• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

Instant disappointment (coupon you don't need/game you already own or would not own) vs. delayed disappointment (you did not win any prizes in the draw). The net result is the same. There is a small probability you get something worthwhile which is what makes you bother with either action.

Oh I know. But if I craft coal and get a coupon, it's my fault. If I keep coal and don't win the contest, I didn't make myself lose.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
How easily does it run? If I can turn on all the graphic effects and set the resolution to 1920x1200 on Mass Effect 2 and get around 60 fps most of the time, should I expect the same from this?

Yes. Port is great, you should not have any problem playing at 60fps on that resolution.

anddo0

Does the Amazon version of Bulletstorm activate on Steam?

Also, it seems that Amazon has matched the price for Sonic Generations despite having it on sale for $15 a few days ago. I'm pissed, because I have credit at Amazon, but purchased the Steam version a few minutes ago. :/

The store finally let me buy something. Alice from yesterday + everything I wanted today was $60. Ouch. But at least now I don't have to check the store until 1PM tomorrow.

I was sorely tempted by Amazon's $14.99 price on Sonic Generations but I held off on it. Good thing I did. Now watch Steam have Deus Ex: HR for $5 tomorrow.

Waku

Trying again.

Any US Gafer willing to get Bulletstorm for me? No Paypal, sorry, but i will Steam Trade you a game of equall value (5€). EA is really stiffing the Euros in this sale. :/

Sye d'Burns

Thanks.

So is Red Faction Guerilla really that good? I have been very pleased with Saints Row 3 also from Volition, so if its something as fun as that im totally in.

The open world seems a little barren compared to SRIII but it is Mars after all. The destruction more than makes up for it. I believe the general consensus is to play it on easy and just enjoy the destructive playground. It's great fun destroying buildings with a hammer or charges.

Multiplayer was once considered top-notch. I'm not sure where it stands now. I can't speak to that; I've got it on PC but have only played MP on the PS3.

inky

Oh I know. But if I craft coal and get a coupon, it's my fault. If I keep coal and don't win the contest, I didn't make myself lose.

It's not really "your fault." There's a chance you'll get a game as well, which is a much higher chance than winning the final draw, whether you have 20 coal or 3. Would you consider it your fault as well not taking the chance of getting a game if you don't win in the end?
I'm not using up all of my coal either, but I sure will craft some.

Cipherr

FINALLY KINGS BOUNTY! FUCK YES I waited on the daily deal!

Edit: Anyone know if I should play them in a certain order for story? I noticed I bought a pack that gave me 3 titles in the series.

1-D_FTW

Does the Amazon version of Bulletstorm activate on Steam?

Also, it seems that Amazon has matched the price for Sonic Generations despite having it on sale for $15 a few days ago. I'm pissed, because I have credit at Amazon, but purchased the Steam version a few minutes ago. :/

No. It's a GFWL game, not Steamworks. You'll need to use Amazon's client.

Wow, I'm totally buying Sonic at that price. I've heard a lot of great things, and I think it's about time I play a Sonic game. My last one was the very first Sonic game when I was super young, so I don't even remember anything.

Also, my 5-year-old nephew loves Sonic. I'm sure he'll like watching (and I'll let him play, too, of course).

Sonic Generations is absolutely worth it at that price. I had a blast despite it being a little short.

Also, yay! Bulletstorm! DAT $5 sweet spot. I would have gotten RF Armaggedon, but I still have the last RF game to actually play.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Which day is the last day of the sale, the 1st or the 2nd? Topic title says 2nd, but everything on Steam is saying the 1st.

Ark

25% off id software games for completing the Bastion achievement. Dammit Valve, just give me coal :(

Gotta complete the Warzone: Anomaly, Rock of Ages and Beat Hazard achievements today, and the free one. At least it's something to keep me busy.

FINALLY KINGS BOUNTY! FUCK YES I waited on the daily deal!

Edit: Anyone know if I should play them in a certain order for story? I noticed I bought a pack that gave me 3 titles in the series.

Kings bounty first, armored princess second and crossroads last. But I don't know how important it is. I just skimmed the story when playing the first two. Haven't played the third yet.

Amazon playing catch up to today's deals. They're either only matching or have slightly worse deals.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1341224742&pf_rd_i=979455011

Deus Ex Missing Link is up for $5.09 now though
http://amzn.com/B005W3087A

Standalone

edit: scratch that, game of thrones looks to be $10
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005LIV3ES

O shit, I may have to get missing link and finally give game of thrones a chance at that price. Very nice.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Kings bounty first, armored princess second and crossroads last. But I don't know how important it is. I just skimmed the story when playing the first two. Haven't played the third yet.

Crossroads is a complete remake/rebalancing of Armored Princess so skip AP if you're getting all 3.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I was thinking of getting Beat Hazard Ultra, but no one I knows actually owns it. What good is Co-Op if no one I know own it? The DLC should of been free.

jediyoshi

I was thinking of getting Beat Hazard Ultra, but no one I knows actually owns it. What good is Co-Op if no one I know own it? The DLC should of been free.
The multiplayer is just a small part of the DLC, bit of a small ratio of worthlessness to give out the rest for free :p

Alright i am willing to give this region thing a shot,

Could a US Gafer gift me Bulletstorm and i would gift another game for the same price or even a buck or 2 more ?(in advance even)

PM me :)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
oh, forgot to mention i bought bulletstorm on one order and it went throguh fine. bought like 3 games on next order and it said CC declined, you may see a charge as a "hold" that will go away later and to try an alternate payment.

but the games were added to my list and are in my transaction history.

then bought 1 more game after and it went through fine.

thoughts? thinkin it just went through and there was no "hold".
Happened to me yesterday, but I was using the wallet... seems that the servers are really overloaded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom