• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

Debating if I want to gift myself skyrim. Was a smaller christmas around here, and I've been wanting to play it...

Do it mang. It's freakin' Christmas! And if you actually want to play it what have you got to lose? It certainly isn't going to be significantly cheaper anytime soon, unless you go the retail route.

Xerxes

Neo Member
In the spirit of the holidays and out of guilt for my extraordinary lurk/post ratio, I'm giving away 3 copies of Renegade Ops. First 3 quotes get em. If you want to kick any spare coal or swag my way I wont complain but it's not expected. Wishing y'all non-denominational holiday fun.

In the spirit of the holidays and out of guilt for my extraordinary lurk/post ratio, I'm giving away 3 copies of Renegade Ops. First 3 quotes get em. If you want to kick any spare coal or swag my way I wont complain but it's not expected. Wishing y'all non-denominational holiday fun.

yay. I have no coal but can give you some coupon.

mojiimbo

Me?

Thanks a lot!

Xzior

yay?

Edit: To late...

Does this include the DLC?
me if that the case.

edit: beaten

The_Monk

Oh...!

EDIT: Guess it was too late:)

Thanks for your kindness, hope you enjoy this game!

Card Boy

Banned

I don't want (as i already have) but thats mighty generous of you.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Jeeeeeesus fucking Christ. So far have bought Just Cause 2, Portal 2, Rift, Borderlands, Prototype, Fallout 3, Alice, and Killing Floor.

The best part?
I don't even have a PC that can run these games yet

:_(

Jeeeeeesus fucking Christ. So far have bought Just Cause 2, Portal 2, Rift, Borderlands, Prototype, Fallout 3, Alice, and Killing Floor.

The best part?

That's how they get you until you build a new PC anyway.

It took me the majority of the morning to justify purchasing Skyrim, but it is so nice to finally own it. I've watched my friend play it for hours.

Also, MW3 is already in the number 2 slot? God damn, the discount isn't even that good.

nemesun

So much for me promising not to buy anymore games this holiday season.

Tally so far:
Costume Quest, Frozen Synapse, E.Y.E, LIMBO, Alice, Hard Reset, X3: Albion Prelude.

Danj

The best part?

Don't worry man, they'll still be there when you do.

PaulLFC

I think I own too many games. So far this year:

Fable TLC
Defense Grid: You Monster! DLC
Blur
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy
Greed Corp (for the achievement, damn you Gabe!)
Hard Reset x2 (one as a gift for my brother)
Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum (gift)

So I thought I wouldn't buy anything except gifts for friends...

Costume Quest
Psychonauts
Swords & Soldiers HD
Defense Grid: You Monster DLC
Audiosurf
Jamestown Gunpowder DLC
Hard Reset
Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
Hamilton's Great Adventure Retro Fever DLC
Demolition Inc.
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

for a grand total of 23.03€. And there's still 6-7 days left? FML

Also got Skyrim and Conviction as gifts

cicero

My haul so far:

Fable The Lost Chapters - $2.49
Chantelise - $2.49
Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods DLC - $0.74
Double Fine Pack (Costume Quest, Psychonauts) - $5.74
Defense Grid: The Awakening - You Monster DLC - $1.24
The Sherlock Holmes Collection - $8.74
Total War: Shogun 2 - $7.49 (Amazon.com/Steamworks)
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Rise of the Samurai DLC - $2.49 (Amazon.com/Steamworks)
Deus Ex Human Revolution + Tactical DLC - $9.99 (Amazon.com/Steamworks)
Renegade Ops + Coldstrike Campaign/Reinforcement DLC - $2.99 (Amazon.com/Steamworks)
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy - $2.49
X3 Albion Prelude - $2.50
Killing Floor Christmas Character Pack DLC - $0.49
Hard Reset - $4.99

GIFT: Defense Grid: The Awakening and DLC - $3.99

Total: $58.86

Only buyers remorse was for E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy and Chantelise. Hopefully they turn out better than I initially thought. Also, was gifted a copy of The Ship, which also gave me another complimentary copy to gift to someone else, which was really nice.

That's a great deal for Alice Madness Returns. I'd get it if I hadn't bought it already. Such a good game with a totally unique setting and art style compared to other games. It's a must-buy at that price, buy it!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Only buyers remorse was for E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy and Chantelise. Hopefully they turn out better than I initially thought. Also, was gifted a copy of The Ship, which also gave me another complimentary copy to gift to someone else, which was really nice.

What don't you like about EYE?

So far I bought:

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy
Hard Reset (in love with this one and it was only €4,50)
RAGE (only 2 hours in)

And I got Dead Island for free by trading some coal and my Portal 2 gift.

I'm tryingnot to buy all these daily sales, but I must admit, it's hard :p

Grabbed Hard Reset with moments to spare...just too many good impressions, dammit gaf ;p

Now on the fence for Nuclear Dawn, gonna scan the last couple pages for impressions...anybody got any to share?
edit: Never mind, no solo play. Pass.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
My haul so far, dear god.

X3 Terran War - X3TC and X3AP Bundle
Atom Zombie Smasher
Renegade Ops + DLC Retail
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
The Polynomial
Torchlight
Defense Grid: The Awakening DLC: You Monster!
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Psychonauts
Orcs Must Die!
Trine
Portal 2

Think I've only spent ~25-30 dollars so far.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
My recap so far, I'll include stuff from other sites, but I use on Steam.

Played.
Portal 2: On chapter 5 or 6 now. I like Portal 1 better, but this has been pretty fun so far.
Deus Ex Missing Link: Its more of my GOTY and the level design feels even better.
Swords and Soldiers HD: I kind of picked this up for the cheevo since I had a slight interest in it for a while. Most played game yet. Its RTS for people like me who suck at controlling units.
Saints Row III: Saints are back. Driving is all sorts of fuck, but completely awesome. Forcing people to eject through their windshield.
Rusty Hearts: The cheevo finally gave me the reason to play it, and its been really fun. Its a 2.5D brawler and I can use the controller for it.

Only a few minutes
EYE: I don't quite know what to think about this title. It is janky, but the RPG elements captivated me a bit. I liked blocking bullets with my sword and dicing fools with guns.
Hard Reset: Upgraded computer made all the difference for me. Its definitely a Serious Sam like title.

Haven't touched
Dead Island: Jumped on it from Amazon yesterday. I've been in the buying and gifting mood.
AVP: Once again, Amazon. I'm a fanboy of the franchises and while I heard its a meh title. Its great for fans.

Gifted by Wiflare
Psychonauts: Never played a Schafer game outside the demo for Brutal Legends. I loved the charm in it, but the gameplay complaints made me run away and I never gave it a chance. This shall be my first full step into his world.

Grabbed Hard Reset with moments to spare...just too many good impressions, dammit gaf ;p

Now on the fence for Nuclear Dawn, gonna scan the last couple pages for impressions...anybody got any to share?
edit: Never mind, no solo play. Pass.

It will be Indie bundle anyways. I'd wait on it and get 2 or 3 games more with it for the same price.

Nugg

I bought the X pack out of curiosity but I have no idea where to begin with. I have X3 Terran Conflict, X3 Reunion, and X3 Albion Prelude. I'm currently downloading all three of them. What's the difference between these three? Where should I begin?

Pancakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom