• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzior

Valve really should fix that. Some games crash when I alt-tab and its getting annoying.

To bad it seems like they never will. But it's always fun when you play a game to pass the time while you wait for the download to finish only to remember that you have forgotten to resume it.

Atomski

I just bought the X3 series. I've never even really heard of it, but I saw the screens and thought shit I haven't played a space game in forever.

To bad it seems like they never will. But it's always fun when you play a game to pass the time while you wait for the download to finish only to remember that you have forgotten to resume it.

I'll email gabe after the sale, he always listens to me. Their top engineers will be on it soon after, don't worry.

Ifrit

Damage so far...

So what I bought/got gifted : (thanks guys!)

EDclC.png

What I got for Gaf : (so many copies of Bionic Commando Rearmed lol)

JPzIr.png

Are you giving those away or trading? Interested in DNF

filipe

Fuck it, I bit on Saints Row from GMG, for $20, that's just a complete for a game I keep hearing is just absolutely hilarious and great. Pretty sure with that purchases, that brings me just below $40, so not bad this time around. No more purchases (hopefully).

EDIT: Well isn't that just freaking peachy, my Visa's been denied. Checked the website and it's been compromised, thus disabled. I don't see any suspicious transactions but I can't take care of this until 3 days from now. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Dambrosi

Banned
There doesn't seem to be a four-pack offer on Alice, dammit. And I'm just short of cash to buy it. Dammit, I hate being poor.

Anyone wanna trade 10 coals for a copy? Unless it's cheaper somewhere else?

Oh, and I tried the Crimecraft cheev, but the game thinks I'm cheating for some reason and shuts down. Anyone else getting that? Was I saved?

EDIT: Turns out it IS cheaper, in the USA. Any kind Yanks want to gift it to me? I can PayPal.

Cth

Can someone explain the Guest Pass thing for a Steam newbie?

I've read different things.. 24 hours.. 3 day pass... 7 day pass.. full game..

I'm guessing it varies by game? And presumably not everyone has guest passes?

Thanks!

What I've bought so far:
Batman AA GOTY
Audiosurf
BTTF Collection
Defense Grid
Swords and Soldiers
E.Y.E
Psychonauts
Orcs Must Die & All DLC

I've won:
CSS, (Gifted away)
DMC3, (Gifted away)
Oddbox Collection.

That pretty good for £20.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Finally finished trudging through And Yet It Moves, such a terrible game.

I was rewarded with a coal for my efforts which I immediately crafted. I received 50% off StarRuler, God damn you Gabe.

Got the Jamestown achievement on my friends account. That game is fun, I might have to buy it.

Pay what you want:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

My list of buys so far:

Aliens Vs Predator
Avadon(g)
Royale Indie Bundle (Dino D-day, Blackwell Trilogy, Eets, Oil Blue)
Civ 5 GOTY + CIV 4 + Stronghold bundle
EYE
Hard Reset
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Max Payne 2 (already own the DVD copy but what the hell)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Nation Red 4-pack (AMAZING game, a must-buy tbh)
NeverWinter Nights 2 Platinum
Renegade Ops (Amazon)
Torchlight
Dead Island (trying to trade this for Fallout 3 GOTY + Alice)

Yeah I've been bad.

Speevy

Banned
Try these demos then:

Just Cause 2

Zeno Clash

Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light

Defense Grid: The Awakening

Also without demos:

F.E.A.R.

Also why don't you own Half-Life 2 and Portal 2 bro? :(

I'm pretty confident that you'll be able to run everything here, except for maybe Just Cause 2 but it's surprising how well optimized that game is.

Thanks. I owned Portal 2 already for the PS3 and I just haven't gotten around to Half-Life 2.

Just Cause 2's opening cinematic doesn't even run right on this machine. lol

Very helpful suggestions though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
My Purchases:
Saint's Row the Third. Redeemed to Steam, 19.99 from GMG.

Yup! I guess this psych experiment of a sale rubbed me the wrong way, because I'm normally spending money on junk I'll never play like the rest of PC-GAF.

-Mikey-

My Purchases:
Saint's Row the Third. Redeemed to Steam, 19.99 from GMG.

Yup! I guess this psych experiment of a sale rubbed me the wrong way, because I'm normally spending money on junk I'll never play like the rest of PC-GAF.

That is awesome. So GMG just gives you a steam key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom