• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Took me forever to get spiral knights sorted out. Had fun when I did but man, another 50% off hitman collection coupon. I was hoping for coal (so I could most likely craft the same thing.)

50% off for Dungeons of Dredmor? Thats what I got for 7 coal? Seriously, Valve? I own this game already, for fuck sake, and it's costs only 5$.

At this point I'm honestly just going to put all my coal towards the epic giveaway. I don't want coupons or sub-20 games considering I can buy them on these dailies.

In that spirit I have 21 coal and counting towards the buy me a copy of Skyrim fund. Let me know...

Well I have these games sitting in my cart:

Introversion Complete Pack (includes: Darwinia, DEFCON, Multiwinia, Uplink)
Demolition
Inc., IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
X-COM: UFO Defense

Total - $13.36.

Already bought a bunch of games lately but what the hell. Any thoughts on those titles?

deleted

My damage so far:

Alice
Costume Quest
Renegade Ops 4 Pack
Fable: Lost Chapters
Psychonauts
Audiosurf

And I was gifted a Humble Bundle 4 and the Ball. Way better than I expected, but thats only because I already own
and never played
so many deals that interest me.

Just got a new computer, but apparently steam guard has decided I don't get to play of my steam games. Keeps lying to me about sending emails, and all day I keep falling for it and checking, but nada.

wilflare

and Merry Christmas to all :D
thanks for the love <3
Xelios for Alice
Twinduct for Red Faction: Armageddon
Nelo Ice for Garry's Mod
Fl1pp13 for Fallout Collection

apologies if i missed out any thanks but you guys made boxing day a reality for me :D
(never had enough gits to unbox in real life X)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Kinda weird that Steam suddenly downloads games inconsistently. I have them "waves" in my download status.

I have bought:

Alice 2,
EYE,
RAGE,
Blur,
Costume Quest,
Dungeon Siege III (from Amazon).

I've won 5 coals, 33% off Saint's Row the Third and another coupon I traded away.

Pleased, so far, with the sale. I just hope the coal helps me win something in the giveaway. Then again, I've been getting a lot of things from my wishlist this sale, so I may need to look and see what else I should add.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Took me about 20 mins for my payment to work, but FINALLY go this. Can't wait to get home and download the goodness. Its going to be like Christmas all over again.

Good that someone got it. Took me about 5 mins, downloading now on Steam.......... only 8 hours :)

Gonna go to a shop and get Skyrim and BF3 with a gift card. Free games.

Speevy

Banned
I have 50% off Spacechem, 50% off Oddworld Abe's Exodus, 33% off Valve, 50% off FEAR 3, 50% off Anomaly: Warzone Earth, and 2 coal.

Will trade it all for a game I don't have, I'm not really that picky.

Dambrosi

Banned
Has anyone offered to help you yet?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dangry
It's OK, Quinnjaminn already helped me get Alice. Thanks for the offer, btw.

But now, my Steam client won't open. An error comes up:

Steam.exe (main exception): Cannot open blob archive file: CMultiFieldBlob(mem-mapped file): failed to open file

I already tried the rename and delete clientregistry.blob tricks, no go. Can anyone help?

Never mind, I'm a dumb-dumb. I'd run out of hard drive space. Go me :p

Saerk

I won the Valve Complete Pack, but I already own the Orange Box and the Left 4 Dead games. If I activate the pack will I be able regift the any of those?

Cth

Well I have these games sitting in my cart:

Introversion Complete Pack (includes: Darwinia, DEFCON, Multiwinia, Uplink)
Demolition
Inc., IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
X-COM: UFO Defense

Total - $13.36.

Already bought a bunch of games lately but what the hell. Any thoughts on those titles?

X-COM UFO Defense is a classic! I used to play it all the time back in the day. 3rd person strategy/turn based game.

DEFCON used to get a lot of play/talk on 4chan. Seemed like a lot of fun, but my computer couldn't run it .. nice atmospheric game.

Darwinia as a demo on Xbox Live, played it a while back.. fun game, lots of fans.

I've heard the name Sturmovik and seem to remember it being mentioned favorably.

I think I saw a YouTube video for Uplink.. I may have even played a demo a while back? Hacker type game.

Demolition looks fun if it's the one I'm thinking of.. is it one of the Holiday achievement games?

Probably doesn't help, but have fun!

eneko

I untick this box every purchase thinking it will deter me from spending too much.

bXLWH.jpg

It's not working...

Arcticfox

I had a 25% off Valve coupon and 8 coal, so I crafted the coal. I received a 10% off Valve coupon...

I didn't even know there were 10% off coupons.

zlatko

Banned
Shout outs to Speculawyer. Awesome trade, and he even gave me 2 free games. :O

<3 GAF. <3 Steam. This has been my first holiday sale and I got the two games I had hoped for with L4D1 and 2. I'll be soaking them up once I go visit my folks to pick up my gaming PC. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom