00 if you want to forgo the changes and new characters of the Arcade Special Edition stuff. Probably not going to get cheaper that.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Blergh, at least ya'll are getting errors. I'm staring at my inventory with TF2 ( 36 ) Portal 2 ( 2 ) and Steam ( 1 ) and clicking on them only shows " you have zero gifts" gee thanks

SmithnCo

Uhhhhhh

I got to round 21 of the Bunch of Heroes christmas map and I didn't get anything... it was on easy online. What the fuck?

Symphonic

Blergh, at least ya'll are getting errors. I'm staring at my inventory with TF2 ( 36 ) Portal 2 ( 2 ) and Steam ( 1 ) and clicking on them only shows " you have zero gifts" gee thanks

I used to be like that. Now I have my TF2 and Portal 2 stuff showing up but my Steam category disappeared completely.

Win some lose some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom