• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, thought I might go for some crafting, got 50% off magic the gathering the planeswalker 2012.

Well, it least that's more than the 33% off it is now. And it wasn't bad rats or something like the above.

Weenerz

Banned
I just asked my girlfriend to marry me and she said yes! Then I went to the computer and saw this.

oMrQ0.png

BEST CHRISTMAS EVER. [/headbang]

What's your plan for nail'd?

My Purchases:
Saint's Row the Third. Redeemed to Steam, 19.99 from GMG.

Yup! I guess this psych experiment of a sale rubbed me the wrong way, because I'm normally spending money on junk I'll never play like the rest of PC-GAF.

The sale has been a bit disappointing because the prices have been better elsewhere, the arg for the winter sale is pretty awful compared to the summer one. It would be nice if coal functioned the same way as tickets did, meaning they can be spent (or crafted in this case) but the overall total still counts as entries for the grand prize. It would also be nice if the coupons didn't have lame limitations placed on them. It would be nice to use the 50% off coupon on DOTA 2, CS GO (if they aren't free-to-play) or Episode 3. Instead I've got a coupon that will expire in a few short months that can't be used for anything but all of Valve's back-catalogue, which I already own. I think that's true of most people posting in threads like this. It would be nice if you could use the coupons now and if their discount stacked on top of the existing sale discount.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
That is awesome. So GMG just gives you a steam key?
Yep. The FIFTY-SAINT-XMASS coupon lasts until the 26th.

The sale has been a bit disappointing because the prices have been better elsewhere, the arg for the winter sale is pretty awful compared to the summer one. It would be nice if coal functioned the same way as tickets did, meaning they can be spent (or crafted in this case) but the overall total still counts as entries for the grand prize. It would also be nice if the coupons didn't have lame limitations placed on them. It would be nice to use the 50% off coupon on DOTA 2, CS GO (if they aren't free-to-play) or Episode 3. Instead I've got a coupon that will expire in a few short months that can't be used for anything but all of Valve's back-catalogue, which I already own. I think that's true of most people posting in threads like this. It would be nice if you could use the coupons now and if their discount stacked on top of the existing sale discount.
Definitely isn't the most exciting sale. I quite enjoyed the Summer concept a bit more than this, but then again, my rewards thus far have led me to essentially forgo looking at the gift pile page.

Happiness = expectation/reality. I had a reachable and fun goal with Summer, and I'm here gathering lottery tickets for an invisible competition.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Thanks to my friends jim-jam for Alice, xenoflux for Batman AA GOTY and Steel for Fallout 3 GOTY on Christmas. Nice day. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I've gotten Shattered Horizon, Recetter, DOTA2, Bit.Trip Runner and Fate of the World for free.

Valve rules.

I already owned three

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well, I just keep getting coal. I have still only won a single 25% Valve coupon (which is of course useless), and then just coal. Not a single game, not even a worthless one.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Realistically speaking, does anyone expect even 1% of these coupons to be redeemed?

Steam will intentionally not put anything they can be used for on sale during the redemption period. We will be trolled for 2 more months after this sale ends.

Shahadan

Oh god I have way too many charcoals for what I've done. I had 8 two hours ago with only two game achievements done and a friend giving me his two charcoals.

Now at 10.

And it made me see how awesome is Orcs must Die. I want moar !

Xzior

FFFFUUUUUUU... just did the "fun" CrimeCraft achievement and what did I get for it... yup, a piece of coal. Can't say I'm suprised as I have gotten coal 22 times out of 26 achievements, but come on Gabe. Enough is enough I say!

;_;

tebunker

Banned
I'll gladly trade anyone my %50 off valve and 33% off paradox coupons if they want em. just friend ole Tebunker on steam and shoot me a pm.

Has anybody else had troubles getting the Killing Floor achievement? Seems like Bloats aren't appearing...I even tried a single player mode with the Bloats only mutator, but not a single enemy shows up. Seems to be broken.

Xzior

Has anybody else had troubles getting the Killing Floor achievement? Seems like Bloats aren't appearing...I even tried a single player mode with the Bloats only mutator, but not a single enemy shows up. Seems to be broken.

I had no problem getting it a week or so ago.

Sober

I played the Santa's Factory (or whatever) map on Beginner Solo. Did you pick a perk/class at the start? For some reason I couldn't connect to my profile or whatever so you might have to restart the game so you can. I played a full session and didn't get it for that reason.

All the things you need to kill are in the waves of Beginner Solo for the xmas maps as far as I can tell, no need for mutators or anything.

Same. Bloats appear at wave 1 even (with enough people). The KF achievement is super easy.

I played the Santa's Factory (or whatever) map on Beginner Solo. Did you pick a perk/class at the start? For some reason I couldn't connect to my profile or whatever so you might have to restart the game so you can. I played a full session and didn't get it for that reason.

All the things you need to kill are in the waves of Beginner Solo for the xmas maps as far as I can tell, no need for mutators or anything.

Yeah, I tried a normal solo map, used my sharpshooter perk. I also loaded up a couple of public maps, and didn't run into a single bloat.

Xerxes

Neo Member
Well, I suppose this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but would anyone be willing to trade a Saint's Row III key for a valve complete pack?

Euphor!a

Banned
Anyone have any interest in trading me some coal for Nimbus or Revenge of the Titans? Revenge of the Titans has one of the Christmas achievements by the way.

Yeah, I tried a normal solo map, used my sharpshooter perk. I also loaded up a couple of public maps, and didn't run into a single bloat.

Hm, so it looks like the bloats are there, but invisible, and they don't attack. I was finally able to kill one, but the achievement didn't pop yet (guessing because the game didn't register the kill). I know I got all of the other kills for the other zombies. Maybe I'll just wait until later, something must just be broken.

Also, with Cave Story, Steam seems to think that I got the achievement, but it never actually popped in game, and I don't seem to be showing it in my achievements list on the gift pile page. Hm...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Technically you could open up a new steam account, gift it one of the games you've won with your main account, then complete like 10 achievements based on the free games in steam and the steam community features (joining a group, addin ggames to your wishlist, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom