• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anomaly = awesome

TDU2 = Great idea, ok execution, shoddy port. There is fun to be had in it if you can get over some warts.

Thanks I'll grab Anomaly and skip on TDU2 for now since I've already got enough in my cart

Worms Reloaded
Batman AA
Atom Zombie Smasher
Beat Hazard Complete
Anomaly
Rock of Ages

My first Steam sale is making me love Steam a lot

Anyone in US-Gaf willing to gift Bulletstorm if I paypal in advance?

Edit: Thanks again Rctdaemon

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Excellent sales today!

Got Bulletstorm and Alice from US gifter; got gifted Bastion; and bought Rock of Ages and Worms Golf.

Already have King's Bounty from previous sales.

Not getting it myself, but 66% off a new-ish game like Sonic Generations is a good deal.

alright guys what's the deal with region locked games ? if someone from the US would gift me a game that is not available in my region could i still install it on my Steam and access it?

Saige

I must do better.
Ah fuck I just bought X3: Terran Conflict, but I didn’t see that the War Pack bundle was the same price and included Albion Prelude with it.

Why would they sell the base game for the same price as the base game + expansion? Just to screw over the occasional person like me who missed it?

Tokubetsu

Seriously, have you mofos bought Bulletstorm and Rock of Ages yet? Because you should. I'm just gonna assume y'all already have Bastion.

Chesskid1

Banned
got king's bounty: legends, bastion, rock of ages, and bulletstorm. passed on SG even though you guys kept hyping it, sonic never caught on with me.

won two games, l4d and atom zombie smasher. hey, that's not bad!

StuBurns

Banned
Got Bastion and Rock of Ages today, don't really care about the latter, but there's a xmas achievement and it's cheap, seems worth it.

Rufus

Ah fuck I just bought X3: Terran Conflict, but I didn’t see that the War Pack bundle was the same price and included Albion Prelude with it.

Why would they sell the base game for the same price as the base game + expansion? Just to screw over the occasional person like me who missed it?
Ask Steam support about a refund/exchange for the version that includes Albion Prelude. I remember things like these happening in the past and it worked out in those cases.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Thanks I'll grab Anomaly and skip on TDU2 for now since I've already got enough in my cart

Worms Reloaded
Batman AA
Atom Zombie Smasher
Beat Hazard Complete
Anomaly
Rock of Ages

My first Steam sale is making me love Steam a lot

Anyone in US-Gaf willing to gift Bulletstorm if I paypal in advance?

sure - what's yo info

Sye d'Burns

Geesh, that sucks. If you act quickly though you can still get albion for 2.50! It doesn't make it right, but still.

DOA

alright guys what's the deal with region locked games ? if someone from the US would gift me a game that is not available in my region could i still install it on my Steam and access it?

mostly yes.

games, which are prohibited in certain countries, or have special versions for those countries, will be able to be installed in those countries. (if i recalled that was the case for Wolfenstein in Germany)

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
So, I crafted my first 7 coal and received King's Bounty: Platinum... I can't decide if I should keep it for myself.

mostly yes.

games, which are prohibited in certain countries, or have special versions for those countries, will be able to be installed in those countries. (if i recalled that was the case for Wolfenstein in Germany)

ok but now how am i supposed to be able to TELL which games are prohibited for what?

I mean for instance, Batman AC is not available in my region for Steam(it IS available for consoles though)

Same with Bulletstorm... so there is no way to know for SURE it would work on my Steam account if i would have someone gift it to me then?

I'm so not crafting coal. I'm too afraid of getting a coupon.
Instant disappointment (coupon you don't need/game you already own or would not own) vs. delayed disappointment (you did not win any prizes in the draw). The net result is the same. There is a small probability you get something worthwhile which is what makes you bother with either action.

I crafted 7 and got a coupon for 25% off of Stronghold 3. You think you hate your life...

That's not so bad, considering Stronghold 3 is not discounted at all for the sale. Unless it shows up as a daily deal, you personally hold the lowest Stronghold 3 price.

Aaron

I wish I could craft this worthless pile of coupons into something. The discounts on them are always worse than what they've been going for in the steam sale.

confused

Banned
Last try for today :

Looking for a UK GAFFER to gift me 2 copies of Red Faction Armageddon. Paypal in advance.

Stop making me beg. please

Syril

Its the best version of the game is your PC can handle it. 60 fps, HD visuals, highly recommended if you have a controller.

How easily does it run? If I can turn on all the graphic effects and set the resolution to 1920x1200 on Mass Effect 2 and get around 60 fps most of the time, should I expect the same from this?

Chesskid1

Banned
oh, forgot to mention i bought bulletstorm on one order and it went throguh fine. bought like 3 games on next order and it said CC declined, you may see a charge as a "hold" that will go away later and to try an alternate payment.

but the games were added to my list and are in my transaction history.

then bought 1 more game after and it went through fine.

thoughts? thinkin it just went through and there was no "hold".

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Got Bulletstorm and Sonic Generations from a US Gaffer. Thanks LuffyZoro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom