• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gav47

Just Killing floor today, I was really interested in X3 but this post kinda put me off. On the bright side my wishlist achievement gave me L4D goty :)

Caerith

If I buy a game as a gift on Steam, can I later unpack it for myself? I have Skyrim on my christmas list and I got late presents coming my way. I'm thinking of nabbing Skyrim on sale, waiting to see if I get it as an Xmas gift, and if I do I'll just gift it to someone else.
Yup. It sits in your inventory until you either unpack it or gift it.

deleted

I just got the Jamestown Cheevo and it was the most fun to get yet. Got the game from a gifted Humble Bundle and its a blast. I will get back to this for sure!

Caerith

Do I need the X super box or is just one of them fine?
If you're going to get "just one", get the War Pack. Terran Conflict is the newest X3 game and it's $4.99, but the War Pack (which includes Terran Conflict) is also $4.99 so it's like getting the expansion Albion Prelude free.

I just got the Jamestown Cheevo and it was the most fun to get yet. Got the game from a gifted Humble Bundle and its a blast. I will get back to this for sure!

Jamestown is great. If someone is wondering if they should buy it, grab it from the Humble Bundle :) very worth it.

amrod

owned old Batman: Arkham Asylum... today I bought Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition, that's how good it is :)!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Have you guys tried switching your download server to Ukraine or Washington DC (Comcast)?

Those are where I have the best luck.

Yeah, I switched to Ukraine after making that post. It helped a lot but I'm still under 1MB/S. It's only at 10% but I want to play now dammit. This is why I hate PC gaming, I just wanna put in a disc and play!

didamangi

Awesome, Atom Zombie Smasher made my PC BSOD.

ATI Card?

- Go to the folder that AZS is installed in.
(default: C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\atomzombiesmasher\data)
- Delete atomzombiesmasher.exe
- Rename atom_net.exe to atomzombiesmasher.exe
- Run the game from Steam.

I only wanted to say to all people that are on the fence or looking fo a really cool pikmin game to BUY the overlord complete pack.

The first game is really good but needed some polish, but the expansion for it is really awesome (the gameplay is better and has better puzzles).
Overlord II is just incredible, had lots of fun, the story and humour are great and the gameplay is good.
The music for the whole saga is godly.

I had a blast with this games this summer when I beated the whole saga.

Im on the fence with alice because that price is maybe too high (but havent bought anything really expensive this steam holydays). Its really that good?

cicero

for real? I always thought lots of people liked it hmm
The whole emphasis and feel is different in Killing Floor, I have 200+ hours into it and personally think it is well worth purchasing. I just wouldn't go into it expecting a L4D clone. L4D was inspired by Killing Floor, not the other way around.

The_Monk

Well I can't really complain, I only got 13 Achievements/Objectives so far and I won my second game, not to bad indeed. And they were both on my wishlists, nice!

leng jai

So I heard great things about Alice, but I was never much a fan of the book, and I never played the original. Still buy?

The art alone is worth the asking price but to be honest the actual game isn't that great. Main problem is the length - its like a 15-20 hour game and theres a lot of filler.

Berordn

So what's the verdict on Overlord? They look good and for five dollars it's very tempting. Any gamebreaking flaws or anything I should watch out for before I bite?

Just get an American GAFer to gift it to you.

You'd be stupid not to!

I can game gift another game in exchange for it, so if any american gaffer wants an exchange, just ask for it.

So what's the verdict on Overlord? They look good and for five dollars it's very tempting. Any gamebreaking flaws or anything I should watch out for before I bite?

Theres no gamebraking flaws, the first game is good, but the puzzles are not so great and it needs some polish, but the expansion has better gameplay and puzzles.
The second game is amazing IMO.
If you are american we could do an exchange for alice and I can buy you the overlord pack. Although alice is 75 cents more expensive. :(

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Debating if I want to gift myself skyrim. Was a smaller christmas around here, and I've been wanting to play it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom