• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
My name is Echoes and I'm an addict.

steam1.GIF

steam2.GIF

How many of those have you played? Be honest.

for anyone who wants em for trade or something, I've gotten available:

- Sniper: Ghost Warrior - Second Strike DLC (bought for my dad but he had it already)
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two
- 33% off Valve
- 50% off X-SuperBox
- 50% off Left 4 Dead 2

PM me if anything.

but I wanted to ask if Garry's Mod is worth it? It looks fun but I don't want it to turn into something that I'll play one day then forget about it, even at the dirt cheap price it is at right now.

Sober

If you have an ATI card like me. No. Otherwise I heard it was fun.
AZS works fine for me on my 4850. Give the demo a spin, but if it BSODs you or whatever I think there was a workaround if you had an ATI card.

Verdict on Dungeons: The Dark Lord?
Aren't those like Dungeon Keeper-likes? I heard these ones might suck so I guess there's always Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2 on GoG or Evil Genius (GOG has it 50% off, it's 75% off on Steam).

fugimax

Anyone who bought Civ V on Amazon and activated on steam that's using a Mac able to see Civ V in their library? Amazon was the PC version, but Civ V is SteamPlay so it should show up on Mac..

It's not in my library on Mac ... only PC. :(

Echoes

How many of those have you played? Be honest.

From the Humble Bundle: Jamestown, Dungeon of Dredmors.

For the achievements. D:

No, I really REALLY enjoyed both from my time, and spent 2 or so hours on Jamestown and planning to play more. I'm not playing any of those as I'm alternating between Skyrim and Bastion. Will definitely play soon, but yeah, this list will keep me busy for a long long long time.

And I just got X3 which, according to people who say it's time-investing more than Sins of a Solar Empire, might be outrageously insane.

Can't resist. :(

Chanser

I have Zombie Atom Smasher in my cart. Do I want it?

If you have an ATI card like me. No. Otherwise I heard it was fun.

AZS works fine for me on my 4850. Give the demo a spin, but if it BSODs you or whatever I think there was a workaround if you had an ATI card..

ATI Card?

- Go to the folder that AZS is installed in.
(default: C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\atomzombiesmasher\data)
- Delete atomzombiesmasher.exe
- Rename atom_net.exe to atomzombiesmasher.exe
- Run the game from Steam.

Read above.

olimpia84

I didn't see it listed here but I looked for the tripe pack of Broken Sword and they have it on sale as well! I'm glad I did a search for it...got all 3 games for $3. Downloading now.

mrgone

It's a Christmas miracle! I just got the Three Wise Men achievement in Poker Night with a full house. I guess they relaxed the requirements when they added the 12 Days of We Might Not Have Thought This Through achievement?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, but the 12 days is pretty much easy. Winning 12 hands total should be quick, especially when you tried getting the TF2 weapons.

mrgone

Huh, but the 12 days is pretty much easy. Winning 12 hands total should be quick, especially when you tried getting the TF2 weapons.

I think I had the 12 Days achievement 12 times over when they finally added it :) The Three Wise Men achievement was the crazy one.

Gileadxv

Banned
Too funny! I pulled the trigger and bought myself and my buddy a copy of Nation Red after hearing some really good feedback and then watching the YouTube video from the Cynical Brit. I bought my copy yesterday, and my buddy's copy an hour ago when I got home. Sure enough, I complete the Atom Zombie Smasher achievement, and BAM! Nation Red sitting in my inventory. At least Steam has a sense of humor!

OniShiro

Banned
I won "Vegas: Make It Big" but have no interest in the game.

If anybody wants to trade it for a game they got on the great pile and I don't have, let me know.

vulva

I feel so cheap, I really wanted Alice but I'm letting 2.50 be a barrier between me buying it and not. Was hoping for 5 =(

Sober

I feel so cheap, I really wanted Alice but I'm letting 2.50 be a barrier between me buying it and not. Was hoping for 5 =(
If it's just gonna sit on your backlog I'd wait for 5$.

Now I wish I waited for 5$, since I bought it and saw the download size.

Speevy

Banned
This is not really related to the Steam sale, but I have an issue with controllers that keeps coming up.

My controller has repeatedly been assigned this backward setup where forward is up, up is right, etc. Same with both analog sticks. And I know what you're thinking, get an Xbox pad, why are you using controllers, and so on.

But generally speaking, how do you fix this in the game's config. Is there a one size fits all utility that fixes this? If so, how do I use it and make it stick?

Thanks.

chessnut

This is not really related to the Steam sale, but I have an issue with controllers that keeps coming up.

My controller has repeatedly been assigned this backward setup where forward is up, up is right, etc. Same with both analog sticks. And I know what you're thinking, get an Xbox pad, why are you using controllers, and so on.

But generally speaking, how do you fix this in the game's config. Is there a one size fits all utility that fixes this? If so, how do I use it and make it stick?

Thanks.

I hope this helps: I use a dualshock 3 with motion joy when playing games on the computer. When I choose the ds3 profile my analogs become inverted, so I tried using the x360 profile and it worked perfectly. So my suggestion would be to download motion joy and use the xbox 360 profile.

Was eyeing evil geniuses on my main, but glad I waited because after doing some of the easy free achieves on my alt (for tf2 idling) I got evil geniuses as a gift! I love you steam!

After the lacklustre result of crafting my first 7 coal I thought I would hold off but changed my mind after getting nothing but random 50% off coupons all day after buying 5 random $2.50-5 games for the hell of it. First 7 the other day resulted in 10% off Meridian4. This time:

25% off Square Enix

:/

No more impulse buys for me Gaben.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Alice: Good-looking game, or best-looking game? Holy shit. This game redeems the unreal engine to me. The lighting and shadows are actually good!

Had to kill that ridiculous 30fps cap, though. Did he think it was cinematic that way or something?

If you disregard daily specials, what are the best sales on Steam right now for non indie games?

There is no need to post "wait for the daily specials" picture, I am going to wait, but I want to list them for the last sales day in case they don´t get a daily special price.

And as for non indie, it´s not that I don´t like games like that, but I own so many of them through the bundles.

Jamie OD

It's a Christmas miracle! I just got the Three Wise Men achievement in Poker Night with a full house. I guess they relaxed the requirements when they added the 12 Days of We Might Not Have Thought This Through achievement?

I got lucky and got both achievements at my first go when I played it again a few days ago.

Speaking of Poker Night At The Inventory I would love to see either more content or some sort of new game from the series in the future.

JADS

I got lucky and got both achievements at my first go when I played it again a few days ago.

Speaking of Poker Night At The Inventory I would love to see either more content or some sort of new game from the series in the future.

I would love Poker Night if it had an online mode.

mrgone

Lucky :) Took me almost 6 hours of play over a little more than a week to get Three Kings.

I bitch about it but I actually really like the game itself and I'd really love to see more Telltale ensemble card games, or at least more modes for this one. I guess licensing's a bit of a nightmare with all the various properties represented, but I really hope they do it again sometime. I want to play Magic with Doc Brown and/or Jeff Goldblum

KPJZKC

Urgh, I'm always struck by non-buyers regret whenever I start thinking about the previous days sales...

Wish I'd picked up Rage.

ElyrionX

Umm, I want to gift a game to my nephew but he can't remember his Steam ID right now and he's on a holiday. Is there a way to purchase the game now and put on hold or something and gift it a week later?

C_H_T

Umm, I want to gift a game to my nephew but he can't remember his Steam ID right now and he's on a holiday. Is there a way to purchase the game now and put on hold or something and gift it a week later?

Of course,
Option #1: put it in your steam inventory to gift it later.
Option #2: or send it to his e-mail

Nymerio

Been waiting for Fallout 3 for a while, definitely getting that. Any chance that the Lego games will get a daily deal? I've been eyeing them for a while now and I'd really like to get them all together...

Also, what are some lesser known games that I should keep an eye out?

Tenck

You should feel cheap. I bought it when it went down to the ridiculous $15 price (EA being a bit stingy with letting it drop in price for a while) and I will never regret it. It's an unappreciated title, and I made it my GOTY for 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom