• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
Well it has first Valve game HDR...

The link is pointing to the Valve Complete Pack :>

Yeah, I saw that too late.

Anyway, more importantly, I'm after a very kind US gaffer to hook me up with Alice today, I can paypal or buy a them a game of equal value etc, help a brother out dawgs.

mrgone

I'm sure it was originally free to every owner of Half-Life 2 as a tech demonstration of their fancy new HDR lighting. Then you could also get it free without owning Half-Life 2 through the aforementioned ATI/NVIDIA promotions. I think it was their first title with commentary, too?

Echoes

I'm sure it was originally free to every owner of Half-Life 2 as a tech demonstration of their fancy new HDR lighting. Then you could also get it free without owning Half-Life 2 through the aforementioned ATI/NVIDIA promotions. I think it was their first title with commentary, too?

Hmm, I just tried the above link and when it redirects me to Steam, I get a "Subscription not available" message.

Mulligan

Banned
Not sure where to post this so will just put it in here?

I bought Arkham City from GamersGate and downloaded the game without problems. When installing the game one of my nephews turned my PC off at the mains in the middle of the installation process and now when i try to launch the game i get told to reinstall as files are missing.

How do i reinstall without downloading the whole game again?

Not sure where to post this so will just put it in here?

I bought Arkham City from GamersGate and downloaded the game without problems. When installing the game one of my nephews turned my PC off at the mains in the middle of the installation process and now when i try to launch the game i get told to reinstall as files are missing.

How do i reinstall without downloading the whole game again?
Double Click on the exe that you downloaded from GamersGate and reinstall.

Danj

I picked the Argon Peacekeeper. There seemed to be a lot more ships in the immediate vicinity.

Dunno how much you've figured out already, so some general tips for everyone: Find a civilian or a transport ship, autopilot your way to them (click on them and a context menu should pop up). You'll see an X pop up near where your reticule is when you're almost in range. That's your targeting computer, calculating how far and in what direction you need to lead. The X will change shape when you're in range. Shoot with right click but fire slowly, especially on civilian ships. They are quite fragile and might blow up the moment your first volley reaches them. Deplete their shields (blue bar) and then damage their hull (green bar) shot for shot until they hail you and bail. If your victim doesn't bail, don't kill them. Just hail them (press c) and any authorities they may have alerted and apologize. Then terrorize someone else.

Is there any particular system I should be doing this in? I picked a fight with some freighter and got his hull down to about 50%, but I ended up being the one getting blown up.

Also for people having crash problems with X3AP: if you have ffdshow installed, go to the settings and add X3AP.exe and X3TC.exe to the exclusion list in Directshow control. Also verify the game cache files in Steam, seems the downloads are sometimes corrupted and need repairing.

mrgone

Wow, X3 is pretty awesome in the few minutes I spent chasing down random civilian transports for sport. :)

Hmm, I just tried the above link and when it redirects me to Steam, I get a "Subscription not available" message.

Maybe they've ended the promotion :( I'm not too sure, and can't really test it as I've got all that stuff in my library already. Counter-Strike: Source used to be free to every owner of Half-Life 2 as well, so they've altered the bargain before :)

Hylian7

I have 7 coal now. Do I craft it or save it for a bartering chip?

I'm trying to get an extra Dota 2 to give to my friend who's wanted in the beta for a long time.

Tenck

Conviction is amazing, people who say it's bad haven't played the deniable ops mode on realistic so they don't really know (prove me wrong folks!)

Haha, just tried to play it and was at the CD key page for a while. So annoying that they make you type in the little dashes. So glad I kept at it or it would have stayed in my backlog forever.

jediyoshi

Tempted to buy standard Mafia 2 from Amazon. Is there a reason the last piece of missing DLC seems to only be available in.. Russia?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/50146/?cc=RU

Anyone get ahold of it? There a way to bypass that?

edit: http://forums.2kgames.com/showthrea...etrayal-of-Jimmy-for-PC&p=1298049#post1298049
Right now Betrayal is only available in certain PC editions in Czech Republic, Poland, and Russia - check out your retailer for what they have in stock. We don't have plans, at this time, for it to be available beyond these editions but if and when we do - I'll let you know!
Would be a bit less disheartening if only that post wasn't over a year old.

So X3 and it´s expansions are not something you buy for the story then?

I really a want a good sim/flight action game with a descent (or at least entertaining) story, like Wings, Strike Commander or Tie Fighter, but I guess you won´t find a game like that on Steam now?

suzu

Dungeon Defenders hasn't got a daily deal yet right?

Also do you guys think Portal 2 will go back on sale again later?

Wubby

I already have IL-2 1946 and am on the fence for Wings of Dover. Is it worth the $17? Or should I hold out for a cheaper price come spring/summer sale?

Dalauz

I really a want a good sim/flight action game with a descent (or at least entertaining) story, like Wings, Strike Commander or Tie Fighter, but I guess you won´t find a game like that on Steam now?

X3 conflict has some story going on, kinda cheesy.

Terran Conflict + Albion is the real deal gameplay/technical wise

btw if you have any device with iOS get Galaxy on Fire II

X3 is much more of an Elite (with lots of Tycoon-style stuff) game than a Wing Commander game. There is a story mode but it is pretty bad and mainly of interest because you get a sense of the X's universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom