• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Singularity? Is it worth the price? I know nothing about it.

i played it on 360 but i honestly didn't like it. the storyline/concept were cool but the gunplay really lacked something. it's a homeless mans bioshock to be honest. not worth the time in my opinion but i only played about 3 hours of it so maybe it picks up

Nabs

Is Sonic Generations gonna go lower, or should I bite now? I seem to remember something like that happening in the last sale where it was 25% off and then a few days later was 50% off or something. Might've dreamed that though.

It'll probably go a lil' bit lower during the Daily. It has to have a daily, it's too good not to.

Is Sonic Generations gonna go lower, or should I bite now? I seem to remember something like that happening in the last sale where it was 25% off and then a few days later was 50% off or something. Might've dreamed that though.

What was that rule that everyone has posted a billion times? I can't remember...

Wow....I'll check in early tomorrow morning as per usual. I THINK I'm safe from this first day here and should have no problems staying strong in the fact of all those sub $10's in my wishlist until they either hit daily status or the sale ends.

Definitely hope I get some money for the holidays or people end up gifting me as this is craaaaazy.

kennah

Orcs Must Die is calling to me, but Bunch of Heroes looks interesting too!

I'm stuck to a pretty tight budget of the 17$ left in my Steam Wallet from the Thanksgiving sale... Decisions!

legend166

I don't know if I'm just imagining things, but is it just me or do the sales this year seem worse than last year?

It could just be that I've sorta got everything I want pre 2010. So I'm only paying attention to the more recent games, which are obviously going to have higher prices.

I don't know if I'm just imagining things, but is it just me or do the sales this year seem worse than last year?

It could just be that I've sorta got everything I want pre 2010. So I'm only paying attention to the more recent games, which are obviously going to have higher prices.
It is the first day.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Home > Oops
Oops, sorry!

Home > Oops
Oops, sorry!

Home > Oops
Oops, sorry!

Home > Oops
Oops, sorry!

Home > Oops
Oops, sorry!

Home > Oops
Oops, sorry!

Omikron

I think it is largely an effect of all the sales we have been through now and having bought up on all the largely small cheap games over time.

Work Jamestown!!!
angry.gif

Mimir

- AAAAAAAAAAA for the awesome $2.50; Loved the original, looking forward to sinking my teeth into the new content. (75% off)
The new levels are amazing. Though I have a hard time playing the older levels now that I'm used to the much faster pace of the new ones.

First day damages (so far)
Pendulo adventure pack
Dinner date: Been eying this forever, should be interesting at the very least
Bunch of heroes: why not?
Cargo: just bought this too. Isnt it ukranian? Or did I make that up...

Orcs Must Die is calling to me, but Bunch of Heroes looks interesting too!

I'm stuck to a pretty tight budget of the 17$ left in my Steam Wallet from the Thanksgiving sale... Decisions!
Not sure about Bunch of Heroes, but Orcs Must Die is a pretty awesome game - I bought it when it was on sale during the Wishlist deal a week or two ago. A lot of fun, definitely worth $4 or whatever it is.

1-D_FTW

I think it is largely an effect of all the sales we have been through now and having bought up on all the largely small cheap games over time.

Definitely. Steam sales and price reduction points are extremely predictable at this point. Nothing out of the ordinary with the Daily Deals. Just most people here already have the heavily discounted titles they already want.

I don't think the line-up is the greatest, but you never want to lead off with your best on the first day. #1.) People in the know are showing up regardless. 2.) People who rely on word of mouth might miss the first day or two.

One thing I did notice is that publishers like Beth are putting out "holiday" packs rather than "complete" packs to avoid having to put games like RAGE and Skyrim in at a huge discount.

Deadstar

i played it on 360 but i honestly didn't like it. the storyline/concept were cool but the gunplay really lacked something. it's a homeless mans bioshock to be honest. not worth the time in my opinion but i only played about 3 hours of it so maybe it picks up

Thanks for the impressions. I'll skip it then. I definitely don't need another average shooter in my list. There is other stuff I'd like to buy. Only the adventure pack for me today.

Cobra84

It isn't worse, it is just the same games every sale. I've probably already bought anything that will go on sale several sales ago.

Saige

I must do better.
Picked up AAAAAAAAAAA for the Awesome. Never got the original but it looked neat and was just $2.50.

Dailies I’m hoping for:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R series
Anno 2070
Sengoku

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Dead Rising 2 is 15 bucks, Dead Rising 2 Off the Record is 19,90

Oh Capcom. I know I shouldn't expect a massive discount, but I was gonna buy Dead Rising 2 if (when) it hits 10 bucks again.

I hope it's a daily deal. I'm not buying gifts for me this year, so it's all going into Steam sales.

mrgone

Got into my coupons through the Games tab.

You can only use coupons AFTER the sale?

That's not very cool.

So they're worthless for use or trade during the sale, and they only last three months so they're almost useless after the sale. I think I'd rather have coal

Hi guys!

Does the Warner Bros. Complete Pack worth the price? $74.99 USD

I just want it for Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City (DLC too), Lego Batman, and Lord of the Rings: War in the North, or I just need to wait? I think that Batman:AC isn't going lower than $49.99, so what it's your advice?

Thank you!

spk

I didn't think it was map restricted, but it should work on Ice Cave if it doesn't work on any other. Maybe it's just a issue with Steam being obliterated by commerce right now

Yeah I completed both Christmas maps. Still nothing

1-D_FTW

Got into my coupons through the Games tab.

You can only use coupons AFTER the sale?

That's not very cool.

33 percent off a Valve title. So, yeah, unless HL 3 launches before March 1st, so much for that.

Unless Counter-Strike GO is an actual pay product and not some F2P. But come, let's be honest here, March 1st? Ha-ha-HA-HA-HA. Who's kidding who? March 1st? Right.

Yeah, and you can't use them on games released after the 2nd of January.

:lol Didn't realize that. Yeah. I'd like to return my gift, Alex, for a lump of coal. Thank you.

vall03

eh? looks like nothing for me today... can't even view the store without getting an error. Looks like I'm just going to gift my sister Half-Life today... oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom