• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first game today! ORANGE BOX! Pretty cool to because I don't have it on my current steam account (me and my brother shared one for a while where we activated our orange box)

Popstar

ATI Card?

- Go to the folder that AZS is installed in.
(default: C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\atomzombiesmasher\data)
- Delete atomzombiesmasher.exe
- Rename atom_net.exe to atomzombiesmasher.exe
- Run the game from Steam.
Had the same problem - AZS BSOD my PC.

Thanks for this. I'll try it out.

This is what I own already.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198036449075

I'm sorry, yeah I should have specified this. Also, I have most of the 2D games.

It'd be easier if I just told you what my PC is rather than what it runs, because telling you what it runs would imply that I have a discrete graphics card, which I do not.

I have a Pavillion G7 with an i3 2330 Core running Intel HD 3000

http://www.hhgregg.com/hp-laptop-pc-with-intel-core-i3-2330m-processor/item/G7-1273NR

This is the machine. As for what it runs, I can run many popular 3D games from the last few years on medium or low settings. However, this is somewhat undesirable depending on the game. I get framerates ranging from 20-30 FPS with tweaking, and rarely hit 60.

I can run older games like Psychonauts or non-graphics intensive games like Orcs Must Die. Oblivion runs pretty well with maxed out settings.

Basically, depending on the game, this laptop can either appear surprisingly decent or pathetically weak.

I just don't want to miss out on games that it can run really well. And I certainly don't want to settle for games which have to look crappy just so I can run them.

Try these demos then:

Just Cause 2

Zeno Clash

Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light

Defense Grid: The Awakening

Also without demos:

F.E.A.R.

Also why don't you own Half-Life 2 and Portal 2 bro? :(

I'm pretty confident that you'll be able to run everything here, except for maybe Just Cause 2 but it's surprising how well optimized that game is.

Oreoleo

That reminds me. I didn't get my extra copies of The Ship to gift away! Why? I bought it years ago. ):

One of the new devs involved with The Ship now mentioned there was a snag with CD-key authorization or production or whatever. They keys will still go out to everyone they just gotta fix whatever issue they are having first. I can't wait for The Ship to actually have a community again, hopefully.

Alice is a trap. A rather pretty one at times, but a trap nonetheless. You will be ready for it to end about 4 hours before it actually does.

See, trap:

http://i.minus.com/iFO6lGoBerJoj.png[img][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel like a sort of got hoodwinked by people on GAF saying that it was sooooo much better than reviews let on. Posters calling it GOTY and whatnot... it's pretty much mediocre in every single way.

Kammie

Still haven't got anything from this year's Steam Sale, well besides Renegade Ops but that was from Amazon. Still waiting for Bulletstorm and Dragon Age to go on dailies but I'm not holding my breath.
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition is 7.50 on Amazon right now. Bought it last night.

Kammie

It'll activate on Origin I assume, but Steam is obviously a no, right?
Correct, it doesn't activate on Steam.

I have no issues with it though... there isn't any DLC available, no achievements... and the only thing I miss out on is having it keep track of my time.

Make sure you look at this one. It seems the regular version is the one that's ten bucks.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, I feel like a sort of got hoodwinked by people on GAF saying that it was sooooo much better than reviews let on. Posters calling it GOTY and whatnot... it's pretty much mediocre in every single way.

The amount of worn-out I was feeling at the end of the game would have led to a much harsher review from me than the ones that the media put out honestly.

Universaldamps

Neo Member
I think I've been pretty lucky this holiday sale. I've done 20 objectives. Won 14 coals, both of which have turned into games, 5 coupons and 2 more free games from doing objectives. The games are Left 4 Dead, Kings Bounty: Platinum, Portal 2, Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold. Not sure what I want to do with them...

Hope SPAZ goes further on sale for a daily deal since it's an achievement game. 50% off now though, so I'll probably pick it up at the end if it doesn't.

I do need to work on some of the achievements I'm capable of but haven't done though. There's at least 5 or so I can do.

spirity

Pondering Batman, looks like a great deal. However, I -really- do not like stealth in games. How much of Batman requires you to use stealth?

SmithnCo

Pondering Batman, looks like a great deal. However, I -really- do not like stealth in games. How much of Batman requires you to use stealth?

A good amount, but Arkham's stealth is really fun, maybe the most fun stealth I've played in a game. It's not hard either.

filipe

I'd wager enough to turn you off from the game, but it's still a fantastic game, and very well done. For $5, the story would be enough to have you overlook the stealth.

MRORANGE

Damage so far...

So what I bought/got gifted : (thanks guys!)

EDclC.png

What I got for Gaf : (so many copies of Bionic Commando Rearmed lol)

JPzIr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom