• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
50% off swords and soldiers and 25% off Valve games. Feck that!

Vouchers are pointless seeing as most don't stack with the sale. Why would I want 25% off a Valve game down the road when they're all going to be cheaper than that in the next two weeks? I'd much prefer the ticket system from the summer sale.

SpidermanJones

Neo Member
Dear GAF!

Please stop destroying Steam! It's already late here in Vienna and I need some sleep.
Tomorrow, no time to buy JC2 and Portal2 in the morning and I have to work late.
So, no chance for me to buy those games unless you stop hammering Steam.

Sincerely yours, D:

spk

Which map do I need to do the KF Xmas achievement on? I've racked up 100 kills on each of the themed maps and still no achievement. The ingame achievement tracker isnt keeping count and I cant access the list through steam

Any help on this?

Fou-Lu

50% off swords and soldiers and 25% off Valve games. Feck that!

Vouchers are pointless seeing as most don't stack with the sale. Why would I want 25% off a Valve game down the road when they're all going to be cheaper than that in the next two weeks? I'd much prefer the ticket system from the summer sale.

Dota 2?

1-D_FTW

I wonder if this is going to impact future sales. If the servers are going to get hammered by people downloading tons of bandwidth to get these achievements, it kind of defeats the purpose. Stores need to be functioning to sell these things.

And it seems the servers tanked as soon as that list got leaked. Maybe it would have been a lot smoother if people had just confined their downloads to that days items. I imagine nerds everywhere with 30 programs in their download que.

webrunner

I aksed before but:
are you supposed to get two (one for 'get started' and one for view achievement) or are you just supposed to get one?

My fiancee got two and I got one so I'm curious what's up there.

Not getting 503 errors anymore. Instead, this:

2qmZU.png

Not sure if it's a good or a bad thing.
Same here, though it isn't in Swedish but English.

MRORANGE

still down, you can't even visit the store in steam now.

thinking of switching to Impulse, Origin or whatever water_wendi is using.

Card Boy

Banned
heads up that Fable pack is 30 cents more expensive. Your better off buying it individually (unless my maths was wrong)

I belive shop is working now but inventory is still stuffed.

Peagles

My inventory just came back up when I purchased a 4 pack (maybe coincidence).

Looks like I won 50% off Valve coupon and also a game (Tiny Bang Story). Now to earn some more objectives!

Is Sonic Generations gonna go lower, or should I bite now? I seem to remember something like that happening in the last sale where it was 25% off and then a few days later was 50% off or something. Might've dreamed that though.

Think this is the best price Saint's Row is going to hit this holiday? I've been really wanting to buy the game but couldn't justify it the past week knowing it was going to go on sale.

Right now I'm thinking $37 is good, even if it was featured one day during the sale it would only go down to $30, right? Not too big a deal...

1-D_FTW

Is Sonic Generations gonna go lower, or should I bite now? I seem to remember something like that happening in the last sale where it was 25% off and then a few days later was 50% off or something. Might've dreamed that though.

1st rule, brother.

There's a 99 percent chance this game is a Daily Deal. Purchase at your own peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom