• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

I'm getting color banding in Dead Island, any idea what's causing it?

ibvFaX5e73voN0.jpg

Is there anyplace in the options to force 32-bit colour?

Symphonic

The Bunch of Heroes achievement is nuts. Even on Easy it's balls hard to get to 20 waves. Anyone here good at it that wouldn't mind helping?

Majeh

Nobody here thinks the oldschool id games like DOOM and Quake are gonna get daily deals do they? I'm finally making the decision to buy DOOM and Quake for the first time.

Between the DOOM and Quake franchises which ones are worth getting? Any mods I need to know about? What about Unreal?

Both Doom and Quake packs have been on daily deals before. Hold out, don't forget the first rule. :p

MNC

No fucking way. My backlog is too full AND my wife almost divorced me (literally) when I spent $110 on the 2009 Steam sale.

Oh yeah, I kind of remember this! I never knew it got as far as an almost-divorce. :/
I'm sure you've learned from it, but I ain't even joking when I say put a lock on that wallet man.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Jesus Christ, Valve, get your shit together.

You'd think after all those troubles Steam has with their servers when there's too much people at once (either during a big update or game release and sales), they'd upgrade or something. Take care of it, at least.

MNC

I have big doubts about this, but if there's anyone that managed to grab a cheap Dead Island or two, I have two people who'd like a copy.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Arkham City was that price on Origin a month ago I believe. There's a decent chance we see it for 50% off in this sale.

The Witcher 2 is now $40 regular price, so $12.50 doesn't make sense. That would be 69% off. Steam likes their 66% and 75% off price-points. Also, I think that with GoG selling the game at 40% off on their own site, the best we can hope for on Steam is 50% off

This is why couples need personal accounts in addition to their joint accounts. Get your paycheck deposited into your joint, and have a mutually agreed upon percent or dollar amount that you are allowed to move over into your personal account for your own use. When times are good, this could be upwards of 15-20% of your net. When times are tough, you could drop it to 5%, or even have a set dollar amount ($10/20/etc) per week. That way you can choose to spend your money how you like without putting your joint finances at risk.

Me and my wife have a joint account, personal accounts, and a few savings accounts, with money being distributed into each according to our current life situation.

$12.50.

I ain't budging. I already predicted Portal 2 @ $7.50. One for one.

So I keep getting this 503 service unavailable on steam. The site being hammered?

Pretty much, it should settle down after a few hours when the initial hype-rush is over.

Looks like I got a 50% off Borderlands GOTY coupon. And we're allowed to trade these coupons and stuff? I already have Borderlands and I don't want it to go to waste and not even use it.

Lol, Steam getting hammered.

I've been saving for these sales and I'm prepared to purchase everything and anything that I want or that is in my wishlist if the price is reasonable :D

Edit - OOOER IT JUST WORKED FOR ME!!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn, I guess Valve couldn't handle the pressure. I guess I'll just save my money for the EA Origin sale instead.

Anyways, I've been eyeing Singularity for awhile. I might have to hold out for the repeat sale, if there is one.

bengraven

sounds like you need an offshore account for Steam purchases >_>

This is why couples need personal accounts in addition to their joint accounts. Get your paycheck deposited into your joint, and have a mutually agreed upon percent or dollar amount that you are allowed to move over into your personal account for your own use. When times are good, this could be upwards of 15-20% of your net. When times are tough, you could drop it to 5%, or even have a set dollar amount ($10/20/etc) per week. That way you can choose to spend your money how you like without putting your joint finances at risk.

Me and my wife have a joint account, personal accounts, and a few savings accounts, with money being distributed into each according to our current life situation.

This is my plan when times get better. Once we're both working and the kid is going to school and we can afford to save a bit (ie: not going paycheck to paycheck).

Most of my married friends have that seperate account and they put down the ground rules: this will be just for me, whenever I want, whatever I want. It's never a ridiculous amount, but maybe one hundred dollars or two.

pfkas

I somehow managed to fill my cart up with a few games/packs etc, went to pay and it all disappeared.

grrr.

I'm going away again until the servers stop getting hammered.

mrgone

I'm getting color banding in Dead Island, any idea what's causing it?

Did a little looking, try turning your Gamma down to 1/4 or so. Apparently that's what happens when the Gamma's up fairly high, and it sets itself too high by default on some systems.

Holy crap at that Great Gift Pile competition thing.

Win EVERYTHING on Steam?

The winner wins a copy of EVERYTHING available on Steam... WHOLLY F'N SHIT!

Saige

I must do better.
I got another gift copy of Portal, so now I have a total of two. Kind of worthless since who the hell doesn’t own Portal?

Euphor!a

Banned
Finally able to check the gifts I got, 50% off Valve game and a Giftable copy of Left 4 Dead 2.

Not bad... Would be better if I didn't already buy the Complete Pack.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
You guys need to fucking chill, holy shit.

You know you're onto something when your customers are angry that they're unable to spend tons and tons of money on your products. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom