• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasoco

Banned
Hopefully by the next sale, Portal 2 will have dropped in price even more normally and I can pick it up. Since I don't play my Xbox anymore I want to get as many games over to my computer as possible.

Tambini

Damages: (so far)

Hard Reset
War in the North
Payday
Plants vs Zombies
Sacred 2
Sonic Generations
Psychonauts
Orcs Must Die

and I was gifted:

Atom Zombie Smasher
RAGE
Bunch of Heroes
Deus Ex: HR
Rome Total War
Witcher 1

I think I may be missing some

50% Farming Simulator 2011 coupon. Ugh.

KRRcz.jpg

Kyaw

To anyone who doesn't have Atom Zombie Smasher, GET IT.

It's so fricking awesome. I'm just discovering awesome indie games day after day.
Thanks Steam!

Suairyu

Banned
To anyone who doesn't have Atom Zombie Smasher, GET IT.

It's so fricking awesome. I'm just discovering awesome indie games day after day.
Thanks Steam!
Funny thing is, all these indie games I'm being reminded that I actually own. I've bought tons of them in Humble Bundles then never actually played them.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Quick question. I own X3TC and the Albion expansion and I want to have an American gift me these games so that I can gift them to my friend on Steam to take advantage of the cheaper US prices, as they are very expensive here in the UK.

Is that possible?

I just got back from Christmas festivities hoping to buy Portal 2 for cheap during the daily recap and... Iguessthat'sthat.jpg

Seriously, I didn't buy it on monday because I wanted to see if by any chance I found a golden Valve coupon (which I did)... I sure hope at least the last day of sales is a recap. I didn't buy Mass Effect either following the same reasoning ;_;

And now, I'll try to get the Atom Zombie Smasher cheevo... Sorry, GAF, but words can't describe how much I hate that game. It's just not for me, I played a couple of maps but didn't see anything fun about it. Oh well, I'd do anything for a coal or a 50% off coupon for a Humble Bundle game!

Suairyu

Banned
Quick queries:
1 - If you have unreleased titles on your wishlist, you can still get them as part of the prize, yeah?
2 - What games for PC are we all looking forward to (that is available to wishlist on Steam); I honestly have no idea what is on the horizon.

KPJZKC

Liar. Nothing is ever reduced in price on Origin in Europe. Hell, local Origin doesn't even have a "deals" tab like the US one does.

Alice on Origin: 49.99€

Wrong. Almost everything is 50% off on origin at the moment (if something isn't marked down in price use the 'ADVENT' coupon and it gives you 50% off, apparently). Already bought BF3 for €25.

Turfster

Quick question. I own X3TC and the Albion expansion and I want to have an American gift me these games so that I can gift them to my friend on Steam to take advantage of the cheaper US prices, as they are very expensive here in the UK.

Is that possible?
Yes. You can put gifts you receive in your inventory

Speevy

Banned
Can someone make me some general Steam recommendations (holiday sale or not) for a machine that's not very powerful?

I can run a lot of things, but I've found myself second-guessing myself on certain games that don't look as good as they should.

Liar. Nothing is ever reduced in price on Origin in Europe. Hell, local Origin doesn't even have a "deals" tab like the US one does.

Alice on Origin: 49.99€

It's 199 SEK (~€22) in Sweden, and today their daily deal is 50% off almost anything. I thought they had it like that all over Europe. :/

Not that it would be much cheaper in the end anyway.

Btw, Dead Space 2 was like €5 last week on Origin. I doubt we will see it that low on Steam.

Turfster

Wrong. Almost everything is 50% off on origin at the moment (if something isn't marked down in price use the 'ADVENT' coupon and it gives you 50% off, apparently). Already bought BF3 for €25.

Even with the 50% off coupon, Alice is still twice as expensive on Origin in my country as the current EU Steam deal, which is about twice as expensive as the US price apparently (as usual).

StuBurns

Banned
Can someone make me some general Steam recommendations (holiday sale or not) for a machine that's not very powerful?

I can run a lot of things, but I've found myself second-guessing myself on certain games that don't look as good as they should.

Do you have Humble Indie Bundle 4? It has Super Meat Boy and Bit Trip Runner, two must owns for lower end machines.

Braid, Audiosurf, Eversion, Limbo, Plants Vs Zombies, and Worms Reloaded too, all great, all low end-ish.

Does this work on Back to Karkand map pack?

Edit: nvm. I see that is for Europe.

Seconding the Humble Bundle #4 rec. Definitely go for Cave Story+ and Gratituous Space Battles too. Also these:

Aquaria
Machinarium
Sequence (you know, Feep's game you can get for free as a GAFer?)
LIMBO
VVVVVV
Braid
SpaceChem
Plants vs Zombies
The Binding of Isaac
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

Of course it'd help if we knew what runs on your PC.

PBalfredo

GODDAMNIT!

The steam page for Skyrim still showed it 33% off and I decided to grab the deal when I still could. Apparently the page didn't update to show that it's deal was over and I as soon as I click to confirm my order, my eyes fall upon:

Skyrim: $59.99

ARRRRRRGH!

Caerith

X3 looks really interesting, but doubt I'd find time to play it with everything else on my plate for a few months at least. And by then, X Rebirth will be out.

GODDAMNIT!

The steam page for Skyrim still showed it 33% off and I decided to grab the deal when I still could. Apparently the page didn't update to show that it's deal was over and I as soon as I click to confirm my order, my eyes fall upon:

ARRRRRRGH!

That's a bitch, happened to me on the first day when they accidentally reduced Dead Island by 90% (or something). Good job I checked the paypal form.

P.s. Even at that price the game is well worth it. Obviously you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Chaos

GODDAMNIT!

ARRRRRRGH!

It will prob pop up again at the end of sale roundup.

Speevy

Banned
Seconding the Humble Bundle #4 rec. Definitely go for Cave Story+ and Gratituous Space Battles too. Also these:

Aquaria
Machinarium
Sequence (you know, Feep's game you can get for free as a GAFer?)
LIMBO
VVVVVV
Braid
SpaceChem
Plants vs Zombies
The Binding of Isaac
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

Of course it'd help if we knew what runs on your PC.

This is what I own already.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036449075

I'm sorry, yeah I should have specified this. Also, I have most of the 2D games.

It'd be easier if I just told you what my PC is rather than what it runs, because telling you what it runs would imply that I have a discrete graphics card, which I do not.

I have a Pavillion G7 with an i3 2330 Core running Intel HD 3000

http://www.hhgregg.com/hp-laptop-pc-with-intel-core-i3-2330m-processor/item/G7-1273NR

This is the machine. As for what it runs, I can run many popular 3D games from the last few years on medium or low settings. However, this is somewhat undesirable depending on the game. I get framerates ranging from 20-30 FPS with tweaking, and rarely hit 60.

I can run older games like Psychonauts or non-graphics intensive games like Orcs Must Die. Oblivion runs pretty well with maxed out settings.

Basically, depending on the game, this laptop can either appear surprisingly decent or pathetically weak.

I just don't want to miss out on games that it can run really well. And I certainly don't want to settle for games which have to look crappy just so I can run them.

leng jai

Still haven't got anything from this year's Steam Sale, well besides Renegade Ops but that was from Amazon. Still waiting for Bulletstorm and Dragon Age to go on dailies but I'm not holding my breath.

Chesskid1

Banned
482iX.png

my loot so far. had a few more gifts but rejected because i didn't have any interest in em

everything was so cheap.

just a few more things on my list (dragon age mainly) and all be done. very happy with this winter sale :) only disappointment was witcher 2 not hitting my sweet price point, but i have plenty to occupy me.

mrgone

GODDAMNIT!

ARRRRRRGH!

I did that once on xbox live. With avatar props. I accidentally paid for avatar props, and I still live with the shame.

red731

So yeah...

Made one purchase of HL collection two days ago...
SS3 BFE and AVP yesterday...
Will buy Batman AA...

Steam, why u have everything so cheap!

4euro steal...

Damn, Gabe...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Alice is a trap. A rather pretty one at times, but a trap nonetheless. You will be ready for it to end about 4 hours before it actually does.

See, trap:

iFO6lGoBerJoj.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom